Monday Machine Count

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Machine Count

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Dinner is over. The laundry that can be put away, is put away.

I'm really shocked at my low number of machines. I really expected it to be higher. Not going out in the car or by bus, not shopping (not automatic doors, or cash registers), helped lower the numbers.

I'm exhausted but still should work on the books. On the other hand, I'm tired so going to bed early might be better than working at my screen and then being unable to get to sleep. That leaves them all for tomorrow plus a few other tasks before I leave. Still, I think I will risk it.

So my computer is turned off now for the day. I still haven't drawn out my weekly spread in my bullet journal so I will do that so I have a place to make notes with regards to packing tomorrow and make sure I'm not leaving anything important (like emptying our garage parking spot for the cleaning.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Used the Instant Pot for supper. i'm just trying to think of some machines others might not have thought of or used. I hear the hum of the aerator that keeps the aquarium nice. While listening, two others occur to me : ceiling fan and air conditioning unit. Oh, the thermostat on the wall is in use, isn't it? Where would I be without my watch, my closest machine. My nighttime sound machine awaits me, set on "ocean".

Interaction with community machines : I "used" a space in a delivery vehicle for my purposes today, although I didn't operate it. Putting trash in the cans today on the promise of "our" trash truck and its hydraulics.

Totally opposite from the machine realm :) we had a flyaway of 3 baby bluebirds from their nest in the birdhouse HRH's former assistant and his wife made for us. For the first few years, it had been a bust. No bird renters even though the couple had been careful to use all the correct measurements for bluebirds. So dstepson and HRH had the (I thought awful) idea of making the hole bigger, partially ruining the pretty painted design. Sigh. They made it WAY too big - twice what it "should" be, but this year, surprisingly, a bluebird couple decided it suited them fine. Both bright blue Daddy and more muted Mama flitted and twittered all around the babys' grand exits. The noise made us think at first a predator was after them.

It was a Joy to message former asst and his wife that babies had grown up just fine in their gift. They each have some health concerns right now, so how cool to share about the "fruits" of their previous woodworking.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 am

I meant to say earlier, I’m sorry about your dh’s aunt, Kathryn, and I hope all the travel works out well.

I keep checking to see if there’s news from Dee...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”