The last Big Bang Theory Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: The last Big Bang Theory Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 pm

hello hello
hope you are well
time for me to be mellow (hah!)
praying your afternoon is swell!
hello hi hello
hello hi howdy hello

I finished almost all the errands. I didn't have the heart to stop by the grocery store but did everything else. I even looked at tile and lights.
I am happy I got these things done. we had lots of thunder boomers and now that I am home the sun is out. Yay.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Busy day here. Have been out shopping.

House is looking "seedy" so I replaced a few things that were broken...a couple broken soap dispensers. I found another apple for the kitchen, the apple soap container gets knocked off because the base is small so after looking for months, I found another - this one with a broader base. The old ones had the leaves knocked off at the top and gluing them back on was unsuccessful... and new stuff for the bathroom... funny how something like this little bit makes a difference.

Got DH's prescription, but mine wasn't filled even though I ordered it a few days ago on their automated system. Got enough for a few days and now I must go back. And this is the Rx I don't dare miss. :evil:

Stuff is out all over the place. I am working on it all. Going to get dinner going and do some more but I guess tomorrow will be catch-up in all my rooms.

So sorry to read about poor Briggs losing his teeth. Awww...

And Harriet's DGD in a cast. I'm glad she is taking it well.

We never know what will happen in a day, do we?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm

H. Is home .
Thundering now the rain has began.
I swept the carport.
Watered plants under the eves.
Cooking soup on the stove for dinner. Yum!
The rain has went south of us I think.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 16, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 16, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm making progress. Slow and steady.

DGD7 came home from school running a low grade fever and with a cough. I've given her meds. She asked for a snack so whatever bug she has doesn't affect her appetite.

I had planned to take the kids and 2 of their friends roller skating tonight. I've canceled those plans because DGD7 is sick.

Snake #5 of the year was found in the yard. DS10 almost stepped on it. He said it was a different snake than the one he almost stepped on yesterday. We have about a half dozen roadrunners that live in the underbrush & trees directly across the road from our home. Roadrunners love to eat snakes. I don't want to think about how many snakes we would have if those roadrunners weren't here.

My legs are telling me they aren't used to the walking I did early this morning. This is a good ache to have.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu May 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Ok everyone, stupid question time. I keep hearing about duvet covers. Is this just a fancy name for bedspread or does it actually encase a duvet. And what is a duvet anyway? My impression is that a duvet cover must be like a zippered pillow case. Maybe zipped around a bedspread? Maybe zipped around whatever a duvet is? Pictures of duvet covers are indistinguishable from a too short bedspread. This is driving me nuts.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Yes, Elizabeth, it is like a pillow case for a duvet. A duvet is very much like what we call a comforter. Except duvets have white cotton instead of patterns because are covered by the duvet cover.

We sleep directly under the duvet, so the cover serves the roll of a top sheet. That is the European way of using a duvet.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm

For me, a duvet has to be filled with some sort of feathers. Preferably white down, but that is really expensive. I fell in love with duvets back in November of 1994, the very first time I slept under one. Sometimes I have a nice cover on one, but I usually just use them uncovered because it's a bit of a hassle to put a duvet into it's cover. When Sears Canada closed, I bought a really nice one for half price. That being said, it was still in the 100's of dollars. When I really want to feel spoiled, I buy feather pillows. Haven't done that in a very long time.

It's cool here, but no rain and the wind isn't that bad.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

I've been hearing reports that the weather is going to be a doozy this weekend. I watched the TV weather prediction tonight and they are saying to expect 4-6" of rain.

The swim pool water level is at the absolutely top so I'm going to have to pump water out for an hour or two. I need to get the water level down low enough so it can have room to hold the water from the weekend storms.

The plants are too big now to put protection around them from the storms. Hopefully, they are strong enough to survive. If not.....then I'll just plant seeds and start again.

DGD7 is coughing at least once per minute The OTC cough meds I gave her don't seem to be making any difference. The humidity level in the house is over 50% so I don't think I need to put the vaporizer on. Hum....what to do.......

-----editing----
I made some lemonade for DGD7 to drink. Gave her a cough drop. And rubbed Vicks on bottom of her feet and on her chest. Hopefully one of these will be the cough cure.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Ooohhh... Big Bang Theory AND Young Sheldon had me boo-hooing.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Working away here, wish my done list was longer..but I am trying. Brought laundry in from where it was drying. I cooked dinner and cleaned that up, made coffee for the morning, got stuff from shopping partitioned and put in the freezer, got a different package out to thaw for tomorrow.

I put the Easter wreath back into storage. I'd brought it in but didn't put it away. I did some dusting, wiped DH recliner and mine and my end table. Hitting the hot spots. I watered the two big planters at the end of the driveway. Everything's growing really great out there because we've been watering every day. It's nice to have pretty flowers at the entrance to our property.

I'm watching a farm program on TV where they are picking cotton and compressing it all into big huge blocks to be taken away to the gin. I've never seen that before. Fascinating! Program is called The American Farm and it's on the History channel.

Woke up dreaming a weird dream. It was so real I kept worrying about things in the dream and kept having to tell myself, don't worry it's just a dream! DH took our car in a rush to a church auction to be sold and it happened so fast I didn't have time to clean it out; lost all our records, our big bin of tools, a lot of personal records I keep in there, etc. and of course none of that actually happened! Can you tell I am concerned about the car? One of the outside locks isn't working now (it won't unlock) and I'm afraid to lock it when I am out and about...which doesn't feel right to me... egads I hope I don't dream that again tonight!

Return to “Post When You Can”