the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 pm

hi d kathryn
hi d sunny
hi d harmony
hi d rose
hi d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi everyone! My query is still a plague. Last night, I got the car's manual printed, hole punched, and put in a notebook; stripped and washed bedding; ordered meds; and allowed Ziva more freedom. However, when I took her out of the room she hissed, even though Thorin and Alfie were locked in the MBR. Briggs was out because he would not bother her unless she attacked him. I have a pork roast in the crockpot. My house is in dire need of a maid.

Tonight, I have DD17, who will likely do homework, leaving me free for whatever I need to do. One thing I must do is church webwork! After she leaves, I will deliver Briggs to the cat coordinator for tomorrow's dental.

Glad to hear that DeeClutter is doing well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm

hitting another tired spot.

decluttering day was a success
my heart wanted to work in the yard but I promised myself to declutter today.

I went to the donation centre - done

found out there is a chemical recycling program this Saturday morning . It will take an hour to get there but well worth getting things out the house. we had so many multiples of stripper - turpentine etc. garden chemicals we haven't used in 20 years that are now listed as being super bad - they will take them, pool chemicals we won't use, and some old rusted aerosol cans will be going as well.

hi d nancy
hi elizabeth

cleaned out window well
winter salt/shovels/and other winter things are now in shed.
dh tried filling the tires on my metal wagon but they need to be replaced.

Next work on paperwork and see what can go. I found a bunch in dd older's room from a long time ago - nothing she would keep but I will go through them.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2019 4:22 pm

RR - Thank you for the suggestion and insight.

DS10 makes 100 on every paper. It isn't the 100 that we are after but it's just our thing that we do. We go over the papers until he understands every problem. There isn't any drama or stress about missing a problem. He knows there is no repercussion if he misses a question because he will have another opportunity to do it. Usually, he looks at the paper with the missed problem/s circled and instantly knows the correct answer.

I think the problem today was that he is so used to talking through the assignments/problems with me that to do it alone overwhelmed him. I need to get him less dependent on me and more confident in his ability to work alone.

I cleaned out DGD7 closet a few days ago and piled all those boxes in the fun room. Oh my. These are boxes that were moved here 3.5 years ago and haven't been touched. They contain sentimental stuff. There are several tubs filled with pictures & memories from raising out kids 40 years ago.

Today I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and opened the closest plastic tub. I was somewhat surprised to find binders filled with DS10 things from when he was 2, 3, 4 and 5 years old. How did I have time to organize all that? I remember it was a time in our life that I thought DS10 was only going to be with us for a short time until DD got her life together. I found binders of the things he made & did neatly organized by year. Each of those 4 years binders are about 5" thick filled with artwork and memories.

We have plenty of shelf space in the library (since I decluttered it). I put the binders on the library shelf and will sort through them later. I want to give DD and DS10 an opportunity to look through them. I trust that emotional right time will reveal itself sometime in the future.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 14, 2019 4:32 pm

So glad I am not driving, cannot stay awake.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I'm now at the point that I'm no longer worried I'll be ready for my meeting tomorrow.

Time to start making some dinner for myself.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 pm

I am glad you don't have to drive either d elizabeth!

hi d kathryn I am glad you are no longer worried! wonderful

hi d lady! totally understand your ds feelings. praying he finds that confidence. You should be really really proud of yourself for taking that breath and looking in the tub. That is pure courage and I think that is so cool. What a nice surprise!!!!

hello all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm

I hit my limit. I had planned on quitting at 4:30 (I did take a break). I decided to go through dd older's last container of papers. most of the items were for recycling. I put aside the remainder for dd to look through. She had lost her title (at 17) for an old beater she had. Well I found it in that basket.
She will be surprised.

I finished washing the sheets and pillow cases in that closet as well - she doesn't have a fitted sheet with any of these sets.. so they are not actually a set. lol

wishing you all a lovely lovey evening.. d lynlee good morning!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm

So glad to have Dee headed home!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Harmony — what is the name of that book? I definitely need to declutter my head!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”