Monday Machine Count

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Monday Machine Count

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am

How many machines will you put to use in your work today?

For the purposes of today's PWYC, machine refers to anything manufactured that helps you with a task.

I have no idea how many I'll use but already I've used:

Water pump (I flushed the toilet.)
Toilet (I just realized!)
Computer to do an emergency email to dh
Smart phone to wake up mentally
Radio to wake up physically
Kettle to make my tea.

That's a half dozen and I haven't really done anything yet today.

I'm going to guess that my number will be around 100 by the end of the day.

This idea may fizzle out because we may end up spending too much time counting machines!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Machine Count

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 am

My goals for the day:

1. finish the books so I'm ready for Wednesday morning. I have about 4 hours of work left. Maybe a bit less if I don't mess up.

2. Weekly houseblessing because it can't wait anymore (skipped last week to work on my church service and the books.)

3. Fresh sheets on the bed.

4. 1 or 2 loads of laundry

5. Book my emergency trip to Toronto

6. Book dh's emergency trip to Toronto

7. Rework my week to fit in the emergency trip to Toronto.

Dh's aunt died yesterday with her children and one grand child by her side, singing Taps. They are hoping for a funeral on Thursday. Dh's conference ends on Wednesday but the latest flight leaving that day is 4:15 and the earliest the next day doesn't arrive until noon. Neither are direct (which introduces the likelihood of missed flights due to weather and is nuts since dh had to fly to Toronto in order to get to Miami in the first place, but the only direct flight is mid-day which doesn't work at all unless the funeral is put off until Friday.)

There will be a graveside in Winnipeg in the summer so it is more logical to wait for that (we'll probably go no matter what we decide about the funeral.) But one of the daughters is dh's favourite cousin so I'm still working on getting him to her even if it means missing the funeral.

I can drive down after my dental appointment on Wednesday and still get there before dark (I hope, since driving after dark is difficult for me even when I know where I'm going, as opposed to Canada's largest city) so I'll miss any evening visitation but I'll be there for the funeral. And I won't miss my accountant's meeting or the dentist. I'll even have time between to two appointments to do the store returns I didn't do yesterday so Wednesday is looking like a crazy efficient day!

Edited to add: #7 is done (this was one of those weeks where there was nothing in the last half because the first was crazy busy.)

I sent dh flight options and he's in touch with his cousin who has asked for his arrival time so it looks like they are working around him if possible. His flight home was due to land in Toronto at 3:30 so Friday would be best or just have dh come to a family dinner after the funeral. That way we don't have to walk away from one ticket and buy another last minute flight, all to save 3 hours.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 am

I am continuing to feel more energetic myself as spring has broken here. We've had some periods of rain but generally my energy has been great. After a winter of pain and low energy, I'm feeling myself again.

I again woke up before the alarm, although I didn't get up until it went off. I have a funeral at 11 - a first cousin of my father at the Nat'l cemetery here. It's usually a short service there, altho not guaranteed, and they have the service at a pavillion rather than graveside, so I probably won't stay for the interment after. (The cemetery personnel do that, then let the family, who has been waiting at the pavillion, know, so they can visit the grave if wanted.)

Dh will be home for dinner - his bowling has moved to Tuesday night for the summer - but the golf tournament he was to play in today was cancelled yesterday because of the rain this weekend. (Today is gorgeous now, but the cart paths are too wet to allow for traffic today when the course is usually closed.)

I need to get on with a.m. routine...later today I'm continuing on this excel worksheet of 1880 families that I'm researching.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am

In explanation, Kathryn had started before me, then I started and posted the above as "Joyous and Optimistic Monday."

I've copied that start over here for the benefit of any who might also want to celebrate Monday with me!

-------------
I'm quoting from bw2 and Kathryn's thoughts last night. Spring is coming slow this year to the north and both of the two need an extra boost these days!

Kathryn said:
My optimism is slowly returning and I don't feel like I'm been pushed down all the time. I hope your weather breaks soon so that you can have a bit of relief from this depression.

and bw2:
so I am sitting back and looking forward to the beginning of Monday with another joyous person's opening!

And we are continuing to check into the virtual waiting room with healing thoughts for our Dee. (Setting out fruity water, fresh coffee, virtual pastries and fresh fruit for healthy snacks!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am

I optimistically posted and now find I had taken a punt on the deleted thread.
What can I say? I was optimistic about which thread was posted first, and my post being merged to the triumphant thread..

Machines have won, it would seem.

I must to bed. I have lingered here typing long enough.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 13, 2019 9:25 am

LOL! Great minds thinking alike indeed! It all looked so simple when I showed up! :D

Lynlee, I've looked all under my computer, and your post didn't land here. I know that you will grace us with much more brilliance on other days. I guess the topic was deleted and then you posted into cyber-vacuum. Hmmm... ..

blessed, I didn't notice you starting all that many. If you're up, you're up. I used to be up so early when dd was still in high school.

I can add to the machine list an alarm clock since HRH had an early blood draw appt.

Dee, you are much too interesting a person to be stuck in a boring old hospital today. Ace your test and take early dismissal?
We hope so!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 am

sweet dreams d lynlee!!!

d twins I will take that beautiful breakfast you set out!

glad the sunshine is helping you with optimism d kathryn!
I am sorry to hear of your dh's aunt passing!

Wishing you all a great day! and sweet lynlee a restful sleep!

Good morning d harriet! Wishing the results, of your dh's blood draw to be exactly where you and your dr. want them to be!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 am

my brother stopped by on his way back home (around 7:30 am). He took our insurance stuff and we talked for a bit. headache was at the top so I had to go back in the house. It takes him 2 hours to get home.

I am a bit mad that I have a headache as it is a beautiful day outside. I usually don't complain but boy being older is not for the young 8-)

I am listening to classical music - to slowly get into the day. I also am taking d twins offer for pastries and fresh cut fruit. What a nice way to start the day.

Time for getting dressed, meds and moving forward ;) 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 am

Add telephone to the machine list. That makes 7.

Found a hotel, had to confirm parking and breakfast is included. It is a no-brainer to take this hotel, location is decent, looks good, we get points (but don't have enough to pay for the room.)

I even remembered that this weekend is the first long weekend of the summer, therefore to get out of Canada's largest city will require us to leave by 10 in the morning, otherwise face a 2 - 3 hour sit in traffic. I opted to add a day to the hotel so dh can visit with his cousins or we can help with first pass of cleaning out the house (fridge, putting away medical stuff) if that's what they are up to.

Went to make the reservation and have to cancel by today to not be charged for the room, no matter what rate I take. Therefore, I'll put off making the reservation (dangerous since 'rooms are running out' but I'm not about to do this without checking with dh first and his needs.)

Now to get dressed and then have breakfast.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am

Oh Lynnlee! So so sorry! I didn't see another post when I started deleting mine or I would have moved it over also! You must have hit that cyber moment when I was deleting and not refreshing! And you were so optimistic too!

Return to “Post When You Can”