moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: moving towards summer pwyc Saturday pwyc

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. Sounds very easy & something that DD, dh and I would all like. Hard to tell about dsonil -he's more than 'particular' I'm afraid. I copied it off and have it in my recipe file under soups.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 11, 2019 4:20 pm

What is your sweeper model/name? Harmony? I need to get something that's easier to sweep (sometimes a few times daily in our camper).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 pm

dh heard that I was going to sweep under the bikes and he decided to work on filling their tires and cleaning that corner - I washed the window in the garage which made him happy and we both swept and cleaned out. he even let go of an extra shovel. He is beginning to the feel that the decluttering in his garage makes him feel good.

dh and I ended up working about 2 hours in the garage.

I am starting to see a difference.
He still puts things in piles in the corner so I have to stay on top of those. :shock: ;)
It's drizzling again - it wasn't supposed to 8-)

hello hello
d harmony
d dee
d kathryn
d lady
d lucy
d harriet
d twins
and anyone I can see that came in .
and thinking of everyone that is not here today!
hope today is a blessing to you.

I ordered groceries which I dislike doing because they are so expensive when you shop like this. The mark up all the prices.

Next: go through the fridge and see if there is anything that needs getting out of there.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 11, 2019 4:52 pm

I did not get to experiecnce farmers mkt today, bc it doesnt start till June. I went to a plant sale, and two yard sales.
Had a fun morning I need to replant tomatos, and found planters yea! They were on my list. H. Grilled lunch was off by 11.
I got the yard mowed. YEA!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat May 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Oh boy I'm bushed. It's hot outside and the work out there just zaps my energy.

Dee, my sweeper is a Shark no it's a Bissell 'perfect sweep turbo' 2880 series. We just pick up kitchen crumbs and grass and dirt we drag in on our shoes, and it gets some of the sand but not all. It has a beater bar brush which turns and a little plastic cup to empty. It has no suction (vacuum) and if you've ever used a fuller brush little sweeper, it's kinda like that except it has a battery inside and after a few uses the battery will slow and stop. We just plug it in at the base and then the outlet and charge it overnight.

This model has 2 little round brushes which get the edges & corners, but they're turning via belts which look like black giant rubber bands. These worked for just a little while and DH tried to fix but they never turned again. They turn like little pinwheels if they work. He finally just took the bands off. It's not great but beats getting out a broom and dustpan. It'll pick up stuff off the top if a carpet but doesn't get down in the pile.

I think DH bought it at BB&B (my Christmas present one year :roll: ).

I'm glad I don't have to mess with currency changes. That'd be a huge learning curve for me! Not doing a whole lot of that work this year, things are slow... and I did April's spreadsheet yesterday and it was only half of one sheet (expenses). And just 1 deposit for that sheet. I'm sure enjoying my time off!

DH used to do his ledgers at the end of the year (like Kathryn) and when I came along I helped him. Yeah...as soon as I took over that system went bye-bye. Monthly is much easier, everything is easier to remember if there's a question and things are easier to look up. I can't wait till there's none of this to do ever again.

Got all the things done I listed...porches blown off and I washed 2 of the outside chairs. Last LOL hung up; I mopped the kitchen. Put the iron and board away (not like I was going to use it). Too tired to do any more.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 11, 2019 7:30 pm

After I wrote my earlier post dh and I were sitting outside and I told him I wasn't in a very good mood AT ALL, and explained how I felt about going to the brewery. Dd and her bf got here a few minutes later. We went. It was crowded to the point that we got the last 3 bar stools at a very crowded table. Lots of huge tables with a row of bar stools going down either side. We ordered 5 different dishes to share between the 3 of us. Food was hot and good. The Caesar salad is worth going back for. The mac and cheese was a very tiny dish and over priced. Dd and bf loved it. I make better meat balls, so I let them finish them and gave dd 3/4 of the ball I had on my plate. Pot stickers had way too much ginger for me, but dd loved them. Although I don't drink beer, I was convinced that I should have a sip of a couple of them. hmmmm.... wine flavoured beer. Odd, but surprisingly okay. The strawberry beer was better than the reisling beer.

Actually had a better day than I thought, because dd has been taking medication lately and, as dh says, she isn't as confrontational as she used to be. She says it has really helped with getting things done and sorting out stuff and staying focused.

After they left dh and I went shopping. Came home and had a late supper. He had hot dogs and cucumber chunks. I just had a small piece of a pineapple upside down cake that I bought earlier today. It was almost too sweet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 11, 2019 8:32 pm

I napped then got a shower. Got my hair dry and I feel better now.
We had dinner planned left - overs.

86* here hot and stuffy glad I mowed earlier before it was this hot.

Sun. Is going down in a few. I got all but on of my new plants in a container yea! It has cooled off.
Had shade so I watered the back with a good soak usung the sprinkler.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 11, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 pm

I think the church service is finished.

I got to a break point with the expenses and I think I don't have any more question for dh. Then I printed off the sermon and prayers and worked on them at the pub over dinner.

We took a longer walk home to walk off dinner since dh has an early bedtime (his taxi leaves at 4.)

I've worked on the service since getting home.

I need to email dd about plans for tomorrow. Then proof-read the service and print it off. And make note of what time I need to be at the church and other useful things.

I'm really not ready. But first I'm going to brush my teeth and change into my pjs so I wont disturb dh when I come to bed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Ok, now I'm fully ready for bed.

The service is proofed, printed and loaded in my preaching binder. I've printed off 5 activity sheets in case there are children this week. I've put my invoice in the binder as well. I've written down the phone numbers of my contacts, have noted the time of service and time someone will be there, and gone over the map. Dh and I sing in this village at least once a year, so I know my way to the community hall and the church is a bit beyond that. I've checked it out on Google Street View. And checked how long it will take to get there.

So I guess I'm done and can let my mind relax.

Google says 40 minutes so I need to be out the door at 8:50. That means up around 6:30 if I want to have a relaxed morning. That's more than 8 hours from now. So I should have a good night.

Return to “Post When You Can”