Monday Machine Count

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday Machine Count

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 pm

waving again.. my goal is to work until 4:00/4:30 so I just wanted to give you a hello and give my ta da s

I think I have to do the kitchen zone all during the month for the summer. it seems to get dirty - or maybe it's bc we have sunshine and you can see the dirt :shock: ;)
I was supposed to do this last week but I just couldn't.
today: washed the fronts of the cabinets,
the woodwork under the cabinets
hand washed the floor after vacuuming
checked to windows to see if they need washing again - they don't
washed the outside of the cooler
surface vacuumed the small pantry floor
moved other things to next week.
I honestly don't know how every one keeps their kitchen spotless. I keep it surface clean daily but it seems my cabinets etc. get dirty easily. I vacuum and surface rinse the kitchen daily as well.

what needs to be done in the kitchen for the dailies:
finish emptying the dw of clean dishes (lol I did 1/2)
take the dishes from last night and fill the dw
clean the sink
clean the counters
after making dinner wash the stove top

goal: try to finish the home blessing
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm

My very most important task is complete - transmission fluid purchased and added to my car. I also transferred my satellite radio subscription from the broken radio to the one in my car. Now if I could just get this query done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm

I guess I'm up to 16 since the spin mop is a machine of sorts.

I'm getting tired. And there is something wrong with the vacuum. The head is vibrating. I've cleaned it out (my hair winds around the beater) but it is still doing it so dh will likely have to pull it apart fully (is is a two-step process and I only know the first step.) I will use it on the carpet and then switch to the floor brush for the rest of the living/dining rooms.

The second load of laundry is finished but that's the duvet so I'll hang it up on the drying rack for 24 hours to make sure it is really dry before putting it in the vacuum-sealed bag. Same with the mattress pad which is waiting to go into the dryer at the moment. One more load left and I'll throw it on so I won't have that hanging around for a long time. I just put away the table cloth from 2 weeks ago, so I'm not very good with follow-through.

OK, dust and vacuum and then be done the house-blessing for another week or two (since I'll be gone almost 3.5 days and dh is gone 5 days of the week, I guess I can skip week next - woot!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm

home blessing done in dining room, front hall and stairs
the front room does need work.
now to make dinner
I think I will put the family room and laundry room home blessing tomorrow.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 13, 2019 5:47 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Do I have to tell dh EVERYTHING???
Obviously, yes.
I told him plainly, "Do NOT touch this space," where I had minimized the PWYC screen, with my fairly long post typed in there.
He probably followed that direction, but when it asked, "Close all tabs?" he obviously clicked YES. And there went my post. Splat. :evil: :roll:

Oh well... was it even worth re-typing? Probably not.
Machines --
1. Computer
2. Iphone
3. Refrigerator
4. Truck
5. SUV (I've been in both today)
6. Toilet
7. Shower
8. Sink
9. Washer
10. Dryer
11. Oven
12. Touch-pad at drug store
13. Carwash (dh washed off the truck while I was with him)
14. Refrigerator case at convenience store

There were others that I (or dh) did not actually TOUCH physically, but which affected my day greatly:
-- oven at convenience store, for pizza
-- pill counter (?) at drug store
-- cash registers at various stops
-- slushie machine at McD's
-- hot water heater
-- and * soon to be used * FAX machine at doctor's office

ALERT --
I switched allergy doctors today! Y'all have heard me complain for years now, about how I hate having to drive 45-min each way to the allergy doctor. It's only once every 3 months, basically, but I do absolutely NOTHING in that town except see this doctor. There is one good restaurant over there, but it isn't even open for lunch, so everything about this town is inconvenient.
Today, the nurse said I needed to be re-tested for my allergies -- that it had been SEVEN years since my last time, and they recommend every THREE years.
Well, that would be okay, but she also said she could not promise 8-12 weeks to build up to maintenance, it could be as long as 36 or 42! :shock:
I just told her, I knew this was coming and I had anticipated seeing if I could transfer to dmom's ENT, who is only about 20-30 min away, in Next Town, where we do all our "extra" stuff anyway -- restaurants, movies, etc. She said she absolutely understood and I could just give her a call if that's what I decided to do.
I got in the car and called the other office, and they were soooo nice -- set me up a consultation appt and told me to go ahead and sign consent to send records with the first doctor -- and I went right back in and did that.
I kinda dread getting started with someone new, but I know I need to be re-tested, and I am soooo relieved to be done with that long out-of-the-way drive.

Gotta start supper --
15. Stove
16. Kitchen sink
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Lucylee: excellent job dealing with the transfer of records immediately. You saved yourself another drive!

OK, the cleaning is done and the last load of laundry is ready for the dryer.

I have some things to take down to the car, so I'll do that now while my dinner cooks.

Dh sent the email chain from his sisters. They've organized the flowers so we'll just have to chip in. Two will be there (one with spouse) and the third is in Florida having just arrived so she'll see the family in Winnipeg. Dh will not change flights and simply arrive in the late afternoon. The family lives close to the airport which is a major blessing. At that time of day, dh's family neighbourhood would be more than an hour away, instead of just 20 minutes. So if there's anything still happening, he stands a chance of getting to it. If there isn't, he and I can have a nice few days in together.

I'm getting excited about the trip to Winnipeg. We had talked about going back this summer. I'm sorry about the circumstances but pleased there will be another family event.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm

dinner is done, dw is washing dishes
I emptied it first
I have a few items to wash
still need to clean the stove top
still need to put away the vacuum cleaners
need to put the garbage can upstairs again.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 13, 2019 6:53 pm

I lost track of how many machines.
Stovetop and oven count as one. Microwave is another.

Last week we had guacamole with the tacos. This week we didn't. It does make a difference. We didn't have any taco sauce either. I also had to run to the store for cheese. I totally forgot about guac.

Dh had one expected customer and one drop off because she didn't have brake lights and couldn't figure out the fuses. There was also a "noise". I haven't asked dh about it yet. 2 more customers tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Two more, my new subtotal is 18:

Freezer (to dig out my dinner plus start tomorrow's lunch defrosting)
Elevator

More cleaning up of the apartment as I was able to take down the recycle, plus my store returns, plus the grocery bags waiting to go into the car. I brought up the mail.

Dinner is still cooking but will be done in 10 minutes. Stuffed chicken breast, roast potatoes, squash, peas & corn. I'd have a carrot but had one at lunch.

I just realized I have to move the bikes on Tuesday night. They have to be moved for Thursday night since the garage is being washed, but since I'm leaving Wednesday morning, I'll have to move them out of the garage by tomorrow night. I think mine can come up here and go onto the balcony. Not sure where to put dh's. I think it is too big for me to get into the elevator. It could be lifted vertically, but I'm not strong enough to do that.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Heading to do more zone work in the kitchen. The microwave needs cleaned. Also I want to work on a different scetion of the counters.
Dishes will wait till morning when it is cooler and they stuffiness will not be such a bother from the steam it creates.
H. Is fixing his own lunch.
Got the dining room swept, spot mopped the kitchen so it is looming better. I got the trash dumped yea.
Planted stuff and filled an outside water bucket for the birds, organized the plant cage two rounds of that.
Feeling a bit more productive.
The chicken is done and cooling.

Return to “Post When You Can”