Ta Dah Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Ta Dah Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am

Last night Kathryn reminded LadyM of all she had done along the way yesterday. Sometimes we forget to celebrate the small successes, and only remember what we didn't do.

Let's focus on those successes today, large and small! Celebrate your Ta Dahs!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Ta Dah Thursday

Postby CathyS » Thu May 23, 2019 8:59 am

Hi everyone!

I was up before 7, dressed and ready to go outside. Garbage was on the driveway before 7:05. I think the trucks might have come early a couple of weeks ago when 3 of us on my street never got picked up and dh took our garbage to the dumpster at work on the Saturday.

So, that is done for another week. I have been making the bed every morning as well. Dishes are getting done. The dishwasher just finished, so that has to be done.

I am not running the Roomba until the contractor leaves today. I will sweep the hall before I turn her (Roomba) on.

Supper tonight is Shepherd's pie.

We are expecting thunderstorms before 10 a.m. I have been watching the lightning website and the lightning strike have been coming east steadily since 7 a.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 am

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday to Dee!

My day is off to a good start. Sunrise walk at the park went smoothly. DD came and got DGD7 ready for school with happy vibes.

DD called later and said she wasn't attending DGD7 program at school this morning. My gut tells me that DD is about to quit her parenting efforts. Meager as they are, DGD7 needs DD to keep trying. ANYway, I will be at DGD7 2nd-grade graduation this morning and take pictures to send to DD.

I started listening to the audible of Atomic Habits this morning. This is my second time listening to this book. I really like it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 am

LadyM I saw online that the 140 (I40?) is closed at Webber bridge due to 2 out of control barges. Just a heads up if you are anywhere near there.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:28 am

happy birthday d dee!!!
hello d twins
hello d cathy
hello d lady

hello d all!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:29 am

we got a last minute neurology appointment for this morning. Yay. Heading out soon! have a lovely lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 am

I too was up before 7 a.m. I am loving the longer days, but part of what's getting me up earlier is needing to go to the bathroom when I wake up early. Part of getting older I suspect.

I've walked the ddog.

I need to do my planning for the rest of the day.

Can I do an eye roll here? Dh used the toilet plunger in the "powder room" bathroom this a.m. and left it sitting in the wastebasket. Yuck! And then dd just called to tell me (at length) her toilet woes and that she had to go to Walmart last night for a plunger. What is going on? :roll: :roll: :roll:

On a happier note! Happy Birthday to DEE!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 am

Dee, I hope you have a great birthday.

BookSaver, it's really good to see you were able to post. I hope your roof is content. We have a tv as monitor connected to the LR computer, which is an inexpensive one, and find that arrangement very convenient for quickly switching between forms of media.

Twins' were you ever able to explain to that man the difference and find out about Y testing? Sometimes it's hard to remember, that having now become an expert in a subject, it is OKAY to correct another person and clarify what's needed. My father used to like the saying, "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up." I also take that to mean its a good thing to give your expertise in a straightforward manner. Good luck.

Today I will basically be getting ready for tomorrow, which is HRH's last distant treatment, and for which I've learned to set aside about 13 to 14 hours, including travel (mostly waiting). Because of losing some days this week, I'll also need to catch up on some Desk Day and get payroll ready for Sunday. My routine of hair care, especially visiting colorist, is about as abysmal as it's ever been. I don't know what to do about it - there is just no time.

Planning needs to happen for :
food, as I go into "the food desert"
books/binders to use my time for the study

I may need a suitcase. :|

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 23, 2019 10:57 am

Harriet, I still haven't gotten through how autosomal matches work. He sent me a downloaded spreadsheet showing all his matches, autosomal, YDNA and maternal but no info regarding how much DNA is shared among the matches. It's clear he doesn't realize that that there are uses for those matches also. He doesn't want to give me access to his account so I can look at the matches myself - and I understand that. FTNDA doesn't have a setting to allow one to give another access without control over the account. I'll email back later, I hate to email back right away saying no no no, that's not what I need...

I have a prescription at the drugstore so I'll need to go down there later too.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 23, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes and I'll hold onto them for tomorrow -if that's ok. But any day we get wished a happy day is a win win for me! Thank you everyone! Not sure if we'll end up going out tomorrow night for my birthday or not. We'll see how I feel. It'll also be dh's last night here for this season (the 2nd time around at that).

Met dbil/dsisil for breakfast this morning. She didn't understand that this was the last we'd see them till Fall. I'm sure she'll be asking dbil when they're having breakfast with us again next week. Getting a perm at 3:30 this afternoon. She texted me this morning to see if I was still 'on' for today. I'm feeling like it, so really need it cut & permmed.

Just finally found the directions for my i-drive for pictures from my phone. Put it in my computer bag and will do them (she says hopefully) after I get home.

Had someone call me while we were at breakfast from my health insurance up home. Asked them to call me this afternoon as I couldn't hear. It came through with the 3-letter acronym for our insurance so knew who it was. I'm hoping it's a follow up after my heart attack. It's funny because after my attack here in January, 2017 I had several calls from one gal who did a follow up on me for months. Then after my heart attack in October up home, I had none. I'm thinking that's probably what this is. We'll see. Hope she calls before I go to get my hair done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”