Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:32 pm

The ice dream was fine when I checked it!
Slept through most of the power outtage.
Just finish the neck line, is all I have on my project. Done.
Had a bit of lunch
I did daily cho res in the bathrooms
S2s done.
Dinner is over dishes are washing themselves..
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Tried hard to watch a movie on H allmark, but my body kept saying, "go to sleep, go to sleep". Guess who won. I am up to nearly 4,500 steps so far today. Made my goal 5,000 for today, so think I'll make it. Trying to get back up to where I was before the heart attack without pushing (with my Dr's blessing btw).

I looked online last night to see what my creatinine level was after my heart attack in October, Harriet. It was 1.50 mid November and now is 1.1. I'm happy & I know my cardiologist up home will be. They were not happy with that number in November. I almost think it was higher than that when I was in the hospital up there.

Have shrimp out thawing for shrimp packets for dinner. Figured 6 (lg) pieces apiece & there was 29 so am thawing the entire package. Know dh will enjoy it. Dsonil won't be happy that there's no Andouille sausage, but he'll have to like it. Splitting the one kielbasa 4 ways.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 pm

I am soooo tired this afternoon! I think I'll do a little nap after posting. I have a busy evening with the Homeowners assn meeting at 6:30 and a webinar to watch at 8. Dh is bowling tonight.

Long afternoon - I got car serviced, which took awhile because I arrived at lunchtime. Then off to the jewlers to get my ring and watch. My ring size is different now than when I was there two weeks ago, or perhaps was measured incorrectly? But I tried on the rings and agreed that was the right size. (This started six weeks ago when all the sudden I couldn't wear this ring anymore. I figured it was arthritis and waited a few weeks, then took it to be resized. My finger was then an 8.5 instead of 6.5. Now it's back to 8! I'm half way thinking of calling and telling him to hold it instead of resizing it? My fingers would have been bigger today if anything because of the heat and long walk this morning?)

And...the instrument panel in my car announced that the battery was low on my car key - so I went back and they changed the battery for free and said something probably drained it while they were working on it. Then I missed the turnoff for home and got stuck in traffic making a left turn.

I am feeling whipped right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue May 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi everyone! Another crazy day. Had to reboot a server, so none of the daily loads worked on development. At least production was ok. Last night was cold and raining for the baseball game. Half of the people my friend invited did not show. Not a good idea, because she had purchased and given us all tickets to the game, reserved the special seating and the food and drinks. (Open bar for wine and beer). I did leave after the 6th inning because otherwise I would have trouble getting up this morning. I did anyway, but it was not as bad as if I had stayed the whole game.

Once again, the x has planned DD17's summer without any input from me, reserving half the weekends, and putting in a claim for another "but we don't know when yet". So, I had to call my parents fast and get dates for our trip and made an executive decision on the camping trip. Doesn't matter who else can or cannot come, the date is set, like it or not. Once again, he made an assumption on when I would be home and available to take DD. As it happens, I am available that weekend, but I don't have to let him know that yet. Here is what I wrote to him:

"I have a question about July 4th. You said you would be driving out the 3rd and Lydia would have to stay with me. What time period do you mean? Evening of the 3rd to Sunday the 7th? Before you rely on me to be in town, you need to check with me. I am not always at home, especially in the summer."

I should probably schedule something out of town (with DD), so when he starts giving me instructions on dog feeding, I'm not available. If he keeps his usual pattern, he will give these instructions the Tuesday before, as he did with our spring break trip. What a shock! I don't plan my life around him!

I have a dentist appointment at 530 and I am not looking forward to it. I am convinced I have cavities and the crown he has been watching for several years is likely to need replacing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 21, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm exhausted. House blessing is half done.

Dh wanted to walk over to the grocery store pharmacy for his travel meds so we headed out. I also wanted to go to the bank a block away from the store and get the final statement sent to me. I can't print it off because the account is closed.

On the way to the bank dh remembered he wanted new hiking boots (his soles are cracked on his current ones) and so we went to two outdoor stores. I need new boots too and got a pair plus two pairs of sandals, one prettyish for city walking, the other is suitable for light hiking. Both hide my hammer toe. Both are waterproof so I'm finally replacing my 19 year old waterproof sandals (which look awful and have only been kept these past 5 - 10 years because I haven't been able to find anything I liked to replace them.)

Ironically, dh had to order in a larger size to try out before buying new boots so he didn't get anything. We won't talk about how much I spent. My old boots were 5 years old and when you amortized footwear over 5 - 10 years, it is reasonable.

Walking home with the 3 boxes was a bit awkward. Two fit in my backpack, the boot box was in a cloth bag. We kept the boxes because of 1) returns and 2) Konmari.

Next was the grocery store. I forgot the list I had made. And they didn't have the chicken thighs I needed for dinner. Plus, I needed potatoes and milk so dh couldn't carry much more. By then I had a low blood sugar headache and so I bought a banana and had that and some water before heading home.

Once home, I took a potty break, grabbed a diet coke and headed off in the car to buy the chicken elsewhere. I had to take a weird route due to rush hour traffic but it wasn't bad. I bought a watermelon as well as a 'treat' since I was hungry.

Chicken is on, part of the watermelon is cut up and consumed, I had some milk to help with my hunger pains and dinner is ready now.

I have to audit the church books tonight out in the village so need to leave here by 6:30. No tv show for us tonight.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Posting without CUOP except to see I need to say, "Good luck at the dentist, Elizabeth!"

I've been overwhelmed. Yesterday was dr's appt for HRH with the Gen Prac he has learned to care about since we lost the one he really cared about a great deal. Now she says she's leaving, too. Sigh. He just can't catch a break.

After we got out of there, we went to Sho mar's (restaurant chain) and bought the huge meal for a dozen people to take to HRH's dcousins' home where J is in hospice. Many visitors expected there at lunch because of a convergence of hospice/minister/family so HRH just felt his cousin D couldn't possibly cook and do everything else. We didn't even know the restaurant had such big bags as the one we needed - gee. We did not even try to go in, just handed the big bag to the nephew and kept going. Minister chatted briefly with us in driveway as he arrived.

Return to “Post When You Can”