Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Happy Mother's day Sunday - sweet Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Oh my goodness Dee. Prayers for you going up right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 pm

(((Dee))) praying.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Oh no Dee!!!! Sending hugs and prayers..
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Home from church, lunch with DFriends at our favorite place, and visiting at DMom's home.

DMom is doing as well as can be with her physical challenges. DH and I decided to give our DMom's cash for Mothers Day. Both of our DMom's love to shop so this is a two-factor gift. They get to shop and they get something they want. We provide transportation, time and money to make their shopping happen. DMom said she wanted a new pair of SAS shoes so we will do that on Friday when I take her to her doctor appointment. DH took his DMom and DAunt out yesterday for Mothers Day.

We are finally getting some sunshine instead of constantly cloudy & rain. My spirits are lifted when the sun is shining.

I ate too much at lunch. I had a 5oz portion of protein according to the menu but it feels like more in my stomach.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 12, 2019 4:48 pm

We went out for brunch with our kids for a nice brunch and I might nap a little now. I had Eggs benedict with roasted asparagus - didn't eat all the muffin, ate only enough to soak up the egg. Dh has gone out for a bit.

I need to go see dmom later, and we may go to a funeral visitation for a few minutes - a cousin of my father's passed away. His daughter and I are the same age and spent time together growing up, too.

-------------------

Posting much later. I've been to see dmom and we'll go to the funeral home for a quick visit in a minute.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Dee is on my mind as is daughter J, plus Mr. DeeClutter! So glad Dee sent us the post and info. Brighter minds than mine might have managed the post-merge but what if I did a good job only to have someone miss what she said - not worth it.

The morning at church was super encouraging for me. First, because the service was lovely - it's a large church and there was a children's choir who did a sweet song, plus musicians who did so well, many people participating in the service in various ways. The Associate Minister seemed to aim her pastoral prayer at me. The Senior Minister gave a remarkable message on Psalm 23.

But best of all, things just worked out somehow and I was able to connect with each of the two afterward, and have a relaxed time to talk with each. I'm sure it was unusual that we could, since they have so much going on otherwise, but the time just seemed to open up for us. The church is quite inspiring in that no one seems to think it's a particularly big deal that they called women to both these positions. I looked around at all the men and thought about their genuineness.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 12, 2019 5:14 pm

It's SOOOOOO nice to be home. Highways were awful. Volume plus rain plus husband who hates driving to the city his mom lives in.

We bought her 3 hanging plants plus a gift card for dirt. We also had 2 cards for her.

Dd actually made me a card for Mother's Day this year. Most years I don't get one. I also got a card from dh.

We ordered in 2 pizzas at MIL's and stopped for samosas on the way home. In Brampton they are 33 cents each where we go. Close to here they are $3 each and not as good.

Sorry to hear about Dee. :(
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Praying for Dee.

We are back from dining out. I am considering a nap.
Put anti tick stuff on the ddog.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Weird. I had a couple of charges hit our CC in the last hour. Both of the charges were from Amazon. I have things on order and they have already hit the CC and will be delivered tomorrow and Tuesday. This is the normal way things are done...... I order something, they charge the CC, then it is delivered.

When I called Ariver to question the charges they research them and found they were for items delivered last Friday. I checked to make sure it wasn't double charged. Nope. They delivered the items before charging the CC. I ordered these 3 items on Thursday, they were delivered to me on Friday and then the CC was charged on Sunday. Weird!

I have the furniture sitting by the road with FREE signs on them. Our road isn't well traveled so it might take a while. We typically get just a few cars that go by in an hour.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Nap was good.

Got the beds in back watered and repotted other plants that needed it. That freed up two more containers I am considering a bird bath in one,
the other not sure what will go in it yet. Fun stuff. :mrgreen:

Ddog had three ticks ack, got them off her. She was good I was pleased that she was so good. .
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”