Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm

LadyM: if you have a local Facebook group, maybe post a picture of the things by the road to that.

My senior friend was looking brighter and should be going home tomorrow. Her son and dil were visiting so I didn't stay long.

I've been working on the books this afternoon but keep getting knocked off task and returning to task takes 30 - 60 minutes. This is not good. I spent time chatting with dh over Skype and then dd called before I made it back to work. I then had dinner and watched a documentary (Knocking Down the House - very good.) At 8 I got back to work but am obviously off-task again.

On the other hand, the Paypal accounts are now reconciled and the expenses are, I think, finalized and ready to be entered.

Dang! I just remembered I haven't done the tax on the Uber rides.

Dh remembered to email me his receipt for this morning's ride so I can file it away, properly annotated for next year.

Dh left at 4:20 a.m. and travel went well so he was in Miami by lunch time. His hotel room wasn't ready, then the fire alarms went off so he was late getting into a room. On the plus side, he could work in the breakfast area and had internet. He is out for dinner with two business contacts. One of them, G woke up this morning in Spain at 6 a.m. with his wife saying, "Wasn't your flight at 6:20?!?!" G completely missed his alarm which made dh feel less ridiculous for waking up through the night worried he'd miss his 3:50 alarm. The mistake will cost G the embarrassment of adding $1500 to his trip expense report (he works for a large corp so should have it covered and not have to pay himself) but was only delayed getting into Miami by 2 hours since the rerouting was better than his original flights.

I'm tired so will try and push through the Uber tax thing and then head to bed. But first I need a glass of water.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 12, 2019 10:22 pm

2 of the 3 pieces of furniture removed from DGD7 bedroom have been given away. The remaining piece is a plastic play kitchen. If it hasn't been picked up by tomorrow night then I'll post it to FB local group.

The CC charges just keep getting weirder. I just got notified of a $86 online charge made at Sam's. When I checked into it the charge was legit. I did a self-scan when DGS22 and I were at Sam's on Friday. The digital receipt I have shows the amount is right. But it boggles my mind that the charge didn't hit until tonight.

I checked my activity on the CC and it shows all these charges as pending. There are 10 legit charges made since last Thursday that are in pending mode. Weird. I'm just going to monitor it and see what happens.

Kids are in bed.
Tomorrow is planned on paper

Sending thoughts and prayers to (((Dee))) in the hospital.

Sweet Dreams to all
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 12, 2019 10:50 pm

The expenses are finished (again!) but I'll do the entry of the totals tomorrow so I'm less likely to make another mistake.

Now, I'm getting to the part of the process where checking things off the list happens fairly quickly. At this time, I'm quite sure I'll easily make the deadline (Wednesday by 9:30 a.m.)

I'm posting this tiny progress since I'm here to look for an update on Dee.

Blessed I'm sorry your weather is a depressing as mine was up until last weekend. We have actually had a pretty good week and I really feel the difference in myself. My optimism is slowly returning and I don't feel like I'm been pushed down all the time. I hope your weather breaks soon so that you can have a bit of relief from this depression.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 12, 2019 11:35 pm

Despite dh feeling so bad today, and his worries that he had ruined Mother's Day for me, I had a really nice day.
Went to church with dmom and ds, ddil, dgrands... we ate at a semi-fast food place afterwards (dmom had said restaurants would be a madhouse, so we just went inside to eat at local fried chicken place, a chain, but not KFC.) She liked her gift very much, and later this afternoon, she came to my house and brought a homemade strawberry cake for ddil and me to share.
I really enjoyed church with her -- their preacher is so good, and he and his wife are both just wonderful people. DDIL agreed -- she told dh later it was too bad he was a B aptist! Amen to that... :roll:

DGD was supposed to spend the night tonight, but since dh feels so terrible, I asked ddil to just bring her over in the morning. I'll have to set my alarm for 8:00 a.m., but if she spent the night, dgd would probably wake me up by then anyway, and this way, I don't have to worry about whether she go to sleep easily or not.

Ugh... hard to get back on the (routine) wagon.
After coming in around 4:00 a.m., we slept pretty much all day long yesterday.
Tomorrow, back to "normal."
I have to go get my allergy shots refilled tomorrow -- that's a 45-min trip each way.
Tuesday, haircut.
Wednesday, maybe, I need to color my hair... because...
Saturday is my class reunion. FORTY YEARS. I have no idea how that is possible!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am

feel better to your sweet dh!! d lucy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:13 am

I decided I was hogging the beginning of our day - so I am sitting back and looking forward to the beginning of Monday with another joyous person's opening!

today May be Monday, but for me : it is a slow beginning Monday and not my usual woo hoo, rah rah, rah loving Monday beginning.
I slept almost all afternoon yesterday and was cold. have no idea why. I just felt weak - weird. I had a sinus headache all last night and woke with it - I knew something was going on. Also my body (and dh's body) hurt all day yesterday - lol the garage got to us! :lol: 8-) :D

I am giving up my home blessing today as I want to finish my zones early this week and work on the garden - if my head lets me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”