the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: the more important things: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 11:43 am

Hoo

Ray

!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 14, 2019 11:51 am

So Happy to read Dee is back home and doing ok.

We have some gnarly weather coming but so far just grey skies. Probably just a bunch of rain, which is a good thing around here. Our grass is green and we haven't had to water it only twice I think.

Been trying to finish my book which is about decluttering not only our homes but our thinking too. I'm to the thinking part. She's teaching me to declutter all the bad things I tell myself. How often do I think I'm not a strong physical person, not a morning person, not a creative person, not a real smart person... and maybe none of that is true, it's just what I tell myself and have for years and years. We hear a criticism from someone and take that as 'gospel' for the rest of our lives. I had a person tell me "oh, you can't do that" and so I didn't and always regretted it. How many times have you told yourself you're a messy person?

How often do we say we're a SHE? And take all those negative qualities as if they're written in stone?

I must skim through the rest of this book as I need to return, it's 2 days overdue. :oops: I'm usually much better at keeping track of due dates but missed it this time.

So..today... got checks ready for mail, dailies done, DW run air drying now. Got ready to do a proposal for DH but her name didn't match public records so we're waiting for her to call about that. That's got me waiting before I can get my errands done. Filled pill containers and made 2 calls for refills. Also talked to DGS who is back at college after a short spring break. I love our conversations!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:45 pm

So glad to hear from Dee! Yea!

I got up on time today yea.
Trash is at the curb. I de cluttered a bag of stuff out of the plant area. Glad I did that.
I moved a couple of irises, colors that were in the wrong spot.

Caught up on some writing.
Bathrooms have had morning spiff!
Had lunch.
Spiffed more on the kitchen counters.
Swept the driveway.
Got sweet potatoes suspended in a jar of water to root just for fun.
Read a chapter need to read another I only have 6 days left on this book before I have to return it to the libr_ry. ( Guess the vowel!)

Screec things came to a hault found another tick had to remove it from the dog!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 14, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm

DH got the big zero turn mower stuck in the ditch. Those type of mowers are difficult to get stuck because they have so much power and can go in any direction. DS10 enjoyed helping DH pull the mower out with the old truck. I reminded DS10 that something that might initially appear to be a problem can be an opportunity to have some fun.

Homeschool day is almost done. The only assignment left for DS10 is to read a story about Eric Liddell and then write a summary of it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Wonderful D dee!!!! :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

d lady, so cool that your d son helped your dh get the mower out!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:27 pm

hello all - I am hitting a tired spot and need to keep moving or I will sit and never get up 8-) 8-) 8-)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Yay for Dee!!! Glad you’re doing better!

LadyM... handing DS10 questions to answer on paper is a good way to evaluate his progress. I would add a second step. At the start tell DS10 to answer very question without help. Then say any questions he either got wrong or couldn’t answer you will read it to him to either correct or just answer and won’t penalize him for it.

This will allow two things to happen: first it should reduce the stress he feels and second, if the answer is wrong, but when you read it to him and it gets it right, it will give both of you a clue as to why he chose the incorrect answer in the first place. Takes extra time, but will help his decision making progress in the long run.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 14, 2019 2:21 pm

I like Rosie's idea for LadyM. It feels like the best of both worlds since he can try the normal way first but doesn't get penalized if he hasn't developed that skill yet.

I just checked the weather for Toronto. The forecast is actually cooler than here. We have a sun/cloud/rain for Thursday and sun/cloud for Friday, then full cloud for the rest of the days covered, they have full sun for Thursday (my driving day) and then full cloud. So I'm not driving into better weather. Sigh...

I won't bother taking my SAD light. I will take a rain coat and make sure I have one for dh as well.

So much for hiking on the way home, the weather is to be subpar all along the route so we may as well just come straight home.

I should not be packing, I should be working. But first I have to dry my hair. I didn't shower until 1:30 and it is too cold to sit around with wet hair today. It is not even 50* out and I have the window open to raise the humidity in here (since it is raining) but that means the apartment is cool. Jeans and a sweater are not enough, I need dry hair.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello Everyone! I have mostly cuop and have tried to post during the past few days, but I sometimes get interrupted by dh or ddog wanting something. By the end of the day my brain and body are tired and all I can think about is my pillow!

Dee! Such wonderful news to hear you are going home today (and probably are there now). I missed seeing you here and am glad you are feeling better.

Kathryn, I was sorry to hear of dh's daunt passing. Blessings for your visit with dfamily.

Rose, WTG on being able to do your fitness program again!

Harmony, keep thinking positive thoughts! You are way stronger mentally and physically than I am; you are able to handle much more than a lot of people I know and more creative also!

We had thunderstorms here yesterday, had to unplug coffee pot, computer, etc. It has been cloudy all day today and we had a short storm a little while ago; it is just drizzling here now.

Sunday we saw ds#1-C and his dfamily and ds#2-J and ddil-Y came also. We visited for about an hour before ds#2 and ddil left to do their weekly grocery shopping. Ds#1 and family stayed for a couple of hours longer. We had a nice visit with dgd21-K. Yesterday her dparents took her to Orlando where she will be living and working for the next year in a program called Disney College (I think). She will be working with the Disney characters, but hopes to work into something using her graphic arts degree eventually. She texted me this morning with her new address.

Last week dh and I worked on his closet and pulled out a lot of clothes that didn't fit him. This week I have been working on my closet doing the same thing. I have a partial laundry basket filled and I'm sure there will be more by the time I finish.

See you all later...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”