Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 am

Yesterday d lady's son closed his door to his room to go to sleep. That to me is a wow event. He felt comfortable enough (even with his anxiety) to close his door - something he rarely does. This is huge and I am in awe that he could feel, for that night, he could close his door.

Society teaches us that we are supposed to make huge strides each day to be successful - So so wrong - that's perfectionism or someone trying to sell books. There is no miracle. One can not move forward in life without these small, but oh so important and brave baby steps!!!

When we choose to take the small step it is a brave moment - no matter how small the step is. We under estimate our courage and bravery by pulling perfectionist thinking into it. Every small decision and small step helps us grow each day - it's an awesome thing and we should appreciate that about ourselves.

When was the last time you appreciated what steps you make for yourself, your home, your family, you community etc.

Today appreciate your small courageous steps. think of P.I.E. (KIMMY of She's in her apron): progress is enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vdO6UazEus I thought you all might enjoy this video. it reminds me of Kimmy saying that we do more than we realize. (it is actually how many people see themselves). forget that.. appreciate what you do today!

enjoy your baby steps and see the courage behind them. If I may say so myself - You all are wonderful!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 am

“Small steps may appear unimpressive, but don't be deceived. They are the means by which perspectives are subtly altered, mountains are gradually scaled, and lives are drastically changed.”

“Rejoice in small things and they will continue to grow”

“If you concentrate on small, manageable steps you can cross unimaginable distances.”

“You need to be content with small steps. That's all life is. Small steps that you take every day so when you look back down the road it all adds up and you know you covered some distance. It took me a long time to accept that, but it's true. You need to have patience."",”
― Katie Kacvinsky

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 am

Good morning to you All!!! (d lynlee waving good evening to you!!!)

I woke up an hour later - so I am behind the times a bit and am moving nice and relaxing (slow as a turtle). I am going to enjoy the sunshine today, (cold but sunshine) 8-)

My goal is to stop working at 4:30 (including dinner) - it is a slower pace day as today is my bill and paperwork day (shredding). I am still behind but I have to appreciate that I am caught up more than last week. Remember - no perfection... 8-) :D
lots of soul searching bc I am going to write nearby cousin. Note to self: be a good person and work to heal things not for myself but for her.

I also have a tree company coming at 9:00 am
dd older has to drop off the rental car now that her car is fixed. I don't know what time that will be.
4:30 talk to Kat.
Nat .lawn coming over - we have grubs again .

time for a shower so I don't scare anyone. ta ta for now! shower done! :D
dish washer turned on.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 am

I didn't do hardly anything yesterday that I had *planned* to do and worked genealogy until almost midnight last night. It really felt good to be on a roll again, OTOH, I didn't get a lot done here! And I didn't do any planning for today either, when I need to be running errands.

Starting with OMM stuff for today:
-groceries
-drugstore for dh
-mother
-Goodwill
-desk day
-decluttering in garage
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 15, 2019 10:14 am

blessed, you're inspiring. I thought about sending oh-so-true video along to dd39 and ddil, but they would be thinking they also have jobs to add in, lol. I don't want to just depress them! :lol:

However, that is so often me at the end of the day as I flop down onto a chair, head spinning with all I've had to think about to keep up with the calendar and clock, disappointed I can't point to progress.

Putting things in writing is tricky. You must play a chess game with yourself because it potentially becomes immortal once it leaves your hands. Think of the angles of what the letter will look like in future, depending upon the person(s) to whom it's shown. Will it always look as sincere as you intend it today, or could it someday make you look bad? Compose simply and briefly, and re-read. Love to you in a tough situation.

exercise first is working out well right now.
Desk Day today.
pressure cleaner guy coming to give an estimate.
An email requests more people come to Wed night service.
Decluttering has some definite directions to continue.
Outdoor chores are obvious.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am

Waving.

Had breakfast.
Planning done.
Took some notes on a library book due this week.
I need to s2s.
Will journal later.

Seeing a friend today I have not seen in forever.
We had rain last night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:55 am

my eldest dd would be the same lol :lol: d harriet!

I literally recycle my ta done list every evening. I don't do the list every day - only when I am in a "hard on myself" land. I sing a lot (about my things done list - let it go! (to myself lol not at the top of my voice - well maybe once in a while...I love to keep my neighbours on their toes.

If I looked back to sunday it would have been hysterical... swipe the toilet... oooo exciting. read the paper... thrilling! :lol: I spent a lot of time with family just chatting which was lovely. Oh I sat, a lot, on my bahookey - (looking around... don't tell anyone 8-) ).

wishing you a wonderful day d Harriet!!!
today is my desk day as well.
cheering you on!

D nancy have a wonderful time with your d friend!
Have a wonderful day as well!!!

heading out and dh wants to come with - going to donation place and bike shop for dh.
met with lovely young woman re: our dead boxwood. found out our birch has something they can treat and my fruit trees have a bacterial thing that they will treat.. now to find out (hoping for $) and expecting $$$$$$$$$$$

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 am

think of P.I.E.
Thank you, Blessed. I've done a lot of thinking today about baby steps so a very appropriate beginning for me. I had been well over 10,000 steps a day for probably about 6-7 weeks. That, of course, came to an abrupt halt Saturday night. Now I'm starting once again with very small baby steps to get myself strengthened again & healthy. At least the cardiologist here is agreeable (if there's nothing to get in the way) for my flying home the 26th. Dh will be here for a week so I'm able to have someone with me for the next week. By then I should be okay alone. In case you're wondering, Blessed, I'm sure I won't get anything done today either. I've not made my bed, but I did put away the clean dishes that were in the drainer. Then dh washed the dishes from the weekend.

Talked to friends of ours this morning & they're taking us to the Dr. Monday. Then somehow over the summer I need to figure out health care for down here. Don't think I can keep going 7 months without seeing anyone. So wish me well in this endeavor. We've been trying to figure it out for the last few years with getting about nowhere.

Dh db doesn't even know he's down here yet. I'm reluctant to call & let him know I'm home so he doesn't ask me questions. Not that dh doesn't want him to know he'd here, but would like to surprise him if they happen to come over.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Good luck finding insurance, Dee. Do you have an agent?

Love the video. For a long time I focused on getting all the routines done, maintenance mostly, and then just one thing to feel like I've moved ahead with something. Don't know where that plan went, I don't feel that ambitious these days.

Lucylee, the book I just finished reading is: Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke. I posted a little about it in our Declutter thread, it's the last one of April. Took it back to the library yesterday and went to the counter to pay 1 or 2 days' fine for being overdue, but I had the dates wrong in my head and it was just due that day so yippee not late!

Dailies all done and working on a LOL. A little down in the dumps so not moving quickly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Done accountant meeting and Costco return. Having lunch now.

I teared up when I read that Mr. Declutter arrived last night. I am so happy Dee is home and has him with her.

Next up is talk to my senior friend and another store return.

Return to “Post When You Can”