Monday Machine Count

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday Machine Count

Postby CathyS » Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 am

1. Toilet.
2. Water pump.
3. Lights. (I was up before 6 and it is overcast here today.)
4. Washing machine (Dh requested I wash his blanket that is on the bed.)
5. Dryer
6. Car (To return an alternator core to one of our parts suppliers)
7. Cell phone (dh called)
8. Computer. Checked emails, FB and here.
9. Stereo
10. Kettle (hot tea)
11. Toaster
12. Roomba
13. Refridgerator (milk for tea)
14. Furnace. It's well below the average temperature for this time of year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 am

Counting the machines seemed easy at first but when I stop and think a moment then I realize just how many machines there are in my life. I love technology and welcome it in all forms. I am surrounded by manufactured items.

DD was here at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. Only 8 days of school left. I have no idea what DD will decide to do with DGD7 then. Will she leave her in a different town (with us) when there is not school attendance involved? Time will tell.

Homeschool is off to a good start today. DS10 is currently working on an English assignment about compound possessive predicates.

DH is at a doctor appointment for diabetic monitoring. It required him to be fasting for a A1C blood draw. I fixed breakfast for everyone this morning before I remembered that DH wouldn't be eating. oops.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 am

Morning y’all...

Not sure what my day will hold. I have several loads of laundry to do. Need to wash my winter downs quilt and put it way which means I need to get my summer one out and get ready to use.

Right now the smoke alarm is chirping but Sweetie is working on it. I start back at the gym with classes beginning at 5:30 so I need to eat dinner earlier in the day.

I should work at my desk, but I have the Idontwannas. Know if I use just the 15 minute method that should get me in gear.

Didn’t get my swim in yesterday as a thunderstorm showed up abt the time I had planned to swim. I have a very strong respect for lightning

Off to start my day. After 10 weeks of waiting one of my sunnies has finally produced its long anticipated flower and she’s a beauty. Need to water them. Want to finish my coffee and will be folding laundry while watching Perry. As a side note I love to see the fashions that show up on the show. Very interesting hats so me of the women wear, not to mention gloves... I found three pair of dress gloves in my pine chest the other day....
1 elbow length pair of white
1 mid-arm length pair of white, and pair of the same in black

I washed them and put them in my scarf drawer.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Twins', your joyous optimism thought strikes a chord. My optimism since talking with the two clergywomen yesterday has been off the charts.

I yammered about it to HRH on and on, and told ddil about it yesterday evening when they dropped by. Dsecond bil is bringing HRH's mother today instead, so they will get an earful too, I'm sure.

kindnesses from my kids showed me unique ideas for gifts - all over the place:
Ds brought me an egg-gathering apron. (Nancy knows these - too funny for a woman with only 2 hens!)
Dd39 sent technology for my upcoming online course. (supportive/practical ideas)
Dstepson brought an instrumental musical "card" that plays extended acoustic guitar music
Dd20 gave the house 2 framed originals of her Masters' studies (like, old masters) and 1 cells (like in biology) chalk realism study.
everybody said, "Change your purse!" (I may have used this one until it became slightly ... .. ratty.) so HRH gave me a new Vera Bradley purse (yes, I've already changed out!) He picked blue, which he's learned over time is the way to get me to accept new things.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Congrats on the new purse, Harriet!

My machine count is up to 12 (fridge, lights, fan in bathroom, washer, dryer.)

My bedroom is still a mess so I'll go back in and finish that up before having my lunch.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I just came in to put my machine count up to

15. Microwave (to reheat pizza for dh for lunch) and
16. Chest freezer (to take out meat for supper for tonight and later this week.)

Tonight's supper will be tacos (we still have lettuce and sour cream and part of a cut up tomato to use.)

I am also taking out a pork roast for later this week.

Can't believe it is so cold and it's only a week until Victoria Day holiday next Monday.

I'm still waiting for a tire delivery because now the tire company requires a signature upon delivery from all of it's customers large or small. I stayed home from knitting group this morning and now I have to stay home from the afternoon one. I am stitching in my own library today instead of 2 other ones.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm

oh did I see d harriet had a new purse... wonderful!!! Absolutely awesome that your optimism, after talking to the women, is off the charts!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

just a quick post - I really want to sit and say hi to you all individually but I am on a roll.
headache is temporarily on hold - yay
I am not so cranky about that anymore because I am getting some things done.

I did the upstairs bathroom zones - it is taking less time now that I go back every month.
shower doors descaled, superficial clean of shower bottom,
our tub and shower doors are clean
the handles and shower thingy is clean
top of shower doors cleaned
cleaned bottoms of window sills (inside part when you open the window). washed the windows again on bottom (inside and out).. took little time after that heavy duty clean last month.
washed the wood trim in dh's bathroom
cleaned the toilets and around well.
wiped doors - superficially
sinks are cleaned - superficially
all things put away from the top
garbage removed
swiffer rinsed bathroom floors upstairs.

home blessing upstairs done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Homeschool has gone remarkably smoothly today. DS10 was focused and motivated to get his assignments done.

Machine count today that was in use before I got out of bed.
  1. Kindle
  2. smartphone and charger
  3. security cameras
  4. automatic door lock
  5. fan
  6. central heat/air with automatic temperature control
  7. pool pump with an automatic on/off timer
  8. refrigerator (x2)
  9. chest freezer

I put 7lb of meat in the instant pot this morning. The house smells wonderful. I have the instant pot loaded with potatoes now. I'm not sure what I'm making with them but having the ready-to-eat ingredients makes putting a meal together quick and easy.

DH had a good doctor visit. DH has lost 30+ lbs in the last 2 months and all his test results are in the acceptable range. I am thankful.

The doctor recommended DH to use La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer with SPF 30. Has anyone used this or have any knowledge about it? I ordered some for DH to try but at $10 an ounce, it seems pricey!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm

I love Vera Bradley's things. My current quilted material purse is a Stone Mountain one. I think the one I had before that was V B.

Machines: Do we count phones? (1) calculator (2) lights (3) car (4) clock (5) Coffeepot (6) computer (7) copier (8) and if we count the non-electric gadgets I've used since I got up, it'd be a longer list: commode, stapler, scissors, paper cutter, tape dispenser, etc. etc. We sure are a modern society, aren't we!

I guess if you read the above list you can guess what I've been up to. Desk day, copying papers with some cut-and-taped together, computer to check words in one language to another; trip to store for stuff for lunch (DH and friend are trimming our palm trees outside and I had to get lunch and more drinks - does anyone come to work prepared these days?)

Checked in to see if we heard anything from Dee. She's on my mind a lot.

As far as being optomistic today, well...I woke up with a bunch of grumpiness and I don't know why except that DH keeps interrupting me...take a picture of guys in the tree, dumb stuff, etc. go get lunch; where's the money to pay this guy :roll:

Ok, off to work on my translation again.

Oh, yesterday was really nice. I had calls from DD's and DGSons and talked with DGD who sent me one of those potholders they make on a loom (pretty pastel colors) and I got a card and a gift card. At church I grabbed DH to go to the photo display to get our picture taken together. It will be on their website for us to use and if it turns out well I'll get prints made. We don't have a picture for a good many years.

Went out to lunch at a soup/salad/sandwich place with 4 other people then 2 came along from church and joined us. Nice conversation. Felt like a celebration. All of us were away from kin.

Afternoon we spent putting new headlight in car and 2 new hood lifters (I helped). Begs the question: is there any part of this old car we haven't fixed?

LadyM, haven't used that creme but just recently I bought a little jar of eye cream; not gonna take the wrinkles or bags away, but makes me feel like I'm doing something for the aging face! Just bought a generic and like it, it's very moisturizing but light in texture.

Return to “Post When You Can”