Wednesday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wednesday 5 x 5

Postby Nancy » Wed May 22, 2019 10:22 am

I'm up feeling better today, less achey. I went to bed at nine was ready to turn in had been up more in the nite.
Dog gave me an alert bs was in range yea!
I am working on my planners writing on my topics, sewing plan done, gardening plan next up, then writing plan.
Breakfast x
I have a success my bookcase is decluttered yea! I posted a pic of it on fb.

Next up 6 min. In the dining room for my zone work. X
Dusted living room as well.
Then meal prep. For dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 am

Woke up at 8:30 again.

The audit wasn't totally satisfactory last night but good enough. I'm a perfectionist with numbers so am not happy because I couldn't figure out where numbers in the reports came from in the books. Got to one of the numbers but not another and had to just let it go. The issue is it worked from one way of calculating but not from the other.

We spent 3 hours on it and then I headed home. The drive was not as bad as I feared so I'm getting better about driving after dark which is a good thing. I have been actively avoiding it for 8 months now. Of course, driving at 10:30 on a mid-week night from the rural area to the city by freeway isn't tricky. It is headlights and streetlights that mess with me and on a divided highway there are many fewer headlights and no streetlights in the rural areas. Plus I knew the route well.

On the other hand, there is an area on the freeway under construction and when I saw all the brake-lights I couldn't judge if the traffic was stopped or moving so popped off at that exit. While waiting for a green light at the top of the exit (it was an alternate way home for me), I could see the traffic was moving well so I went back onto the highway. I think the rest at the red-light also helped 'reset' me so I could cope with the now very heavy traffic.

I did fall asleep reasonably quickly (45 minutes after arriving home) and was only up once in the night and then once too early so went back to sleep for another 3 hours.

I've had my tea and chocolate (no light therapy today) and am s2s. The bedroom is tidied, the kitchen is tidied. I'm having my breakfast now.

I'll do grocery shopping next with the car and then get back and finish the houseblessing (I have no more than 30 minutes on that.)

Dh has people over for a meeting this afternoon. And the new carpets arrive this afternoon. So getting those down will be a big job today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:17 am

spoke to dd older for an hour - with dh, so i am very behind. spoke to dd younger for 1/2 hour on the phone.
we have sunshine!

I am going to indulge in a starbucks iced coffee and come back and do outside work.
first a phone call and then off I go.

saying hi to kathryn, nancy, cathy, twins, lady and all you dears!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I had a little trouble getting up this a.m. but was awake a little after seven. I finished my a.m. routine before I left for the body work. I'm balanced and aligned now, just like the tires on my car. Shoulders back and even instead of one forward of the other!

Remembered that I need to add another item to my list when I scratched one off:

-pack up two pkgs to return via mail and Fedex, and drop them off
-call dr office re: refill of meds - I need the kind I can divide instead of what they sent last time :?
-make chili to take to ds who had very minor surgery yesterday. Nonetheless I want to take him some food...
-paper taming and desk clean up
-see mother - they also need me to sign the care plan there

So I'm back at the beginning. Right now I am going to start chili on the stovetop and get those two packages ready to go. I can't call dr office until their "lunch break" is over. Once packages are ready, I'll continue with chili and set a timer for some paper taming.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 22, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm glad Dee can see the doc up north sooner!

LadyM, what a great thing for ds and dgd to do at the National Cemetery! I took my kids once on Memorial Day when all the flags were on graves so they could see.

Cathy, glad the dental appt went so well!

And...I think I'll have some iced coffee here at home to sip along with bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:46 pm

nothing accomplished but lots of talking with dd older. poor thing - her anxiety and worry get the best of her.
1:00 call the bank.

this morning stopped off at mom's place (a retirement village - really nice and everyone is busy and free to go) and see if they can help mom adjust and get involved when she comes back in June. I have a name and well... we shall see.
a lot of "old" folks and d mom does better with people younger than her (spirit wise and activity wise). It shall be interesting.

I have decided to make a small quilt for the linus program and see if she will join me in the project. she loves to sew.

working hard to give a lot of things up to God today.. sometimes you just have to let go and let God (as they say).
I figure I will find a way with d mom and dd's and dh. etc. just trying to be a good person and move forward. ;) :D

hello d twins!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Second and last DPC of the week has been accomplished. It took more than 2 hours from first call to final result. I do not enjoy having to text a company to set a call time and then they are late calling and I am waiting with phone and necessary paperwork near by. Now it is done until next June.

Ribs are in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and onions will go in at 3 p.m.

Onions have been added and cornbread is in the oven.

I am doing almost anything to avoid paper work this week. The island is almost clear. That's how much I am avoiding paperwork.
Last edited by CathyS on Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm

hi cathy!

I am going to readjust my mind to a more positive view.. what can I do:
it is already 1:09 pm.
Have a can do attitude - keep it simple

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 22, 2019 2:22 pm

blessed, let us know in A, C and N thread if you do take on that sewing for Linus project.

I'd intended to come in with a 5x5 and while composing, calls started. HRH is always always the point man in his maternal family whether it really makes sense or not. His mother knew for days that her sister wanted to come stay with her during this time of getting ready for funeral, but now isn't so sure she wants to have her. Sigh. Some of her reasons make sense, some she should have thought of earlier. She also was rethinking the drive to go get her sister and becoming convinced she couldn't do it, for reasons that did not compute.

Long story (you have no idea) short, in addition to HRH's efforts, I'm elected to go get the sister and drive her to dmil's. This will take several hours and pushed most of my 5x5 thoughts to tomorrow.

Also I rather insisted on helping with the obit since the meeting with funeral director came up fast and those who will be going simply are not computer savvy (J's father) or at all experienced (J's niece) with what to do. I finished that work through phone calls and physically carried a hard copy to J's father with minutes to spare before the niece was picking him up for funeral home. Was still trying to convince niece that yes, we do write, "the Rev. Dr." when a doctorate has been earned by the clergyperson. If that funeral director lets that be changed to something casual, I'll scream.

I've got a casserole in the Instant Pot now, will hope to get a good lunch in our tummies and then take off on the trip for HRH's aunt. I have an email out to dd20, but doubt she'll have a chance to go - she's very fond of this particular great-aunt but I don't believe it's going to work out this time. If only we'd known... ...

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Oh, Harriet. What a day for you. I remember that when one of my aunts passed away my mother commented privately on what a mess the obit was. I was looking to see if I had a copy and I don't. You are wise to insist on involvement.

Here's my report:
-pack up two pkgs to return via mail and Fedex, and drop them off will drop off when I run errands soon
-call dr office re: refill of meds - I need the kind I can divide instead of what they sent last time :?
-make chili to take to ds who had very minor surgery yesterday. Nonetheless I want to take him some food...
-paper taming and desk clean up
-see mother - they also need me to sign the care plan there

So plan right now is to head out and drop off two packages and a letter at the post office, then see dmom.

Ds called and was going to run an errand so came by to pick up his chili in a crock pot. He's feeling well. I left a message at dr's office about meds. We'll see what happens there. The stack of papers by my computer has been reduced by about 80%. Scanned some, discarded some, put some aside to go to beach with us (genealogy, if I get a chance.) Desk is somewhat straightened. I also send an email re a check that hadn't cleared, and found that I had written conflicting amounts on the face. She had emailed me and it ended up in SPAM, so I"m glad I checked. This was for genealogy institute next month so I was watching to be sure it cleared.

So I'm heading out again.

Return to “Post When You Can”