Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 am

I got a couple of humorous (to me) things ordered for Father's Day. I got DH a shirt and also got DS10 a shirt. I think they will enjoy the humor and have some fun wearing them.

I am slow moving today. I need to find a gear.

.....editing.....
Babystepping my way through the day.
** Front porch is put back together. 7 flowers back where they belong. (I had moved them to protect from storm)
** Breakfast made and served. I made egg, sausage, cheese breakfast burritos for DH and DS10. Oatmeal jar for me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 am

I was up at 6:30 and dfriend M picked me up at 8:30 to go walk at the nearby nature center. I have 10K steps already! Since we will be in the car Saturday and Sunday it will do be good to be ahead on steps this week. I'm not sure how (or if) I"ll get my steps in next week. I don't like long hot beach walks where I get too much sun exposure.

Today I am taking my car to be serviced, and also going to pick up my watch and ring. I know I've said I was picking them up several times and I've never gotten there, but I hope to today. (We actually went on Saturday afternoon but didn't realize they closed early on Saturday for the summer.)

Out the door I go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am

Power was out apx 3 hrs. I got up to rest one cloick so h. Can get up on. Time.
When i let ddog out to P.
... forgot to hit submit on this. H. Reset his alarm and got up on time.
Coffee is great. I got the trash out, h. Put the can out to the curb.
Planning done for today.
Journal done.
Breakfast x
next. 6 min. Daily tasks in one room.
Worked on kit. & m. Bed rm putting away shoes.
Weeds I pulled they other day are going out in trash gone today.

I have been in the sewing room seaming up most of a project, had to take a break
And check my blood sugar it is up into ack land hot flash city.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Boy I need a do-over for sure. Having a bad day. DH seems to be having a bad day too.

Drs. appointment for me and Dentist for DH this morning. I got up and DH was doing his computer thing instead of getting ready. Even with a note at the kitchen table where he sits he lost track of time. It's a good thing I had my appointment, I'm not usually up that early to nag him. I'm glad he decided to have all this work done or he'd surely have lost most of his teeth. He's about halfway through all the work. Cathy, I couldn't have made him do all this if he hadn't wanted to. I hope your DH does ok today.

Walking through the parking lot, just a few steps to the sidewalk and not in any way of any traffic, a huge truck pulled up behind and blasted his very loud horn. Startled me so I'm surprised I didn't fall down. Was sorta rattled for quite a while after that. I don't do well fasting for a long time.

DH used a business check at the dentist. :o That's a no-no. He just wasn't thinking. Made a lot of bookkeeping work for me.

Yesterday he brought home an egg something left on the ground at his job. This area has a lot of gopher turtles, or might be a bird. We are keeping it warm but who knows what will happen.

LadyM that map is scary. I'm glad they missed you so far. Is your son in Arkansas ok? They're talking about flooding over that way. Oh flood reports everywhere! My goodness. TShirts are cute.

Ok, going to restart my day. I really should go take a nap, think that's what I need.
Last edited by Harmony on Tue May 21, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Baby steps continue.
** DS10 started on his AM cards. When I'm moving slow and not getting things done then he matches my pace.
** DH launched to volunteer at Clothes Closet
** Floors are being swept (roomba)
** Living room PUPA and returned to company ready status (CRS)
** DGD7 bedroom PUPA and returned to CRS
** Deleted 23 emergency emails received in the last 24 hours about the storm
** Talked with DD. DGD7 didn't go to school today. DD will bring DGD7 here later today.
** DH launched the 2nd time. He is going to the city to check on his DMom in hospital, get the oil changed in SUV and get items on church buy-this list.

Is your son in Arkansas ok?

Yup. DS10 and DGS11 have been talking and everything is fine. They didn't attend school yesterday due to the weather.

The reports of damage and flooding are coming in. I'm watching DFriends videos showing damage to rural areas. They are facing weeks of clean up, barns repaired/rebuilt and fence building. Another friend is most likely going to lose her place from flooding. The COE (core of engineers) are evaluating their options to see if there is any other way besides opening the emergency flood gates which will destroy the homes down from the dam. It is expected that decision will be made tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:38 pm

worked on rose - it's huge!!! (mostly dead branches). I will have ask my brother if he could bring his chain saw in and I will have to start from the beginning. it got some sort of disease over the winter and killed most of it. Oddest thing. I will bring a piece to the botanic center to see if they can identify it for me... not sure I want to risk bringing it there in case it is contagious.

worked on it longer than I was supposed to - 2 hours. Saws all did not work well on it.

it is drizzling so working outside isn't so bad. it's cold but I don't mind.
going to have lunch and then go back outside. rose work is over done for today.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm

hello d great work on baby steps d lady!
glad everyone is well!
love the shirts!!!

hi d harmony
I am so sorry you are having a bad day!!!
it sounds like subconsciously he didn't want to think about the dentist.
what a nasty person to blow his truck horn at you. awful.
I wish you a good restart of your day! a nap may help you readjust your day.

wow 3 hours without power d nancy!!! hope you have a great day.

hi d twins how lovely that you went for a wonderful walk with your d friend this morning. good luck with your car and errands.

hi d cathy. sounds like a lovely dish for your dh to eat.

happy baby stepping everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 pm

I made up a plan yesterday for the week so am working the plan today.

Not part of the plan was sleeping in past 8:30!

But, since getting up I've:

Talked with Senior Friend

Tried to set up a delivery for the carpets (they'll call back.) I've picked a time while dh will have people here for a meeting. Hopefully, they'll stay to help lift the table while we put the carpet down. The table is too large to come out of the room so we'll be pushing to one side, then the other, and slipping the carpet around. The possible flaw in this plan is if the underpadding truly is no-slip!

Put away 2 loads of laundry, started 2 more (and have put away one of those.)

Did the weekly kitchen chores.

Planned the grocery list and meals for this week.

Done the shredding. There wasn't much, that was to be an easy task but the shredder was full so I had to empty it and then sweep up the spillage, then pull out the vacuum to get the bits the brush wouldn't pick up.

It was a shower day and shave legs day so that's done too. I haven't yet dried my hair though.

Next up is a slipshod weekly house blessing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Quick and easy drywall patch job has now become "patch the ceiling and do an entire wall, go get drywall and whatever other supplies you need and then when the mud dries, paint all of it, including ceiling."

I am actually happy about this because the work that dh did wasn't great and it was very visible. Having a professional do it is worth the money. This guy also made a few suggestions, and dh agreed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Baby steps continue.
** S2S, hair washed
** Plants watered. It seems a bit crazy that I needed to water even though we have received almost 5" of rain this week. Container gardening has so different needs than growing in the ground.
** Kitchen counters PUPA and wiped.
** Updated calendar adding 2 events this week
** DGD7 arrived. She seems perfectly normal. DD said DGD7 was too sick to go to school today. Pick your battles and this isn't mine. School is out on Thursday so it isn't like DGD7 is missing much.
** Lunch prepared for DS10 and me. MFP updated.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”