moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Wow. I slept in until almost 11 today. Dh was up early and let the dog in and out so she wasn't anxious to wake me up and I just kept sleeping I guess. Weird dreams too...

Since getting up I've walked the dog, walked around the block a second time with M, and then went to the vet to pick up ddog's meds. The vet closes early today so that was a must. I should have some brunch and get to a.m. routine soon!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat May 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Morning y’all...

Morning has broken like the first morning...

Been outside for quite awhile. Watered all my plants including my lantanas out front. Swept the sidewalk as well. We have some kind of critter/lizard/bird, you pick, who visits one of my lantanas closest to the sidewalk and scatters all the rocks around it every night.

It’s getting warm out earlier each morning. I started out this morning with a light weight sweater and ended up with a tank top.

So summer has begun...

I have a Mothers Tea to attend this afternoon with friends. I get to dress up and have fun.

Dinner is in my slow cooker...roast, potatoes, onions, celery and carrots. Enough for tonight and tomorrow so I don’t have to cook. It’s warm enough...90*... that I may take my first swim tomorrow, if it doesn’t rain!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 11, 2019 1:11 pm

So sad for my dstepdil, who had to make the decision to have my tiny granddog euthanized today. Her constant companion, and such a loving little sweetie who could snuggle with the newest visitor after a good snif-over. A half-maltese half-miniature poodle, I believe, although there may have been an additional heritage. I'm sure dstepson will be stoic about it but feel lousy. It's tough when you don't hear those happy clicks heading across the floor to you any longer.

Both my dds have been on the phone about this today. I'm sure ds is keeping this secret from his children right now - it will take some thinking on how to break this news to toddlerC. (who is dgd4 at this point)

I need to flip-flop laundry. General pick-up still going on through the front part of the house. After that, front bath needs to be in put into tip-top shape for so many lady visitors tomorrow, especially dsecondmil who is having some knee issues herself.

Now have ddil's Mother's Day gift ready - basically put a bow on an already nice box it came in, but, hey, it's prepared!

Dashed out into a surprise rainstorm to retrieve a basket of flowers I didn't want to be pummeled. So I was pummeled, lol.
Had to change shirts and paper-towel my friz hair! :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Working my way through daily tasks.

** front porch & area has been PUPA, blown off, and another chalk drawing made. Yesterday's chalk drawing disappeared in the rain.
** Drinks have been made for the day.
** Vitamins out of everyone.
** ET is sweeping the floors.
** Dishwasher unloaded and dirty dishes are in progress
** LOL done and in the dryer.

Extras -
** I stripped DGD7 bed and have her sheets, blankets and comforter washing
** I moved furniture around in DGD7 room and found a way to limit the amount of damage the existing metal bedframe does to the wall. I made the final (I hope) decision to not replace DGD7 bedframe. Pick your battles and this is not a battle worth picking (to me). DGD7 request to keep her existing bed is going to be honored.
** I did several styles rearranging the rainbow curtains because they are a tad long. I could take the 8 rainbow sheers down and put a bigger hem in them. Or I could raise the curtain rod hardware higher. But I opted to use a tying method which changes the way the curtains hang and results in them being shorter. Hum....still not sure. I'll leave them like this and see what DGD7 opinion is tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:27 pm

today I have one of those hormonal type days even though I should be over that ;)
one side of me is cranky but a happy cranky 8-) like a "go ahead - give me attitude" 8-)
happy and the next second feel like I will have tears with absolutely no reason!!! I am usually pretty aware of why I get depressed or at least after it ;)
It's also one of those days where I feel like - if I want it I will do it - I.E. coffee this morning - i shouldn't have gone out and get it but I did with that little kid brat attitude. I guess today I am impish with a touch of cranky (you can't see it but I am raising one eye brow - I can feel the leprechaun pointy ears growing on me... (thank goodness - no beard yet 8-) :D )

finished straightening desk.
I haven't checked my checking account and I know I should. it has taken me forever to catch up on my paperwork and I am not there yet.

dishes are washing themselves.
I usually will wash dh's egg dishes if he misses them but when he decides to not do it all and puts it aside I get a little defiant. So today we hit day three of egg dishes and I finally put them all aside on the counter and asked him to do them. He washed them. :ugeek: I think this is becoming a lazy habit. He does that now; but not intentional.

now for real work. heading to the garage.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 11, 2019 1:57 pm

(who is dgd4 at this point)
Now I'm SURE this has to be INCORRECT! She can't be more than 2 1/2 or 3 at the most, right? Those years just keep spinning out of control. When is the 'finish line' for HRH -or more precisely when is he going to be able to hug all those grand kiddos?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat May 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Home. Sooo tired...
Good trip though — THANK YOU for prayers — dh has felt amazingly well. As he said last night, just totally unbelievable, compared to how he felt a week ago at the ER.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Aut oh. What have I done to myself? I just found a show that is 20+ seasons long that I want to watch. I saw on a homeschool forum someone recommended the show Amazing Race for kids to learn about geography. I am not familiar with that show so I watched an episode to see if it was something to include in homeschool. Now I want to binge watch the races. I like how the show influences me. It raises my energy level and I find myself only watching a few minutes then getting up and doing stuff. I do think the show could be used in homeschooling if the races were combined with following on a map and more research about the location and sights.

I made mini tacos for lunch. It was a hit with everyone.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Welcome back, Lucylee! Glad it went well.

I have 3 granddogs. The one getting a tad old is the sweetest one. I also have a grandcat, the sweetest thing, all black. I am an Aunt to Sunny's dog, too.

I am working around, getting the house in order. I have straightened the office, the kitchen, the family room. I have done 2 LOL and 2nd is almost ready to hang up.

We got a new battery pack for my little sweeper which I adore (so easy to pick up grass & stuff off the floor) and DH hooked it all up and put it together. He used it and admitted it is easier to push around than the vacuum he bought himself. That one is top heavy but it also vacuums which my little one doesn't. Mine is like using a broom, but easier.

Next: run the little sweeper around and pick up all the dead love bugs which keep blowing in open doors. Use the leaf blower on the porches and get the bugs off those places.

Bathrooms need attention.

I'm working on my new puzzle off and on too. It will be our spring/summer picture over the mantel. Time to take the snowy one down. Is this a redneck thing to do to use jigsaw puzzles for our art?

LadyM, I've heard that people get addicted to watching that show!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm

LadyM: It is Harmony I'm in awe of. She at least does her books monthly and has more in a month to deal with than I do over a year. The only thing I have that she doesn't have is reconciling when dealing with receipts and invoices in 5 different currencies on a regular basis and others as well. I got a bit snippy the other night entering an invoice for $5400 and only getting paid $4900 because the banks help themselves through currency conversion fees. That is true for about 80% of our billings, with up to 10% being lost to exchange rate fluctuations.

In those cases, I have to go back and adjust the invoice to reflect what we were actually paid. For the description of the fee, I enter "Robber Fees".

Dh got off his call and sat down in the dining room with me and sent me all the emails with Uber receipts (the ones from Canada and overseas show up on our credit card in C$ which don't match the numbers on the expense report if it is overseas, due to currency conversion.) And the Canadian ones have a bit of tax I can record and receive back from the government. So I need to see every receipt.

He read them off to me and I filled in my worksheet (by hand.) Every expense should now be accounted for. I still have to rename every email he sent me to match the receipt number in my accounts. But that way, if we are audited, I'll be able to off proof of the expense without having to print off every bill. I prefer paper, but so little comes with paper now. On a one week trip, there were only 6 receipts for dinners, the rest, plane, train, uber, and hotel had no paper.

I made up the hamburg chowder. There was 1.75 lbs of beef, not 1.3 as I expected so I doubled the vegetables and worcestershire sauce to go with the extra meat but left the rice at a single recipe. It is probably the best batch I've ever made.

Dee: the recipe is simple. Start 3/4 cup of rice in 2 cup of water cooking. While that cooks, in another large pot, saute up 1 lb of meat and a good sized onion, diced. When it is no longer pink add 1 large tin of diced tomatoes and one tin of cut green beans. Season with 4 good shakes of Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper. My aunt (who gave me the recipe) used to add curry because she was born in India. When the rice is done, add it to the meat and veggies, bring it up to a light boil and serve. It's better on day 2, although it was pretty darn good today.

This freezes really well and I get about 6 x 8oz servings from each pound of meat. I freeze them up and have them for lunch.

The dishwasher is running now. I've got some tea so I'm going to get back to work on the expenses. If I can finish them before dinner, that leaves the evening to finish my service for tomorrow (no more than an hour's work required.)

LadyM: re: the Amazing Race - I'm not sure it is the best way to teach geography. The geography component isn't worth putting up with the out-gaming others vs relationship squabbles, vs physical exhaustion of the contestants. You are seldom seeing contestants at their best, dealing with other cultures in anything other than the usual Ugly American way. There must be a better choice out there. That said, it is really entertaining but I think I enjoyed it because I don't treat people from other cultures, especially when I'm in their country, that way, so it made me feel holier than thou.

Return to “Post When You Can”