Wednesday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Wednesday 5 x 5

Postby BookSaver » Wed May 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I've started to write posts several times over the past few weeks, but too many interruptions to actually finish and hit send. Seems like every time I start to make any progress, it's the old 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

For example, yesterday I did well with eye appointment and errands all afternoon, in spite of pouring rain and strong winds that kept turning my umbrella inside out. Planned to catch up on computer work all evening.

Unfortunately, as I was checking email, my screen suddenly went black. Took a bunch of time last night and through today to clear the desk for working space, and troubleshoot the computer problem. Verdict: since various tests and trying another monitor were all no help, DH and I think the video card went wonky. Right now I'm running with my TV on the desk as a computer screen, connected to the pc tower using the HDMI cable port.

That leaves me with no TV and therefore no British mysteries. :(
On the plus side, with a much larger screen, I am suddenly having no trouble whatsoever reading the print on any web page. 8-) :lol:

Now I need to do a little research because DH said I could either continue to use the old TV as a computer screen and buy a new larger TV, or put my TV back the way it was in the other room and buy a new computer monitor. I suppose a 3rd option would be to replace my pc tower with a laptop, but I don't really need the mobility of a laptop -- and I hate having the screen attached to the keyboard which puts both at the wrong height for me to use with any comfort.

In the meantime, it's getting late and I need to find a good stopping point with desk work. Will not be able to stay up long enough to finish laundry. If I switch loads and run the dryer only half the time tonight, I can finish it in the morning.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Wow 5 pages and here I come finally.

Out the door pretty early for us. Had eye dr. appointment. I don't give DH a choice about taking me. Sometimes they tell me I'll be dilated, sometimes they say I won't. But one time they dilated without warning and I wouldn't have been able to drive. I just tell him a day or two ahead and then remind him we're going. It just helps to have him with me, even though he doesn't go into the drs. office with me, he just sits in the waiting room and sleeps!

On the way home we pass a big supermarket and I mentioned milk and eggs... so we went in and came out with half a cart full. Loaded and unloaded together so that was easy and fast. Nice to have that done.

Mostly just took it easy today after all that. I did clean up the kitchen, unload dishwasher, fold laundry...look at full laundry hampers - decided that's for tomorrow.

Watching pictures of flooding and tornadoes. Wow. The one near Joplin just looks immense. Those people sure didn't need another one. We're supposed to be unusually hot by this weekend. But that's nothing new.

One thing my Dr. yesterday asked me was if I was going to the dentist. Mouth bacteria etc. can cause problems all through us I hear. I was able to tell her my routine with the hygienist so one less thing for her to get on my case about.

I've been working on my puzzle and reading some in my book. Tomorrow I'll get back to work.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 pm

I raked up one and a half 33 gal. Trash cans of seeds. Took a half hour. It is dusk so I will have to wait to do more later.
Watchi g twc annou ce twisters in Oklahoma, and other states. Dinner was great!

Return to “Post When You Can”