incorporating things you want to do, SATURDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

incorporating things you want to do, SATURDAY PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:05 am

Good Morning to you all!

Now that summer is coming, (fall for d lynlee), how are you incorporating you into your summer?

Do you plan ahead for things you enjoy? Are you a go with the flow person?

Have you ever ended your summer thinking - "Darn, I really wanted to do that!!!" Does summer flow into fall easily for you?

Are you flexible with your plan or do you over goal your expectations and forgot to enjoy the adventure? (*an over planner that is always looking for the perfect 10 in any activity - don't do that - it is so stressful and not fun! - *That was my fantasy blessedw2 :D )

Where are you in your summer? What don't you want to miss?

HAPPY SATURDAY: I HOPE YOU HAVE A BRILLIANT DAY!!!
WHAT IS IN YOUR PWYC SATURDAY?

remember to keep it simple sweetie.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Re: incorporating things you want to do, SATURDAY PWYC

Postby Lynlee » Sat May 18, 2019 8:30 am

Saturday - a variable autumn day here, sunshine, clouds and an odd short shower.
meds out of stock at first pharmacy.
Library - found 3 more books in a series still to read. I've read some out of order, but got those available when I saw them. historical dynasty series. I took out a surplus of other books.

left a script for pu Monday at second pharmacy.
groceries, not at my normal store,
taxi home - cost a little more from the other store.
walked to vote. Walked further down that road to extend my walk.

It looks like more of the same, with extra attitude, perhaps, though who knows if there will be some more surprises as more votes are counted. There will be added hostilities for sure no matter who tries to cobble together a majority.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start today. Excellent! I have some summer type things to consider and think about.

I got up at 6am when the alarm went off and did AM personal cards. Then I went to the park to get my daily walk in. I knew it was going to rain today but I thought that I could get finished before the storms arrived. Nope. I learned this morning that I can run! I was about half mile from the vehicle when the storm arrived with a vengeance. One moment it was calm, then about 10 seconds of raindrops before the pouring rain, hail, thunder and lightning started. I ran as if for my life. LOL All well that ends well.

My plans for today have been mostly canceled due to the storms. However, the storm doesn't affect our planned trip to the local museum. It is free admission today in honor of Armed Forces Day.

We have lost power twice since I started writing this. Each time the power goes off the generator automatically kicks in, but there is a couple of seconds delay. That delay causes the roomba to start. I've had to go put it back on its home base twice. I guess the roomba is willing and ready to work but I don't like to run it while DH is sleeping.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 18, 2019 8:46 am

It seems so good to be home from the hospital (again). So far today I've only done those things necessary for my own upkeep, including making steel cut oats. But now I'm all in so will rest for a while. My MRI yesterday showed nothing except something?? from a few years ago probably & who knows what that was. Carotid artery US showed my left side has a little more plaque build up than the right but nothing needing to be done right now. They then released me BUT in the meantime evidently my urinalysis done in the ER Thursday morning showed I have a Urinary E-coli infection. Again????? where that came from. Don't think I've really noticed symptoms but I may have ignored if they weren't bad. They gave me an IV treatment of antibiotic before I left & I'm now on an antibiotic pill regimen. Going to ask my Dr up home to add that test to my lab work in 2 weeks. Want to be sure it's all gone. I should mention that I guess it was determined I had a 'mini stroke' with evidently no lasting damage. I am so eternally grateful. It was a very scary morning I can tell you that.

DD has gone to Disney to meet DS-A, ddil & dgs6. She's staying overnight with them and had 2 free passes she earned earlier this year from school.

She ended up buying a new car Thursday night. Her dh really didn't want her driving their Cherokee up north this summer. Same color as ours -nice color! :lol:

Have to quit for now -I'm exhausted
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 18, 2019 8:56 am

Dee!!!! it's so good to see you are home.

I'm watching a new weather person that is surprisingly good. He isn't panicking and screaming TAKE COVER like most of them do. He is calming telling the facts and showing in detail his concerns about there being a rain-wrapped tornado. It is headed our way and due to arrive in 18 minutes. Lots can happen with a tornado in that amount of time. It can lift and disappear in a second. This is the type of weather that gets my attention. Normally you can see a tornado coming and know if it will affect you, but rain wrapped means you can't see it. Our cellar door is open and we can take cover easily.

----editing-----
And just like >snapping fingers<< the tornado lifted and disappeared.

My best source of weather information continues to be FB posts. The weather people show what is happening on their radars and equipment, but the real-life people post what is happening on the ground.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 am

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here! Chance of a shower or Tstorm later. Last night a bunch of the neighborhood kids were playing some kind of game similar to hide and seek - while I was walking I kept seeing them darting back and forth between houses on the circle. One of the moms posted on the Facebook group that they were about and said to let her know if they were bothersome. I was so glad to see them all outside instead of in front of screen, computer or otherwise! (What a nice neighborhood this is... I love it that the kids are free to wander on the circle, and that we're so communicative and comfortable and can head off problems.)

We're doing a "Downtown Living" tour later today - dh will be home around 12:30 and we'll go then. It only goes until 4 p.m. Tonight we're having dinner w friends and then possibly going to a small neighborhood bluegrass concert with them. (We're not looking to move, just something to do - love to look at homes...)

I've been obsessed with genealogy this week. It's good to be back. I'm doing a beginning DNA talk on 6 June so I need to start getting ready for that. I'll start with the same power point from last year and update it a little - also needs to be shorter.

And, we're going to beach in a week! Probably beginning the trip next Sat and driving part way to Hilton Head on Saturday and getting there to ck in on Sunday. We have dfriends going with us this time! So I have a busy week coming up, was thinking last night I'd like to get a hair cut and pedicure, as a minimum.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 18, 2019 10:32 am

I am up. The sun is out better weather than we expected here this morning.
Journal done set up my planner pages for next week, drew out bujo June calendar it i s ready for inking.
Breakfast is over 4 me, h is up now.
Hoping to get to a bit of yard work.

I did a bit of decluttering yea!
Texas folkks stay safe!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 18, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am

On the road home. There will be a major slow down coming up in about 15 minutes but then all should be good. At each 400 series highway interchange leading to cottage areas, the on ramps back up onto this highway but then clear sailing until the next major interchange. The slowdown ahead is where this highway becomes the only route to cottages along lake Ontario. At that point it is only 6 lanes wide. It is 12-14 at this point.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:22 am

Dearest Dee - welcome home!!!!
so scary! Grateful that you don't have any damage! what a blessing!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 18, 2019 11:52 am

Thanks for the welcome back. Hope to be here quite a while this time!

12-14 lanes, Kathryn? NO THANK YOU! Scares me to think of more than 2 or 3. 4 borders on the impossible.

I'm slowly doing some things ONE AT A TIME and I find it more cumbersome walking around the house with my cane. But I'm still too unsteady at this point so a necessary evil for a time.

This e-coli infection has me baffled -where did it come from? how long have I had it? why weren't there symptoms? But now I know it's there and hopefully this antibiotic will take care of it. Plan to ask my Dr up home to test again for it in my lab work next month -just to make sure. Our ddShelley had it once and it was traced to the water at a restaurant in Erie, PA but who knows what this one is. That MRI I had shows EVERYTHING evidently. But it's nice to know there were no signs of anything on it. They did ask if I was having nasal problems as it showed something with my sinuses. I think it's just my allergies at this point & I'm not having a problem and pretty well plan to ignore it for now.

Just finished shredding a bunch of dd's papers. Now I'm going to sit here and try to clean off our office table. She says hopefully. Then I'll finish watching a new movie on Ha llmark Movies Now and then lunch and needed nap.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”