Monday Machine Count

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Machine Count

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 13, 2019 1:57 pm

bw2, I am so glad you aren't cranky anymore! I hope you're enjoying your day!

and Harriet said....
My optimism since talking with the two clergywomen yesterday has been off the charts.
and of course, I love this!

I'm having a hard time getting started on anything since I got home. I need to finish a.m. routine too. After the funeral I went to Whole Foods looking for chickpea bread crumbs - I have some here at home but not enough for the chicken tonight. WF didn't have them but Earth Fare did.

I'm chasing a DNA match right now. The only place my family intersects with this one is in Hawkins Co TN.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi everyone! I survived the weekend! Friday, I skipped dance class in favor of urgent care for my cough and am doing better. The potentially problematic animal org people skipped volunteering at the cat show Sunday.

<skippable rant>
The drama isn't over yet, because he wants to talk to the board. I support him on this, because members of the org and members of the public do have a right to attend and speak at our board meetings. He has valid points he wants to address, but nothing is going to be accomplished if he comes in and just yells at the board for a while. He can sound delusional sometimes and many of his statements call his credibility in question. I tried to tell him to tone it down, but he didn't want to be "fake" and says he was trained in confrontational management. I don't know if confrontational management works in general, but it won't work if you are not a manager! When he was VP, he expected to have the ultimate say-so in everything based on this "confrontational management" style, but (1) VP does not have ultimate (or any) authority to start handing out orders and walking papers to volunteers (2) the org has no intention of hiring or using a confrontational manager, assuming such a thing even exists. I tried to explain that by calling the leader of another org a malignant sociopath, it undermines his credibility more than it affects hers. It also does not matter a hill of beans that his father and sister are psychiatrists, it does not give his diagnosis any credibility. I hope I convinced him to stick to facts by presenting that as a very sneaky way to get what he wants. I asked him why he wanted to detonate a nuclear warhead when a little poison in the drinking water would do. These are, of course, metaphors, not real actions. The warhead is yelling at the board. The poison is a "sneaky, ninja-like" needling with facts from which the board would be able to come to its own conclusions. I mentioned that if people came to the conclusions on their own, they are much more likely to act on them. He can stick to reporting the documented acts of other people and observations on that person's interactions with potential and existing adopters and fosters. He likes to be thought of as a sneaky ninja type. However, he also wants recognition, but if you go about things his way, no one knows what you have done to recognize it! The thing he wants changed is to get the intake committee to approve more street cat intakes. A perfectly valid, desirable, and achievable goal that will not be accomplished by accusing the board of being obstructionists out to get him personally. (Note: It is true that one member hates him and would reject anything he asked for. The other two pretty much follow her lead. However, pointing that out would not be as effective as appealing to our common goal of getting cats off the streets.)
</skippable rant>

Well, that was a long rant. I went back and added "skippable" to it. Because I was called in for the potential Sunday drama, I missed church. I would have missed Sunday School except that it was a going away party for one of our long term attendees. DD17 did homework all weekend. This afternoon, I need to buy and add transmission fluid and make a DPC. I have so many payroll projects, I spent the morning organizing and consolidating my intermingled notes.

Tonight, I must check to make sure a payment was received, do some LOLs, get a document hole punched and into a notebook, and set up a roast pork for cooking in the crockpot tomorrow. I think I will divide it in half. I've had two annoying harassing calls from Canadian/US Pharmacy. It is almost always the same guy calling. Today he ended with call with "bye, baby".

In our machine count, I can add my computer. But does that count as one, or do I also count the servers I get data from?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Elizabeth: I'd count it as one. It gets too complicated if we go beyond our own keyboards (or break the computer down to components, since I use a computer with external keyboard and monitor!)

I'm up to 15 having added vacuum, microwave and toaster oven.

The bedroom is now almost perfect. On duvet cover wasn't quite dry so that's resting over the laundry basket on the bed. It is so dry in there, the cover will dry in a few hours. Everything else is folded and ready to be stacked in order and put away. My bed linens are stacked in the order I use them; pillow cases on the bottom, duvet covers, fitted sheet. That way I pull out the stack, put it on the hamper and take each item in the order I need it.

The bedroom feels larger and lighter now that it is tidied, dusted and vacuumed. It was getting out of control and it affects the feel of the room. I also put the summer linens on the bed (summer-weight duvet for me, nothing in the duvet cover for dh because of the weighted blanket, plus a white sheet to cover up the duvets, and a new African print as a strip of colour across the bottom of the bed.)

I will be doing way more than 2 loads of laundry, since the duvet, mattress pad, cover blanket and African textile make up 3 loads to do along with the sheets, which are done now. I can hear the duvet in final spin now.

The rest of the bedroom wing is dusted and vacuumed and I cleaned my bathroom. Both bathroom floors are waiting for me to get to the damp-mop floors part of the day.

While my lunch was cooking, I washed up yesterday's dishes which I had put into soak in soapy water last night. So that just took a few minutes. I still have a lot of dishes to do from today but I'm tempted to start the dishwasher for those so I can run the dishwasher on Wednesday morning and save myself having to wash up dishes on my way out the door.

The vacuum has been moved to the living room so I'll do that area of the apartment next, or maybe the kitchen floor so I can get the damp mopping out of the way and truly consider the bedroom wing finished.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:39 pm

waving to all of you!
I ran (well the car - ran) over to get starbucks and I am happy I did - because I just am. 8-)

hello hello!

I have to go back to work before I get tired.
next zone work: work on kitchen and maybe (maybe) get to home blessing on first floor.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Elizabeth - You have my admiration for handling the animal org drama in the best way.

The yearly hanging of disposable fly traps has been accomplished. We have many head of cattle on two sides of our yard which means the abundance of flies are a fact of life. I have discovered if I hang multiple fly traps at the edge of the yard that the flies are drawn to the traps and they greatly reduce the number of flies that in the house. We still have an abundance of flies but it is about 10% of what it was before I learned how effective the fly traps are.

I'm going to take an hour break with my feet up. I'll pick up DGD7 from school in 1.5 hours.

I'm taking DS10 to his 4H banquet tonight. I've been told DS10 is getting an award. DS10 has requested to not participate in 4H anymore after this year. He had participated in 4H for 2 years but he doesn't want to continue. I'm okay with that. My goal is to expose him to as much variety of extracurriculars as possible and let him decide if it is something that sparks his interest.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

I am having a gr8 Monday! I slept in so getting a late start. Got the washer & dryer goi g right away when I got up.
Groc. Store run done. And stuff put away in the fridge and freezer.
I have a chicken cooking on the deck in the crock pot yea me.
Use the soda fountian machine on the way home self serve spilled mo st of it so the floor has been cleaned up. Less soda is probably a good thing.
I am excited I got a couple more school supply items for dgd grad gift she wanted yea for process, ever sharp type pencils, and a small planner for her.
Lunch is over microwaved the mini bagel, to go with it cr. Cheese & avacado dip.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 13, 2019 3:59 pm

So much for my plan to put my feet up. Instead I went outside to water the container plants.....which lead me to then brush the swim pool.....which lead me to test the pool water (still too high in chlorine).....which lead me to test the plant water. Eeek! The plant water is over 8. Way too high. How do I lower it? I'm researching and looking at sulfur but now I'm wondering if I hit it with a dose of pure nitrogen fertilizer if that would lower the ph. Hum.....I think another experiment is about to happen. The thing about being so clueless....I have no idea which of my ideas are pure nonsense or have a spark of brilliance.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm

I finally got started on the genealogy work I had planned to do but set the clock for 4 p.m. - now I need to finish a.m. routine and do a few things around here. I'll work until 4:45 here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Visit from HRH's mother and brother was nice. But they came an hour earlier than expected, meeting HRH as he returned from his appt. So that extreme delay of his breakfast continued while they were here, since his mother kept insisting she didn't want him to buy/give her lunch as he had suggested yesterday, so that's why they were early. Dbil just keeps his mouth shut - he knows we know he didn't do any of it! lol. So they didn't have lunch with us and by the time they left HRH was starving.

Dd and I went out to buy the specialty gift card suggested as a gift for one of the grandboys. It needs to be in the mail today, but our own mail (with the other half of the present) hasn't run yet. I'm just using the gift card as a bookmark in the book he wanted, and stuffing socks into (hopefully) the same box/mailer in which it arrives. Hoping for a quick turnaround. The socks are character ones on sale at the gaming store where we found the card.

Harmony used a couple machines already that I was going to mention. i agree stapler is a machine. If scissors are also a machine, I've used that one today! I have used my water heater :idea: And the battery fell out of my remote mouse, so life was frustrating until I could retrieve that from under furniture and get the mouse working again - need to keep that little machine together, for sure.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Well my morning took a detour this morning. My two comforters needed some mending so I put my needle and thread to work for several hours. Then I needed my iron to finish things off.

Still have a laundry basket of clothes to fold and put away. Still want to get a swim in if possible after I get what I need done.

Just took my break and finished my lunch. Need to get more water down as well.

Waving to y’all... back to work :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”