Happy Victoria Day Monday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Happy Victoria Day Monday!!

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Dee - What a joy it is to read your report from the doctor!

Elizabeth - I second Twin's suggestion.

Twins- I'm glad your DH is taking steps to get his eating plan developed.

When DH first found out he had diabetes I planned everything for him to eat. But then there were those times when he ate something not on the food plan. I didn't want to be in the role of Food Police. Now I just make sure there is plenty of food on hand and DH chooses what and how much he eats.

I am in SW OK. About 25 miles NE of Lawton.

The tornadoes have disappeared. They are saying the upper air is too cool for them to fully form & get violent. I hope it stays that way.

>>>>>editing.....
just as I hit submit they showed a storm with 3 tornadoes on the ground and they are growing bigger. We are not in its path

A DFriend is a storm chaser and I'm watching his live video. It is INSANE the number of storm chasers. 100's of storm chaser vehicles on the little country road.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 20, 2019 6:36 pm

I feel joy too, LadyM. I did finally remember the name of your town & I'm watching. Think other friends of ours live in Broken Arrow. Praying for all in this monstrous path.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 20, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm going to have to reboot the week tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will step up from the computer and finish hanging up the laundry to dry, maybe start another load in the washer, and clean up the kitchen.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I tried to manage DH's diet. He was miserable. We now have plenty of good food here. When I make food for meals it is healthy. If he adds salt and butter, that's on him. I don't buy junk. If the candy comes in and the chips and the soda, it's not me who buys it. Once in a while I make something that's not quite the best thing for us, but I do that rarely. We have lots of veggies here and usually a green salad and I'm not the one who makes bacon every few weeks.

I have enough trouble sticking to my own diet.

Done for the day. Watching the weather and reading my book for a bit. Early bedtime tonight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 20, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm going to have to reboot the week tomorrow.

Me too!

I am so weary from the weather hype. The meteorologist are taking a verbal beating from many. I am thankful that their prediction of massive deadly tornadoes didn't happen. Yes, there were many tornadoes but they were short-lived due to the upper air being colder than they thought. I can only hope these storms will provide data for better predictions in future weather models.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 20, 2019 11:19 pm

I’m glad the storms didn’t live up to their predictions, LadyM! I’ve been checking back and forth all day, mostly to see how you were doing!

Happy Victoria Day, also!
I loved the mini series about her. I’m sure some things were added/deleted just for tv, but I love the love story between her and Albert.

I had a 5x5 and met most of it:
— awards day
— laundry
— phone calls to
* dmom
* duncle
* daunt

Dmom has to have an MRI done. Her doctor says she has some “irritation” on the left side ov her brain and he wants to see more before he decides on treatment. Evidentially, this can be treated with medication. And apparently, he sees no signs of dementia. So I guess this is good news, but I’m anxious to see what he says about the MRI.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”