Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Progress ~
Journaling done.
s2s. Done.
Laundry is in the dryer.
Made bed.
Spiff kit. Counters for ten min.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi Dee!! It's SO nice to see you!

I was up before 7. Immediately got a load of laundry in (a blanket from the couch that dh like to sit on.) Turned on the Roomba. Made a hot tea. Unloaded the dishwasher and before the washer was finished the 25 minute quick load cycle, I had the bed made. Whew! Put the blanket in the dryer and sat down to stitch and relax.

Went to one library and that knitting group wasn't there. Went to the other library and 2 people were there.

Supper tonight will be the pork roast. It is still partially frozen, but now it's in a sink full of cold water to thaw.

It's warming up but still windy. BUT the wind is warm for a change. Partially sunny with clouds starting to move in a bit more than this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. They managed to pull that surprise off completely. I had not a clue! It is good to have him here and actually he wanted to come Sunday -just wanted to be with me. Love that guy! They can't usually completely surprise, I'll get some clue but not this time.

Just managed to load gmail on dh's K indle so I can forward pertinent mail to him that I get that would interest him & or things he really needs to see. Finally after all this time. Don't know why it's taken me so long to figure this out or realize it.

Kinda waiting for the hospital to call me on their 'check'. Do have a ? about my bandage in my groin. Not sure if I'm to remove it or wait. I did have a time with it Monday and laid flat from 2pm to 9:30pm. I kept bleeding from there and they finally went back to the old fashioned method of a sandbag. They then did a rolled bandage & put a pressure elastic tape over that & the sand bag on top of that. One nurse did ask me if I'd been on blood thinners & I answered, aspirin and Plavix. But then a minute later it dawned on me that they had been giving me a heparin drip for many, many hours. We both said, duh!

I do feel a sense of relief knowing these stents becoming blocked were a result of nothing I did or didn't do. Can't do anything about tissure regrowing where it shouldn't.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm also glad that Mr. Dee is back in FL for the moment!

I am having trouble getting going today - not surprising after a late night. And dh is late again tonight so the IGAD (I've got all day) syndrome is at work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Good morning everyone! I am making progress on the query that has been kicking my booty. It no longer times out.

Yesterday, DD17 did homework. I proofread her history assignment. No substantive changes, but her writing style has lots of run on sentences. After she left, I delivered Briggs to the cat coordinator for his dental today. No known problems, but org policy is that senior animals will have at least one checkup. What he can eat and if I can give him allergy meds will be determined by how much (if any) dental work is done. If it turns out to be cleaning only, we can all go back to our regularly scheduled lives.

Anti-procrastination: payroll = DPC, home = church webwork. I also need to buy cat food.

I was all set to get to bed early, but K of the animal org drama sent a text asking me to call. This came after some very lengthy texts from him, which I skimmed. He is angry that the cat coordinator does not want him around, even though we really need more volunteers. Coordinator is very conflict avoiding, but in this case, she started the conflict by initiating communication with a person who is involved in legal proceedings with K. If she had left well enough alone, all would have been well. Neither she nor the org are responsible for the feelings of the director of another group. If that director is annoyed, angry, or hurt that K shows up at a public event, that is not our problem. Also K&P are responsible for their actions and legal cases, not us. In the unlikely event that their presence is a legal issue, that is on them. It is not our responsibility to acquire, read, and interpret restraining orders not related to the org. Nor are we capable of rendering legal opinions; they have a lawyer for that! Got to bed 30 minutes later than I should have. That, plus my zombie making cough syrup mean I am tired today too. And driving carpool. I will get a fully caffeinated beverage to drink on the way home.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Blessed - Thank you for the fantastic start today. I enjoyed the video and can totally relate to it.

My stomach is flip-flopping which is requiring me to stay close to the bathrm. I don't feel good but I suspect it is just a bug. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

DGD7 felt a little warm when I put her in bed last night but not warm enough for me to get the thermometer. I suspect she was running a low grade fever but she didn't complain about anything. She woke up during the night and got in bed with me so I know she isn't feeling 100% good.

DD came this morning at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. I treasure this normal doing because it helps in rebuilding & strengthening our relationship.

DGD7 will be here tonight because DD traded work days with another employee. DD will work today so she can have Sunday off in order to attend DGD7 piano recital.

Homeschool day went smoothly with no issues.

I have typed and printed the elder meeting minutes and put them in DH hands. I also created a dropb*x link to the church folder containing all the digital files and sent that link to the only elder who is computer savvy. I want someone other than me to have all the churches digital files and information. Tony and I teamed up for many years sharing these church files. Since Tony's death, I have been doing all the church digital stuff solo. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me to get another person backup in place. ANYway, it has been accomplished now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm

progress seems non-existent (my brain is tricking me 8-) :D - I will have to have a talk with it) but dh and I did have lunch together, stopped by the bike shop and then the hardware store. I found the paint for old arbor and we brought the screens in to be re-screened from the front door. just finished scrubbing the outside door (inside and out) from the laundry room to the garden - I see the other door in the laundry room and door in garage to the garden is disgusting. these doors need washing but I am not doing it today :shock: ;)

I still have to swish an swipe in dh's bathroom and powder room.. it's a surface 5 minutes each bathroom at most. I stopped doing it daily for the summer. It is now M-W-F- maybe Saturday. I am putting it off - I know it makes it longer. ;) :roll:

dh is working on my garden cart.

I forgot to turn the dryer on with flipped the laundry; so that is on now! I have a clean load of towels in the washer.
emptied the dw, counters clean, etc.

I think I have to set a time where I am finished at. (like an actual job) 8-)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:04 pm

hello d lady I am sorry your tummy is flip flopping! hope you feel better!
praying the sweet dgd7 feels better as well.
I bet the pressure is off of her as her dd stays with you. She gets the stuff she can handle. I am glad it is helping rebuild your relationship. I KNOW it helps your dgd7
yay on homeschool!

hi d elizabeth! yay on the progress!!!
I hope you can make a rule that no answering texts or phone calls at night unless it is an emergency. It's hard to fall asleep with stress being thrust upon you. You can't do anything until the morning anyway. good luck!!!

d twins - I understand the IGAD'S!!! hoping this goes away.

Dearest Dee - so happy to see you!!! praying you can fly home soon!!! I think doing the dishes is amazing. Your dear body is needing that rest. Fast recuperating and healing to you sweet Dee!!!

hi d Cathy. You have been busy! enjoy your evening.

hi d nancy! great work on your dailies and journaling

hi d kathryn hope you had a nice lunch!

hi d harmony! Some days we have those days/weeks!!! yay on your work!

that's as far as the posts will let me go back. hope you all are having a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm

It just poured here again. Sideways. ~sigh~

Kathryn bring your rain coats and umbrellas and hip waders. Lightning. Be back later.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Briggs had to have all 4 canine teeth extracted :( . They try to save these if there is any way possible, so it must have been bad. Another task got added to my list, an easy one: send a picture of the ribbons he got at the cat show to the cat coordinator. Presumably, they will be added to the website.

Return to “Post When You Can”