Friday Conga - Jump in when you can

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Friday Conga - Jump in when you can

Postby CathyS » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am

The person that I have been waiting for has come and gone. She still owes dh $70 for the tires he put on last night, but she needed the tires in the worst way, so he gave her a great deal and knew that she could pay most of it when she picked up the car and the rest will (hopefully) be tonight.

Dishwasher is almost finished. I have polished some mirrors around the house. Dh loves mirrors for their reflectiveness of available natural light. He has NEVER stood and preened in front of one other than when he is shaving. I also did some slats of a blind. I am slowly getting around to all of the blinds. I also did some dusting in the living room. Bed is made.

I decided to clear up in the pantry a bit, so the island has even MORE stuff on it now.

We are going out for BBQ tonight with a friend.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 10, 2019 9:40 am

Dh loves mirrors for their reflectiveness of available natural light

Me too! I have an abundance of mirrors in the house. My first choice is windows (without blinds covering them) and then I add mirrors to increase brightness.

I have done the daily cleaning to the front porch area. I have the blower battery on the charger now. I made a chalk drawing of a flower on the concrete walkway. It is not logical how much this quickly drawn chalk flower makes me smile each time I walk in/out of that door.

The kids have their bedroom floors ready to be swept. I have delegated that task to ET (roomba) and got her started. She must have volunteered to also sweep the kitchen & living room floors because that is where she is sweeping now.

I have canceled plans to go on wildflower walk tomorrow at the wildlife refuge. Hiking in the rain is not on my "things I want to do" list. I made reservations for 5 to go on this walk on June 1st. I invited DD and DGS22 to join us and they accepted. DH doesn't do guided tours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 10, 2019 10:31 am

Morning Y’all ...

Got my dancing shoes on and started dancing very early this morning. Took my friend to the airport and left my home at 5:00am. Came home to enjoy my coffee.

Yesterday I battled a migraine and did so again early on this morning. It’s that time of the year.

Dyson is recovering and will be receiving several new filters to enhance his health. He is expecting to be released by next Thursday, so so much for home blessings till then.

I needed to make a quick trip to WM this morning, and then plan to work on my desk. Laundry is also waitin to be started and I need to water my sunnies. Some have already bloomed with more onthe way. Most are already standing 6 feet tall and after 10 weeks are producing their flowers. Can’t wait to see what they bring.

Off to drink my second cup of coffee and find Perry...dance on y’all !!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 10, 2019 10:42 am

I too, like lots of light. Our destination camper up home has LOTS of window space & we usually leave the blinds open and let the light shine in. There's little space to hang mirrors but I do enjoy those windows on all sides. Think in all (including our pation doors) there are 14 windows. Most of those are very large. DD's house on the other hand is much too dark for my liking. The great room has a window facing the front porch in the living area and one facing the back yard. Then there's the patio doors & one small window over the sink. That's it for the great room. The dining room is really an alcove off that and has no windows and becomes very warm in that corner. DD's bedroom has 1 window with a bench seat (I forgot what you call those windows -a brain fog for sure!). Our office has one window, dd's 'art' room 1 window and our bedroom has 3 good sized windows. Only one over our bed has the vertical blinds closed. The other 2 are higher & we leave those open. Probably will close them before I head north so it's a tad cooler in there. Reminds me to put 'turn off the fan' on my last minute to do l&&t.

I'm trying to stay somewhat busy each hour of the day. My step count slowly increases through the day but my aim is to get in at least 1,000 steps an hour. Can't seem to do any more than that in one stint. Will mention this to my cardiologist when I go 6/10. I'm not exactly 'out of breath' but I can feel it after a few hundred steps. A few prayers in that vein won't hurt I'm sure.

DD and I are on our own tonight. We at first thought about going out but decided we'd bake the eggplant parmesan that's in our freezer. We also have a lemon cake by P eppridge farm that needs eating & dsonil won't touch anything that says 'lemon'. Hmmm....wonder why he likes it on all the shrimp he has. In fact he's buying lots of shrimp where he works as they can get it cheaper than hamburg. So we have it some way at least once a week.

Off to finish up my tasks for the 10 o'clock hour. Only have 20 minutes left to get them in. First up is go walk a few hundred steps.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 10, 2019 10:47 am

Dbil called yesterday afternoon to see if I wanted to go to breakfast this morning. I really didn't as I have a hard time getting going the morning 'after'. Had Trivia last night & got home at 10:25pm (2nd place this week). Plus dd had to call the 'bug' people who were out here for their bi-monthly trip about a week & a half ago. However dsonil 'saw' one of the southern clientele on Tuesday -first we've seen in forever. So she called yesterday to leave a message that we might need a repeat trip or an inside go round. That probably won't be until next week, but I wanted to be available if they came by today. Then on Monday or Tuesday 'tree' people are coming to give them a price on trimming all their oak trees. $$$$$!! They want to get them trimmed before hurricane season & the one out front is now scraping the garage roof. She plans to tell them their 'budget' figure and see how much they can do from there.

Going to put a prayer request over in J&C for dd. Trivial -well sort of but could be big over the next few years.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 am

I can't get going this morning (It is still morning, right?) I've had 10 a.m. meetings/appts two days this week and 10:30 one day, so I guess it's natural I'm slow today. And dcleaning lady has done her magic and gone.

We are going out to dinner with friends tonight - I need to keep reminding dh that eating out isn't good for weight loss and control of blood sugar. Also, I think I am getting to be an old person - we usually go out on the early side, perhaps 6 or 6:30 or 7, and they don't eat until later, like 7:30 or 8 so it will be a later night out. :roll:

I can't even get restarted on yesterday's genealogy work right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 10, 2019 1:44 pm

eating out isn't good for weight loss and control of blood sugar.

We have friends that eat out almost every meal. I don't know how they manage it. When we eat out together I try to pay attention to what they order so I can get a clue. One DFriend eats no vegetables ever and orders everything with no sauce. She basically will eat about 3 oz of meat and 4 oz of carb.....dry. Another friend that eats out almost every meal usually orders fried food but he will only eats about 1/2 of the portion. So it amounts to about a half dozen fried pieces of carb and 3 oz of meat. I'm guessing they can eat out every meal because they have become very good at portion control. They seem to start the meal knowing they will only eat a small portion of it. I don't have that self discipline when I eat out.

We went to town with the intention of getting a bed for DGD7 room. Instead, we came home with a desk and dresser. The bed in the store wasn't acceptable to me so they will be bringing in another bed frame in better shape. It should arrive on Monday. All this furniture is being bought from our favorite local charity store. The furniture is top quality that was donated in bulk. I like the combination of supporting our favorite charity, plus getting furniture that will hold up to youngsters, and I'm not going to be concerned about keeping it in perfect condition. I am 10000% sure the desk it will have marker residue on it in various colors. No matter how much DGD7 tries to keep the markers on the paper, the creative process has aut-ohs.

I am sooo very excited about getting my dining room table back. It stays covered since DGD7 draws almost everyday. Now all of DGD7 drawing supplies are being moved to her desk drawers. We have agreed that she will do her creating drawing at her desk. She is really excited because the desk has a light built in so she will have good light to draw.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Good morning everyone! Last night was another DD17 homework night, no surprise. I got Briggs's claws clipped so he can be in the cat show (domestic division). They may say something about his teeth, but he has a dental scheduled for mid-month. Today, I must reply to some emails about the June animal org event. I seem to be in charge. I have about 5 projects ongoing at payroll. Unfortunately, they all seem to be going nowhere.

Tonight will be crazy: get license plate from car dealer, pack for and deliver 2 cats to overnight at the regular adoption clinic, pack for myself and the other two cats for Saturday's cat show. I doubt I will make dance class and next Friday is a dinner with friends. I was invited to a music performance by xBFF. Two out of towners that I know from grad school days will be there, but there is NO WAY I can add ANYTHING to tonight. I also need to pay a bill and order meds refill.

I would like to welcome blessedw2 to the TV-free world. I have been a resident for 25 years.

The reason TwinsMom could not find any info on transmutation of food items is that it is not a common expression. Transmutation and time travel of food items are concepts I invented and their use is confined the the IT folks assigned to the Community Service Food Program in New Mexico. There are two other terms I created for my coworkers, obsolete business practices and cross-pollination. Obsolete business practices is a euphemism for stupid user tricks (often involving time travel and transmutation). The Cross-Pollination reports were originally not intended for wide usage. They were a way for me to understand office assignments for cases. One showed the percentage of cases worked by an office for other offices. The other showed what percentage of an office's cases were actually worked by employees at other offices. It was quickly realized that these could be used to pass blame and cover tailbones, so they became very popular. Cross-pollination now refers to an employee working cases that are assigned to other offices. My influence on corporate culture will remain long after I retire.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Had b.a yummy sandwich with lunch dd at a coffee shop. After the plant sale.
Then went to the pond walked the dog around it,
got 3 stones for stepping stones for the back yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi, just wanted to come by to say hello. I've been reading, but not much to report here. I've been using my eyes a lot, doing some close up work, and it feels like sore muscles. I don't know what that's about, but I will sure remember to ask.

Gathering at church last night was pleasant but not jolly. Music was slow and quiet and discussion was kind of quiet and thoughtful too. I much prefer when somebody really outgoing is in charge because those kinds of people come up with fun games and lively music etc. We had a storm roll overhead and our lights and sound system went off twice.

I like lots of light in the house too, but I am still sensitive to light. I sometimes put sunglasses on when I'm sitting in the family room in the afternoon. We had a big tall double sliding glass door and 4 windows in that room. Really, our whole house is pretty bright. I don't have to use any lights in the daytime.

Need to go down to the bank before they close. Enjoy your conga! That video looks like it was taken in somebody's workplace. I never worked in an office that happy!

Return to “Post When You Can”