Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:53 am

Yesterday sweet Kathryn and sweet Lady said that they were rebooting to a new beginning of the week. WELL WHY NOT... LET'S DO IT!
Today is the beginning of a new week... yesterday, what yesterday?!

So start afresh today! breath in - oh look it's the beginning of a new week! IT'S ALL NEW.

Enjoy your day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Reboot the week - Tuesday edition: NEW BEGINNINGS PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:05 am

today is supposed to be decluttering day. I have the i don't wanna's but you know I will do it anyway. it's only an hour or two at most. why can't I. lol lets see if I will do it.

zone is supposed to be the garden but we are going to have thunder boomers. 8-)
I woke to nice light and a half hour later rain clouds -deep dark grey rain clouds

I can see I need to change my attitude and accept that I won't be working outside. I can be my own little brat 8-) ;) :D

Yesterday dd younger had a lovely time at the restaurant show at McCormick place. Bad, but really interesting, was that the traffic was crazy and there were police everywhere. Streets were blocked off and tv trucks lined up along the building across the street. A car next to us (in front of 10 officers) hit the car in front of him. (the police officers giggled - I am sure this was the easiest ticket for them to write as they were all witnesses). It turned out our new mayor was being inaugurated in the building right next door. No wonder the traffic wasn't moving.

dd and I thought she would only be at the restaurant show for an hour but she said it was huge and amazing. There were distributers from all over the western world. She stayed for about 3 hours. I went to the art institute but should have headed to the northern suburbs to do errands instead.

She told me a story that she thought was so cute. There were young men with cheese pants on around the blue cheese table. One man said enthusiastically, (while they were all tasting the blue cheeses), "this is the steak of blue cheeses!" All the rest of the men grabbed a pieces and were as enthusiastically filling their mouths and agreeing with him whole heartedly. Dd said she couldn't get near that table to see why they were so thrilled. It reminds me of when you put food down in one big pan for puppies - the all come running and swarm the dish.

I have to change my attitude from "I didn't want to do that". I have to remember that just because I can't go outside and play doesn't mean I can't be productive inside. It's has to be done anyway so today is as good as any day. (doesn't mean I will be happy about it 8-) 8-) :D - I can be such a drama queen.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 am

Thank goodness that weekend is over!!

Dh got home early on Thursday and he worked, worked, worked ALL weekend. Gardens look great and he didn't even put everything in yet. I think he has to weed a section near a fence to put in the 3 or 4 remaining "gifts" from his friend.

It was so overcast and a very cold wind for most of the afternoon. He kept working and then he cut the grass in the back again "to distribute the clumps" as he put it. When he is weeding or planting, he just throws stuff behind him. There were numerous clumps of dirt all over the place yesterday.

We have someone coming to do some mudding and taping of drywall in the hallway today. As dh was leaving this morning, he said to ask how much to "do it all, take this out and re-do it." Huh? He didn't point to anything or explain what or where... He also said that if it was "a muddy mess in the back" to call him to let him know to not come home for lunch. To tell you where my head was at, I thought he was referring to the back of the yard for a few minutes. He also has a dentist appointment this afternoon. He's either going to be a grumpy bear or a really grumpy bear when he gets home for supper.

Speaking of supper... no clue. Maybe something soft. I'm 100% certain there will be an extraction or 2 this afternoon. Because I am not a nag, I don't make him go to the dentist. He has an absolute fear of them. Hates getting anything done until it's well past the time to have a tooth pulled because he lets his molars break and waits until they get down to the gum line before he has them removed. Part of the reason he finally made an appointment is because he said something must be going on because numerous customers have asked him if his mouth is okay because he looks like he can't close his lips. When he isn't talking, his mouth stays open a bit and it does look odd. He does have a very high pain threshold, so he says he doesn't feel any pain in or around his mouth.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 am

Good start, good "reboot", Blessed. I'm just beginning to move around again. Dh and I went for a 16 minute walk as early as we could. Temps are in the 90's daytime & supposed to be 98 by this weekend. Power went off here at 7:50 so we were trying not to move around too much till the fans, etc came back on. Was out about 50 minutes so guess it could have been much worse.

I'm fighting a headache right now and trying NOT to take anything but not sure that'll work. Strangely I've been sleeping a little better and my feet not bothering me as much. Hoping that continues. Dr's office should be calling me back today or tomorrow about whether or not to start back on my metformin (a diabetes drug). BS this morning was 78 -a very respectable # with just the 2 glipizide tabs a day. Hoping this continues. Weight was down another 1/2# today -I'll take it!

I was just dozing off when all the toots and whistles & lights came back on. Startled me to say the least. Now to get busy and at least do something.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 am

we have a bit of sunshine again :D I have adjusted my attitude. re-boot done. ... :D

I was thinking too big bc I didn't have a simple plan in place.

musts: call bank
call dd youngers neurologist
call dentist me
call for heart monitor appointment next week
look in dh's library for building book

today I have two maybe l*sts

rain ideas:
wash garage door to garden
wash door to garage
vacuum under stairs
kitchen: door frames: they are bad- why does it get this way ;)
tile
microwave
top of fridge
doors above stove are gross again - needs dawn
wash top of laurens furniture
see what veg has bit the dust - kissed the composed bin (another way of saying it)

No rain ideas: still wash the door from garage to garden
clean up fire pit from the other day
roses 1 hour saws all
weed 1 hour 4 x 15
look at shed and figure out how to take it down.

dd younger will not be here today or tonight - if I can grab her before she goes ask her open dh's and my bedroom window

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:03 am

Thank goodness that weekend is over!! You had a busy busy weekend d Cathy... Glad you get to start a new day today!!!
I am sorry he will have to have teeth pulled today... praying it heals fast and is not too uncomfortable.
I loved the "Ha!" after that quote.

d Dee
wow that's hot!!! I am glad your fans came back on before the heat of the day sets in. great job walking!
praying your headache stays away! glad to here your feet have been feeling better.

I have been up since 5:30 what I have I got done???? nothing. wow rebooting and adjusting my attitude took time 8-) :roll: :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start today. And the reboot!

He's either going to be a grumpy bear or a really grumpy bear

Oh no! I hope the day goes as well as can.

The storms continued all through the night. Lots of lightning/thunder and rain but otherwise we came through without a problem. We got 1.7" of rain during the night which is on the low end of what many friends received. The worst of the storms didn't pass over us but it was too close for comfort. They recorded 19 tornadoes last night and we were right in the middle of the line of them.
DS10 slept with us most of last night. The lightning/thunder kept waking him up so I finally just put him in bed with me so I could get some sleep. All's well that ends well.

Today is trash day. DH is good about taking to the road. Every once in a while he forgets so I always keep it on my calendar to be his backup.

The rest of the day schedule looks strangely empty. No piano lessons on the schedule for 2 and 5pm. We will pick up DGD7 from school at 3:45 I think. I need to confirm that with DD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 am

The last time dh went for a dentist appointment, he came home without having anything done except they did give him a prescription to take before they would go to the next step. I hope he actually follows through this time. He doesn't have a regular dentist and this one is a different one than the one he got the prescription from. Dh can be very impatient with people and he did NOT like the other dentist AT ALL. When he explains to the front desk that he cannot hear the person due to their accent, it really doesn't help if they decide to yell and scream after he says he couldn't hear them. It isn't the volume, it is the accent. He simply cannot hear them. He can't hear one of the female characters on Big Bang because she squeaks. It's very high pitched. He also has a problem with Raj.

I have decided that we are having a salmon casserole. It's mostly soft. I will also make jello and custard.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:47 am

praying for safety d lady!!!
Hope tonight is a nice restful calm night with wonderful refreshing sleep. (oh, plus sweet relaxing dreams for your whole family).

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 21, 2019 10:37 am

I made the first of 2 DPCs.

I also made custard. Much more enjoyable than a DPC.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”