moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:51 am

It is definitely not summer here :D can't wear those sunglasses yet 8-) :D but I am deciding what I want to do this summer for fun.

Summers are so short - what do you love to do during your summer? quiet summer nights outside? what do you love to do?

What are you doing today - it is SATURDAY May 11, 2019
I will cheer you all on during your day!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day - hope you have a bit of beautiful sunshine!!!

any 5 x 5 workers today?
any 1 x 1 workers? love those days :D

I forgot it is winter for d lynn and others - praying that cyclones stay away!!! that you get gentle rain that keeps the land healthy for your summer. praying that floods stay away. praying for good moisture that isn't dangerous so that there isn't a drought next summer. May it be a lovely winter for you.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Re: moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 11, 2019 9:00 am

summer is done here for now.
for this continent
to the south there has been snow and hail recently.
to the north west there is a bit of a cyclone lingering about.

woollen blanket and warm sheets on the bed yesterday

My main aim today was to get mowing done for 2 sides of the house and that got done.

DD rang with a time to get together tomorrow for lunch.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 am

I forget that you have winter d lynlee!!! praying you and all the area have an easy winter!!! yay on your mowing!!! how nice to have time with your dd for lunch!!! Happy mothers day!!!! have a lovely lovey evening.

it was supposed to be sunny today - :D woke up to gentle drizzles and cloudy skies that have sun behind.

I was out of the house yesterday, more than i had wanted. I finished 2 things done in the kitchen. 1 zone and one thing that needed to be addressed. But other than that... bills are still on the table, family room :shock: , laundry on the church bus stop (to go upstairs), did not do my daily vacuum and it looks it, no garden (15 minutes) in garden, no car and purse day - I thought I could do it when I woke up (to catch up) but I am throwing that idea out the window.
I don't think I can completely ignore this months kitchen zones but might add one 15 minute a week during the month so it is not overwhelming.
let it go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4

I looked at my daily task check off page and there were a lot of empty spaces this week. ;) I had to order more today. done
https://sewmuchcrafting.com/collections ... -for-rings - I thought about going to this one posting.php?mode=reply&f=17&t=6194 but I like to check it off

I want a fire outside tonight. dd older is here to help me with the pool pump (I hope the weather cooperates :D ).

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 11, 2019 10:07 am

Made scrambled eggs for breakfast for dd and myself. Had a couple slices of small Italian toast with that. Now I'm compiling my l&&t for the rest of the day. DD/dsonil have gone to "Mayfair" in Lakeland. Expect they'll be back in a couple of hours. DD was dreading dsonil getting in to drive their 'bug' because they took it for an appointment because the check engine light came on. Testing showed something with the emission, so the repairman said their car was too young to have that problem & suspected something jarred the sensor. So they came home. Thursday the car dinged & the light was back on so dd called & they decided that yes something is up & she made an appointment for Tuesday. Dsonil has such a hissy fit when anything is wrong with a car that she just wanted to take care of it herself & be done with it. As it was she had made several arrangements for rides to/from school the next day. Now she'll probably have to figure that out again. But since he would be driving today, this 'happened yesterday', right?

Need to get my hourly steps in so off I go and then on to doing some real work. Perhaps dishes. Got a roast out to thaw for dinner tomorrow. As soon as dsonil saw it he exclaimed, "OH, we're having steak for dinner!" Nope tomorrow's dinner in the crockpot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 am

I'm up. I've had breakfast, completed my daily puzzles, tidied the bedroom and took out dh's stitches (he had moles removed last week, this saves the 80 minute return trip to the doctor's office.)

Now to s2s.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 11, 2019 10:39 am

I exercised first this a.m. and also gathered a different load of laundry than intended yesterday. I started rethinking weekend priorities as I awakened.

ds was over late last evening as I was closing up the henhouse and borrowed the tractor. I was able to tell him I have something extra for ddil for Mother's Day, but he didn't know their plans yet.

dd20 has promised to attend rehearsal and lead singing as a soprano tomorrow, since I was alone last week and need a break from that. I don't know whether to sit with her to appreciate her gesture and presence, or take off for parts unknown and hear a different service somewhere. That would be asking a LOT of her, to attend and sit alone.

The big deal tomorrow will be visitors, so that's what I'm planning toward. HRH's sister and mother will visit, and he insists they have lunch here, so I am wondering how that's going to work. Dd and I won't be home until well after noon. We know very little about what either of them would like, really, or if his sister has diet restrictions.

Other visitors will likely be ds and ddil with the children, children playing outdoors. Also dstepson, who is on his own this weekend while dstepdil and my granddog are visiting his dmil.

LadyM, I was reading about your sets of friends who eat out for every meal, and see how they have quite a challenge.
Vegetables would be "free" foods as far as weight-gain worries, so eating out with an eye to the scale, but avoiding all vegetables, would be very restrictive. My disappointment with vegetables at restaurants is that they are often prepared in unhealthy ways, but on balance, may have the only phytochemicals and fiber on the menu.

HRH has knee pain this morning, a surprising new complication of the meds changes that involve the fluid balance. He is really moaning today with movement, and we can't wait for all this to go away. So blessed to see a finish line.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 am

Today I have gotten hubby to take fuel can with him so I can get to the mowing and water. After the farmers mkt. Maybe grill meat.
Plans made in pl anner and journaling done. Summer like weather this weekenbd here then a cooling trend.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Waiting for dd to show up to take me out to lunch. She chose a local brewery. I just looked at the menu and it all sucks and over priced. PLUS I have to sit and smell beer all around me. I hate the smell of beer. UGH! Why did I say "Sure" ?? Dh isn't going, which I didn't know when I said sure. He said the last thing he wants to do is smell beer when he used to drink it a lot up until he stopped cold turkey in 99.

House is okay. Most of the island is cleared off.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Cathy: can you look up reviews of cafes in the area and then when dd comes say, "My friend was raving about XXXX place, do you think we could go there instead?" Or did your dd choose a place where she could get a beer for herself?

I'm struggling badly with expenses. Dh is on a conference call so I can't ask him for help. I'm basically feeling very incompetent right now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 pm

I had a shorten night sleep because DD came around 2am after she got off work to pick up DGD7. DD has today off and wanted to spend it with DGD7. DD and DGD7 will be at church tomorrow and then DGD7 will come home with us. DD schedule with her current job is off on Wednesday and Saturdays. That means DGD7 is here 5 days/nights a week and with DD 2 days. Until the next change.......

I made up a Potato Patty recipe this morning using ingredients that needed to be used. I guess it turned out okay because the guys ate every bite. of it. I had an Oatmeal breakfast jar for my breakfast.

I need some sunshine. My energy level is low.

Kathryn - I am in awe of how much you do with the business financial data and taxes. POTB for doing a difficult project!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”