Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Little steps are actually big events - antiprocrastination day Wednesday

Postby lucylee » Wed May 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Posting without cuop! :oops:
Except I did see that Harmony gave the name of the book -- I've got it in my cart at amazon now! It'll be awhile till I order anything though -- I'm kinda in a no-spending zone right now. :roll:
Also -- LOVED the video, blessed! LOVED it!

I have got nothing done today ;) -- except...
* s2s, Bible reading, vitamins
* post office, w/dh
* signed up dgs for t-ball, w/dh (w/ds and ddil's blessing, b/c the whole house is down with some sort of bug and all 4 of them have rx's for amoxicillin)
* returned birth certificate to ds, w/dh
* answered one email that had been sitting for an embarrassingly long while
* typed two emails for dh
and... I'm about to cook supper & clean up the kitchen. :P Will call dmom while I'm getting that stuff done.

Ouch -- (((Briggs))) -- bless his heart... hope he's not having too much pain recovering. That sounds ridiculous. Of course it's probably excruciating pain. Hope it doesn't last long.

(((HUGS))) for LadyM and dgd, too! Hope you both feel better soon.

Sooo happy Dee is home and MR. DEE has come to cheer you up!!!

Waving to ALL!!! Not going to let this post run on and on and on as I tend to sometimes do! :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Home again had a great visit with my friend we did lunch as well.
Time to consider dinner. Soup was vetoed bc it is muggy today, decided on sandwiches.
H. Got off early & was here when I was got back.
Got the last two plants on my list today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 15, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Cathy: thanks for the heads up. The weather forecast yesterday has completely evaporated. Here it is still cold. I stubbornly went out without a jacket (put it in the car because rain was in the forecast despite sun when I left.) I was fine without it until just after lunch when the sun went away.

I got all my errands done. It has been a heck of a day though because the sounds of all the equipment in my mouth overwhelmed my brain. I had ear phones and music on but she put music on for herself and those plus the machines scrambled my brain so I switched to a podcast. That distracted me but it didn't help with the noises and some bone measuring tool that was incredibly painful.

When I got to the car I put on my seat heater because I was physically done-for.

I managed the car wash (cancelling the monthly plan until next winter), and groceries. I also was at the dentist very early so drew up the dates for our concerts and plays. Today is the early-bird deadline for the concerts and worth a 5% discount if I get it done tonight.

I also ordered a light bulb for my bathroom from the rental office. They are some weird style (two prongs) and the super will even install it for me while I'm gone.

I have to empty the parking spot tonight for Friday's cleaning. Dh said I'll have to leave his bike in the parking spot because there's not other place for it and I won't be able to lift it for the elevator. My bike and the stroller, plus the bags for the snow tires will come up. The bike, stand to lock the bikes to and tires in their stand will have to stay. While I'm doing all that, I'll check my tires, I think one might be low or out of balance but its hard to tell this year when the roads are in such terrible shape where the shaking is coming from. I'll start by making sure it is properly inflated.

I also have to pack. But I wanted to spend some time doing 'nothing' on my list to recover from the busy day. Dinner is planned, sweet potato oven fries, salad, chicken nuggets and strawberries for dessert. Tomorrow's lunch is planned as well. I have 4.5 hours until bedtime. Not likely everything will get done by then.

Wish me luck!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm

In honor of anti-procrastination Wednesday, I finally did that DPC which I have been putting off since mid April.

And for those who are worried: Briggs was sent home with heavy duty pain meds!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Oh... poor kitty. Those teeth are part of their kitty protection plan to look ferocious and to bite stuff like humans... ;) my dh will tease our cat until she either hooks him with a claw or nips at him. They have their rough play together almost every night before dh goes to bed. Even if I'm sleeping with my head 1 or 2 inches away from the cat. I still don't know how I have escaped being swiped from those lightning fast claws.

We had a brief thunder and lightning show just as soon as I turned the computer off earlier. Now we have bright skies peeking out from very dark clouds.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 pm

just a quick hello..

(((d briggs))) ouch d elizabeth! glad he has pain meds.
Yay on getting the anti-procrastination things done.

yay on getting your errands done! d kathryn... hoping that now that work is done - that you brain can relax.
wishing you luck!

d nancy - so happy you had fun with your d friend

hello d lucy
I would say that is a lot done! waving to you too!

hello d cathy... stay safe in that weather
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 pm

I am tired.

I had a nice talk with Kat and I kind of have the next two weeks planned (ideas mostly). She is trying to make sure I keep it simple and don't go back to old habits lol. (who me?). Glad I talked to her.

I still have paperwork to do..
tomorrow is errand day (fingers crossed).

first thing first - feed dog.

lots of love - ta ta for now.

glad you liked the video d Lucy!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm

I finally got up the nerve to restart logging my food in MFP. I do fine until something happens and I stop. Then I have a very hard time getting mentally ready to start logging again. It is a mental game that I am not good at playing.

I have washed mine and DGD7 hair this afternoon. Both of our hair is over a foot in length so it takes time to wash and dry.

I will walk DS10 and DGD7 to kids program at local church and then walk them home tonight. That will help with my low step count.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

A women author thing is ths Fri. At the library. I am going! :mrgreen: Getting back to some social things I have been considering.
Love the weather we are having today cooler and cloudy with some needed rain.
Got 4 things I needed at the store.
Saw our son working today when I was out and about.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 pm

d lady -
It is a mental game that I am not good at playing.
me too!

Return to “Post When You Can”