the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Tue May 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Evening chores were all around house and yard:

gathered several more bags of trash
let the hens out on safari
took the trash to the road
2nd laundry load through to drip-dry
made a smoothie
paid online dd20's summer classes
did some watering outdoors

Most asked-about plant this season is definitely the escargot begonia. Visitors use the word, "doing" when they see it. They ask, "what is that plant doing?" because leaves are spirals, so seem to have movement as you walk past. The variety must be new in our area, because no one recognizes them. This and tuberous begonias are thriving in the limited sun at porch steps. Dd and I are pondering the blue lobelia blossoms, for bookmarks and necklaces. When do we think we'll have time?

Sunny, it is nice to think about you getting to see so many children and grandchildren.

Dee, how does home sweet home feel?

I noticed Harmony's use of the word "gospel" when realizing/learning that we've been used to some limiting, minimizing language about ourselves. That use of a religious word jumped out at me. Though it's another subject, that's how I feel when I learn what the original language of scriptures truly says about women: SO much more positive than we've been taught by poor translation leaning toward cultural opinion, and by avoidance of the positive passages.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 pm

DS10 closed his bedroom door tonight when he went to bed! This may not sound like much but it has never happened before. One of the symptoms of DS10 anxiety is always keeping the doors open. DH and I looked at each other in total surprise when we heard his door click shut. I thought something might be wrong so went and checked on DS10. He was fine.

I made a big bowl of tuna salad for dinner. DGD7 isn't a fan of tuna so she had oatmeal for supper.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 10:47 pm

I'm done the books. I hope.

Two minor issues took up almost the whole evening unnecessarily. Everything is printed (some things twice!)

I have a folder for the accountant and a folder for me and all my papers are also in my bag. I'll put my computer in it in the morning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Feels so good to be home, Harriet. But I have been dreadfully tired this afternoon/evening. Dd said dsonil had gone to his Mom's after work. When he came home he had someone with him. Figured a co worker till they came through the door. What a surprise! There stood my dh! :o They made return reservations for him tonight. Ended up he's flying out of Orlando next Tuesday morning. Flew into Tampa. Funny because ads-A, Ddil & Dgs6 came into Disney today & fly back home next Tuesday as well. But I'm sure different flights. Dh leaves at 6am & then dd will go back to school. I made my appointment for cardiologist & see him Monday afternoon. So dh will be able to go with me. Then will see my cardiologist up home June 10th. I was barely up at the hospital so it really hit me when I got home. Thank you for all your good vibes for me. Missed my village home. Now to regain strength & well being. Told dd the heart cath would b 45-60 minutes. I was really in the door at 2 & out at 4. Slept for a bit from 7:30 then ds-R called. Nice visit. He feels bad because the one night he didn't take his phone to bedroom dd kept trying to call him to go tell my dh. Actually thought he was probably at camp- he was home. She couldn't get dh & finally got a friend to swing by our camper. Felt we needed to let him know.

I feel somewhat good knowing that this heart attack was really the fault of the stents put in here in January 2017 not doing what they were supposed to. Evidently tissue grew inside them & blocked 2 arteries. As I said now will try to heal & get well. Meanwhile I'll just enjoy having dh the next few days. I expect he'll let his brother know he's here at some point. But not yet. Sorry my sentences are all running away. Hopefully will see you tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 15, 2019 12:05 am

Dee = I'm so glad you are home and recovering well, and that dh was able to get there for you.
Praying for a wholesome recovery this time around.
Last time there was so much of a medical emergency maybe that was a factor in things not going as they ort in heart recovery.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”