conga Friday (repeat) May, 2019

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

conga Friday (repeat) May, 2019

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:41 am

The Conga Line is forming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmhCY3eyWmI

Using d lady's PWYC to start our friday..Thank you d lady!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: conga Friday (repeat) May, 2019

Postby CathyS » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am

Hi.

There was a post on Eddie's Villa Del Weinie FB page regarding Froggy. She is undergoing surgery today. The name sounds very familiar from the site that had the red dresses. I think it was also cross posted on another FB SHE page by Michelle Vallez. (?)

There is absolutely NO RAIN in today's forecast!! There is wind, but it will be warm!

Dishes are done. Bed is made. Roomba has done her thing. I have washed my face and brushed my hair and had something to eat.

The only thing I have to do is make some DPCs.

Supper will be leftover lasagna. Sometimes leftover tastes better.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 17, 2019 9:33 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start today!

Cathy - WHAT? I'm glad you posted that info. I used to talk to Froggy on a daily basis but have been out of touch for a couple of years. I didn't know about her battle with colon cancer. I found her Journal on Caring Bridge.

I called DMom this morning to confirm what time I would pick her up for her doctor appointment. She argued with me about her appointment time. When I finally got her to check the calendar she relented. I'm going to need an extra large dose of patience today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

LadyM, do you think you will ever print out your One Note (is that the name?) journal(s) or will they just stay in electronic form forever?

I never print out my digital journals. I prefer them to be in electronic format (OneNote) because then they are searchable. At the end of the day, I take a picture of my paper journals and insert that picture into OneNote. Then I throw the paper away. The picture is OCR which makes my handwriting searchable.

DSon has my passwords to everything. He could access my OneNote Journals but I am 99.9% sure he won't ever look at them. DSon and DGS22 are the only techie family members. No one else knows what OneNote is or how to access it so the chances of my journal files being read are extremely low.

I had a long night last night with DGD7. I lost count how many times I was up with her during the night. DD came this morning with lemons, honey and Dr Pepper to fix DGD7 a drink to hopefully help with the coughing. We will see if it works.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:12 am

HELLO D LADY AND D CATHY and D TWINS AND ALL.

I have been thinking a lot of my dad's KISS talk - Keep it simple sweetie.

Simple isn't always so simple to plan for when you have a brain like mine 8-) :D

I used to think that everyone were super efficient and that I was missing some sort of gene because I couldn't keep up... ;) 8-)

Simple is not that easy for me!

My brain: I think of my brain as a bunch of roads. Organized people have a few roads they go on each day - (plans, ideas, breaking things down into workable steps). They can see that by taking one road and staying on it that they get to their destination and actually finish things.

My brain is thousands OF beginning trips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXfGZF2-sUU
I think of my brain like the cars driving around the arc de triumphe and I am the one having no idea how to drive it. (the circle around the arc de triumphe has 12 streets off the main circle - my brain usually has a thousand ways I could go :lol: :D)

I still have the want to go onto every highway or street I come to. D kat has been like a GPS for me. she simplifies my routes to what is doable. It's crazy! I am finding by simplifying (retraining my brain- saying no to my normal (hahahaha) brain) and doing routines, being flexible to change up my week (moving things to another month, week or day), that I am actually getting more things done.

I don't know what happens to me though - :shock: :lol: I can focus with my planner but when it's time to plan my week ahead (before my weekly call with d kat) that my brain starts thinking "new possibilities" and "I can do it all" "I am supposed to do it all" perfectionism thinking etc. 8-) :lol:

So my goal today: is plan on simple. Pray that it works 8-) and enjoy the day.. remembering constantly PIE - well until my brain goes ping pong-y again... OOPS ... SQUIRREL!!!! :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 am

Cathy, I had no idea there was an Eddie's Villa del Weinie page! What memories! I just clicked to join and I'm pending.

I have errands for today. Goodwill, cleaners, jewelers (get my ring and watch back!) and to mail a package.

What a genealogy week I've had - a possible DAR connection found yesterday but it will take some provin'. And I'm off on another tangent this morning while dcleaning lady does her magic.

I think of my brain like the cars driving around the arc de triumphe and I am the one having no idea how to drive it. (the circle around the arc de triumphe has 12 streets off the main circle - my brain usually has a thousand ways I could go
I resemble this remark, only it's genealogy tangents...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 am

Tangent: That's the word I was looking for today.
have a great day d twins.

my dd's are my techies d lady!
really neat that you use digital for your notes
praying your grand daughter feels better
Sending you a good day with your d mom.

thank you for sharing that d cathy! wishing you a good day of no rain!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 am

oh my gosh it is 9:45 am. I have been up since 6:30 --- oh my goodness.
It is cold (it's supposed to go down to 40 tonight or colder).
it's very cloudy here and I am thinking it will rain.

my goal today is to take a slower day - a room by room put away
maybe work on some paperwork
I don't have a zone day today. :D

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 17, 2019 11:38 am

Blessed, they were talking about some bad weather in Illinois yesterday. Today I'm glad I'm not in Texas or Oklahoma.

Gee I remember the Eddie's Villa Del Weinie. Also had no idea that was around. I don't remember Froggy but will keep good thoughts for her now that I know. I used to go look around in the old she site but last two times I had trouble getting in. I'm not registered there, used to just go as a guest. Last time I wasn't permitted to read. The time before that I couldn't either but found a way around to get in to read... but no more.

My brain is pretty organized. It just gets tired. I have so much stuff I want to do but I'm working s-l-o-w. Progress is enough, right? Ha! When I looked at the PIE I immediately thought 'perfection is enough'...no surely that can't be right... you see where my brain takes me!

LadyM, One Note stuff is in the cloud, right? I don't know if I want to go there. I do have it on my computer. Do you never run out of space in it?

Ok, I'm doing a conga, but so far it's not much stuff that shows on the surface. I have cleaned out the one drawer in my kitchen we keep for office things... because DH does so much work at the kitchen Island when in a hurry. Cleaning that out and moving some of that stuff to different places had me working on my desk drawers and the office supply box in the office closet. I have begun to clean out and organize the guest bathroom which I use. I find the rack I put for extra bottles in the sink cabinet hard to access and another couple containers haven't been used in 10 years... I need to get a drawer organizer too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 17, 2019 11:56 am

We are getting the rain but it is not as bag as they first forecasted.
I got up on time. Have been doing planning, journaling, & watching u tube for diy fabric bags with pockets to sew up.
I wanted ideas, for liners for bucket organizers trying to figure out the best way to attatch it as a "apron" to the bail.
I was thinking garden tote. I have a neat square bucket that might work great once I decide on the attaching to the bail.

Did a store run, chicken thighs & legs with low carb bbq sauce on them in the crock pot on the counter cooking now.
Moved the plants they had enough rain.
Looks like we mave have some clearing, enough rain to cause flooding in some area folks are kyacking in it!

I vacuumed the living room.
Did 10 min. At least on lr pupa.
Dumped the trash.
Brought in the mail.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 17, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”