Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:56 am

Happy Mother's day - a sweet simple Mother's day to you all! You are all the kindest and wisest woman and I am lucky to know you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:59 am

today is a combination day.
Besides calling my d mom, I am celebrating the sweet women i loved who are having heavenly mothers day.

I personally don't like the attention but I do love when the 4 of us, in our family, can talk together. Yesterday dd younger face-timed, with dh, dd older and myself for over an hour. It was so much fun!

hope you have a lovely day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 12, 2019 7:16 am

Happy Mother's Day!!

We are going to see dh's mom at some point this morning. I don't know how long we will be there. As far as I know we are picking up a gift certificate for her to buy dirt with. She loves to garden and she loves to put down lot's of new, expensive dirt every year. No idea about what we will be eating or when.

It's raining here now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 12, 2019 7:35 am

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers, and those with memories of grief and loss, hugs and sympathy.

I eventually connected with my DM for a short time after many engaged signel attempts. I'll try to have a longer phone 'visit' on a less busy day.

DD and DSIL arrived just as DM was hanging up.
Cloudy and cool today.
DD has a neck/ arm problem and has had a week off. I doubt she is fit for work tomorrow.
We ate at a local cafe. Good meals that suited each, good time for talking.
Fortunately it wasn't too crowded as the noise makes it hard to hear when lots of people are talking at once.

We had a drive around town, visiting old and changed places. Then home for non twisting bodies around conversation before they went home, rests were in order.

Other dd rang when day was done and I was awake. I'd taken my mobile to bed with me so there was no rushing when she rang.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 12, 2019 9:06 am

thinking of Kathryn this morning - hope she will have a confident trip and meaningful experience at a new church.

Lynlee, happy you finally got the phone situation straightened out and could talk to your dm.

My present from dd20 is started. She will take all my church responsibilities today so that I can leisurely visit another church in our area and hear the Mother's Day message from a preacher I've been wanting to hear for years.
lucylee
, this is the lady who is a senior pastor in the SBC. The church has been SB since its founding and still is; has been CBF since CBF was founded. So it has the dual association.

Dsecondsisil can't come with dsecondmil to see us today. She's just been laid off from her position in our giant energy company for whom she's worked for decades. She was too close to retirement and benefits, so she's gone. I don't think I'm saying anything out of turn by putting it that way, since these are large lay-offs and the news reports say it that way. She has a sudden offer of a job at a similar company IF she can move right now, so Mother's Day visits are off the table for her.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 12, 2019 9:19 am

Happy Mothers Day.

I am almost ready for church. My hair is in hot rollers so I'm letting them cool while I'm finishing the Oatmeal Jar and my first cup of water for the day.

I've refilled DS10 vitamin containers which prompted me to order magnesium. It should arrive on Tuesday. A-river has really stepped up their delivery time. Even though we are a rural area the ordered items are arriving in 1 or 2 days without paying extra.

I have 10 hours planned on paper for today. DD is attending church with us today. That is the best Mothers Day gift I could receive.

The project for the day is to continue with DGD7 bedroom. I want to get rid of the furniture that was removed from her bedroom. There is a pink & white painted dresser, a play kitchen, and a nightstand. I think I will do it the simplest way by putting these items by the road with a free sign and post a "curb alert" on local FB group.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 12, 2019 10:50 am

Ddog got me up at 6 so I did not sleep in this morning. She had to bark at the paper delivery person.
Had breakfast.
Going to walk the dog on a few min. Before it gets too hot.
Local cafe' foid to go eaten at a park my pick for today.
Playing in the dirt with more planting as well at some point.
:idea:
I have been assembling a gift bag of items for dgd graduation gift. Got some inspiration from her registry on Amazon. She used the one for bride & said just skip that part bc they did ot have one for graduates! Planner and school supplies were on it for collage! :mrgreen: I got a global travel bag yesterday barely used and put some things in it, rounded up new note book, dot grid planner new, and some other items I had here also new. Got the card out so we can get that ready. I want to get a couple other Items in it and hubby has cash set aside for the card. Feeling productive this was fun! We do not do Amazon but I was happy to know some things she wanted for ideas. Some knitted & crochet items in her collage school colors as well are in the bag that dil had suggested last fall have been in the works. This bag is full already, lol!

When h got up he said he found a small tick on the dog. Dog bath done. This is not what I had planned for today. :lol:
Waving to all wishing you all a happy mom's day.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 12, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks Harriet!

Easy drive but I forgot all my store returns so won't be efficient with those.

Service went well but was short because there are so few people. Things like offering take no time at all when there are only 12 people.

I am at lunch now in the town where Senior friend is in the hospital. I'm off there next, then home to work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:45 pm

hello everyone.

can you believe I have the fireplace on - the dog and one of the cats is cozying up near it. I never thought I would have the fireplace on mid may. it was 39 when I got up but now its 46 and cloudy. I usually do pretty well at these temps but I am tired and taking time off. :D

dd older took me for coffee and we went for a drive. spoke to dd younger, d (happy) mom and dd older on a group call. mom was funny. love grandma mode.

dishes are washing themselves.

hello d kathyrn. Service here was small as well.
hello d nancy enjoy your walk! so excited for your dgd and getting read to graduate.
hello d lady interesting that your d son takes magnesium - they had dd younger on that after every concussion.
how wonderful that you dd is going to church. what a lovely present.
hello d harriet - what a lovely thoughtful gift!!! Oh, I am so sorry your d sil's mom got laid off. so hard. praying for her to find answers.
hello d lynlee glad you were able to connect with your dm. praying that your dd's neck and arm problem go away.
hello d cathy enjoy your time out of the house this morning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Going to post here quickly. Asking for prayers for me. I'm in the hospital since 10:30 last night. Someone can move to J&C if you want. Apparently another heart attack. Getting echo later & heart catch tomorrow. Dd is here. Dh is feeling bad he's not.

3:30 eastern
I've left this post alone so as not to lose any info, but reposted the contents into J and C.
Harriet

Return to “Post When You Can”