the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 am

What I love most about this site is how we truly care about each other. Praying and thinking of sweet Dee!
D dee you have all of us with you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:58 am

I used to put myself down for being a SHE but realized that SHE's are some of the most kindest, thoughtful people I know.
We, because of our nature, can see what is truly important in our lives.
I am grateful to be one of you!

I wasn't able to check in with everyone yesterday on an individual level but I was there in spirit!
I am hoping to work with you today!

Hope you all have a wonderful day - and praying we get good news from sweet dee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is (hoping) my declutter day. I have my l*st that I had moved forward from previous weeks. I am hoping I can chip away at more clutter. 8-)

goal: work until 4:30 pm
(including making dinner)
ww 9:00 am or go tomorrow
call on heart monitor
call dentist for cleaning

on the list: (I will work step by step and see what I can get done)
declutter: main goal:
wallpaper left over from years ago

garage and outside
go through foldable chairs and see what is still good
Move snow blower, shovels, salt into shed
blow up extra basket ball and donate it.
clean bottom shelf in garage and declutter
look at chemicals in garage and decide what needs to go - contact recycling centre
clean window well of stuff that has fallen in
put door screens in my car for tomorrow
take picture of pool wall that needs repair before winter.

extra: put dirt in pots
take a look at arbor and list repairs

missed job: dog p**p and mow small grass

House declutter:
spices
extra mason jars and lids
bathroom supplies - zone declutter again. there shouldn't be much
vacuum under stairs - when dd's come home have them grab their keepsake boxes and put them under there.

Mouse people stop by again.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 am

Hi! Wow!! 5 pages yesterday!

It's pouring rain here again today and still very cold.

So far I have done a load of laundry. It is currently in the dryer. I have no plans to go anywhere today. I have been stitching.

Supper tonight will be eggs in some form... possibly an omelette .
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 am

hello d cathy!!! have a great day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 am

heading to morning routine. I can't believe I have been up for 2 hours and did nada ;) computer made me feel busy lol 8-)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 am

Good morning. Thank you for that opening, blessed, echoing many thoughts!

Nice to hear you've been able to stitch, Cathy. This has been a quiet month on the creative front for many of us, I think.

I exercised first thing.

Today I must wrap/send a birthday present and because of cutting it a little close, plus something happening to our mail delivery yesterday... ? ... , I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and send Priority. Sigh. There should have been plenty of time for a quick turn-around to PO, but our carrier was well after 5 arriving here, so something went wrong.

I do have some Desk Day, but that doesn't have to align with PO this time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am

yay on fitness first d harriet!!!
wishing you a wonderful desk day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start!

I was up 30 minutes before the alarm went off. I finished planning my day on paper. There are 12 hours with scheduled events and 3 free hours. I have a plan for what I want to accomplish during those 3 hours. Now to work the plan.

DD was here at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. I treasure these no drama, loving times together. I cooked breakfast for everyone while DD, DGD7, and DS10 sat at the bar and visited.

Homeschool is underway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 10:00 am

Posting without cuop.

I was on track to get to bed by 10 but dh contacted me and then we had the tech issues and then I was just to upset because I saw my bedtime slipping away. That upset meant I couldn't get to sleep for at least an hour, after being so drowsy. I eventually got up and took a melatonin to help get to and stay asleep.

Woke up after 8. But was up a few times in the night (before 1 and again at 4:45 because the wind had changed and was swinging the blinds, went to sleep and 5 to shut the windows since the change meant the wind was roaring into the room. Turns out it wasn't the wind but my phone vibrating for another Amber Alert. I'm thankful my phone respects the Do Not Disturb since I had earphones in. There was another one after 6 which I missed entirely. That's no-good if there is a reason for me to evacuate but since Amber Alerts are treated as Presidential Alerts and they are much more common, I'll take the risk to life and limb for me in order to get sleep.

The funeral is on Friday so not booking the hotel was good since I don't need the $180 room for 3 nights. On the other hand, I went to book it this morning and it is now over $$250 a night. Sigh... I'm off looking for another hotel.

Vitamins are refilled, travel vitamins are prepped for dh and I, I have his packing list, bed is made, still haven't s2s nor had breakfast.

The most important thing is getting a hotel now.

Edit: Found something for $30 a night more than yesterday's rate, so have grabbed that. It is a one bedroom suite which will be more comfortable and give us a place to welcome family if necessary and it is 13 minute drive from the funeral.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 am

Congrats on exercising early Harriet! I concluded yesterday that I should ck my bp and stretch earlier, because past a certain point in the day I just don't get it done.

I am just amazed at how my energy has returned finally. I'm wishing the same for bw2 and Kathryn. I was up at 7 - actually awake a little earlier then dozed until the alarm. I've done a good part of a.m. routine also, not all. (Now I just spent [wasted?] 35 min online.)

Laying out a five important things for the day worked well last week so I'm going back to that.
-health, ck BP, stretch, walk 8K steps
-desk day - 45 min paper decluttering, starting with the stack next to me :lol:
-15 min garage declutter, there's a ton of old paint out there, I need to open and put cat litter into any that are not dried up.
-make a DPC re DNA talk I'm doing in June :o
-upstairs to stamp for an hour

And of course, genealogy when my work is done...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”