the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 am

hello d kathryn I am sorry the tech issue interrupted your sleep! hope you find a reasonable hotel.. how about an air BNB - we have had really good luck with that.

hello d lady! yay on being awake before alarm
cheering you on through your plan
so happy dd came and enjoyed the morning with dgd!

hello d twins! I understand not getting the stretching in etc. if it isn't done first thing in the am.
I am so happy your energy has returned!!!
cheering you through your day as well
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 am

moving slow/tired ;)
mouse guy came and those little mice didn't touch a thing - yay. I still feel bad but I didn't have a choice.
morning routine is done! I feel like it is 3pm 8-) ;) :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 am

Morning y’all...

My day started early because I have a drs appointment this morning. Already showered and am now drinking my coffee. Need to water my sunnies and shower Willis while outside. He has terrible allergies and this helps to keep him from scratching so much.

I made it to the gym last night and survived. It felt great to get back in the groove. I did get a short swim in, but the water was still a bit too cold for me. Should be ok by next week.

After the Drs visit I need to make a quick grocery run and then fill my car with gas. Once home I still have two loads of laundry I need to get to. Also need to vacuum, but Dyson is still in the hospital till Thursday. Oh well.

Off to start my day...Waving to y’all and sending healing wishes to Dee!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 10:47 am

I've used AirBnB in the past but it has got more complicated and I do not trust them with a scan of my passport which was required last time we went to use them. So I no longer have a functioning account with them. Thankfully, that was a friend's place so we just booked directly with him and he saved having to pay them. He trusted we'd pay him, which is the important feature of using the AirBnB system from the hosts' point of view.

As well, at least in Canada, it is no longer people renting out suites in their homes but is now people buying multiple apartments and renting them as a business but without having to pay for all the things hotels pay for (i.e. hospitality taxes, business taxes, staff for security) and often this is being done illegally (i.e. the condo has a rule against it because the real condo owners didn't want to live in a 'hotel' with strangers coming through every day.)

So I stick with real hotels and look for suite hotels with kitchens. Which is what I booked. I also get free hot breakfast, supper on Thursday night, shuttle for dh from the airport and secure parking.

With the funeral moved to Friday, there are all sorts of benefits for me. First, I don't have to be ready to leave for the accountant meeting, dentist and 3 day trip by 9:45 tomorrow morning. Having almost 24 extra hours takes away a lot of the stress. Second, it is one night less at the hotel. Third, dh will be able to come to the funeral. So getting that text helped me start the day on a positive note.

I've updated my planner with the reservation and dh's flight details. I'll leave here by 9 (hopefully) and get to the hotel around 2:30. That includes a 1 hour stop for lunch at a good ice cream place. I'll probably pack a lunch which I'll eat in the car and then treat myself to ice cream and a walk around.

I've emailed dh's cousin to ask if I can bring anything for the reception after the funeral.

Next up is to s2s and breakfast. Then I have to get going on the books. This is now crunch time - I have about 3 hours of concentrated work but that translates to 5 hours of me struggling to stay on task.

Cathy we are cold and wet here too. The river came up dramatically overnight due to the rain.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am

Going home today. Yay! Cath yesterday showed the 2 stents I had here in FL January 2017 had filled with tissue causing blockage. They put new stents in the old ones. I feel wonderful. Cardiologist has cleared me to go home today & probably to fly home the 26th. So praying for that. Will write more later. Did want to say I talked with pastor up home & I told her I have decided to resign as Church Clerk. I've been in that office for probably 30 years. Hard to give up the reigns but it's done. Dd is here & we'll leave once discharge papers are done. Hello everyone. Will post later today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 am

Hoo

Ray

!!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am

YAY!! !!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am

YEAH Dee!!!!
I am so very thankful to read your update.

Homeschool is paused while DS10 goes with DH to volunteer at the clothes closet. This morning has been a good reminder for me how DS10 doesn't deal with things like most kids. He has an English test today and he is not doing well with it. Usually, I verbally quiz him with the test questions and he does fine with that. But today I handed him the test questions on paper for him to read and write the answers. I don't know the terms to apply to how DS10 responses to this but I just know it happens. DS10 can read the questions fine and he knows the answers and he can write the answers but he mind won't function normally when he gets stressed in a normal testing environment. If he was in public school his IEP would provide someone to sit with & read the questions to him. This was my mistake today when I just handed him the test papers.

Today is the last piano lessons before the summer break. Next Sunday is the spring piano recital and then this extra curriculum activity will be done for this school year.

Tonight is DS10 last 4H meeting of the school year. He was pleased with the award last night and now he has decided he wants to do 4H next year.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Tue May 14, 2019 11:28 am

Hi, Dee!! So glad you are back home here in the village!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 14, 2019 11:39 am

Hooray for DEE!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”