Wednesday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 22, 2019 8:12 am

What are your top five for the day, and what is your finish time? Or top three, or top seven? Lay out now what's important to the rest of your day, and let's get busy!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am

The rest of my week is just getting busier and busier as I remember things that need to be done before we get away!

Today is a massage/body work - hoping to get my hips working better after that long walk yesterday. (I actually hit 12K steps yesterday!) Dh is late so I do have a full day and a little more to work.

-body work
-pack up two pkgs to return via mail and Fedex, and drop them off
-call dr office re: refill of meds - I need the kind I can divide instead of what they sent last time :?
-make chili to take to ds who had very minor surgery yesterday. Nonetheless I want to take him some food...
-paper taming and desk clean up

I talked to dfriend M yesterday about beach trip and food etc. She and dh are going with us this time, we have traveled with them for years and years and this is a nice chance to be with them. They go later in the summer with their dds and grandkids so she is looking forward to a quieter trip. We'll grill a lot and relax...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 22, 2019 8:32 am

Hi!

Contractor is coming back today. There will be more drywall going up and then taped and mudded. There will be trim coming down on the other side of this narrow hallway. The louver door that allows access to the water heater and other equipment will be removed and replaced with a new white one later this week. The door to the coat closet/vacuum storage will be taken off to be replaced by a barn door later at some point in time. All of the blue/grey paint will be gone from the hallway with white replacing all of it.

Supper will be ribs in BBQ sauce. Coleslaw. Cornbread muffins. Brown beans. Rice. I will make spicy Caribbean rice for dh.

Got away from the dish routine yesterday. I need to get back to that as soon as I post this.

And as soon as I posted this, the contractor got here. I put all the dirty dishes either in the sink or in the dishwasher. Made the coleslaw.

I will do paperwork at some point today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:29 am

d harriet - I am so sorry your sweet dh's practitioner is leaving. So hard!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:33 am

d twins good morning and thank you for starting your day!
a beach trip sounds lovely!
enjoy your massage - good for you!

I am sure that your home will look beautiful!
by the way - your meals: wonderful ... I always want to come to dinner at your house!!!

hello all!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 am

The rest of my week is just getting busier and busier as I remember things that need to be done before we get away!
That statement certainly resembles my week, Twins! Have to list everything I really need to get done. We have company coming this afternoon. They were going to take us to the Dr on Monday but dh ended up having our dd's VW.

Going to meet dbil/dsisil for breakfast tomorrow morning. That'll be our last hurrah with them for this season. I need to start doing an order for Wmart/A River to be delivered up home.

Dh is doing the dishes & then plans to mop the kitchen/dining room floors. Hoping the puppy behaves herself when company comes.

Dh & I went for a walk down the street. Stopped to talk to next door neighbor, walked about 6' and dh looked down & saw a bit of pink/orange sticking up about halfway from the road to the ditch. Lo' and behold! There was my key that he lost Thursday morning, evidently when he was getting ready to get in the ambulance. Neighbor had walked looking & we've looked every time we've walked.

My Dr's office called and they moved my appointment up by 2 weeks. Now see her on June 5th. That feels better. So I'll have to go for my labs before that. Probably the 3rd.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 am

hello d dee good morning!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 am

Forgot to update on dh's dentist visit yesterday. They did x rays. They started a cleaning which will get finished on the 5th. Then "you will see the surgeon on the 11th." His gums are growing over the broken stumps of molars that he claims don't hurt. He liked the staff and he was not the least bit grumpy when he got home. As a matter of fact, he went out and worked in the garden before supper and after he watched the news.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 am

well it will be an interesting day. it was an interesting night. ;)
yesterday afternoon i laid on dd older bed as I was freezing - fell asleep for 5 hours - oh my gosh all mighty!
I had been working in the drizzly rain and had a bit of a headache - I am sure that added to it.

I listened to my videos - diane in Denmark and Patreon video of Kat.
now to neosporin my war wounds from my time, yesterday, when I fought the large rose bush for a couple hours. I think the rose is winning. It still needs hours of work but it will not happen today.

time to go outside - waiting for dh and dd older (will call) and give us her feelings about dd younger.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am

Cathy - It's good to hear that your DH dentist appointment went well and has a plan how to proceed. I suspect a lot of unexplained problems in our body comes from teeth/gum infection. I know that has been my experience.

My sunrise walk at the park went well today. I am focusing on getting my lungs exercised by walking fast enough so I am breathing hard for 30 minutes.

DD came and got DGD7 ready for school this morning. We will pick DGD7 up from school at 2pm today since they are dismissing early.

I'll take DS10 and DGD7 to put out flags at the National Cemetery this afternoon at 3:45

My 5x5 =
1. Homeschool Day #1 of 6th grade
2. Progress made on tubs removed from DGD7 bedroom
3. Six rooms to Company ready status
4. Menu plan & meal prep
5. Order the curriculum for the next 3 months of Sunday School classes
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”