Ta Dah Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Ta Dah Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 23, 2019 11:02 am

The 2 barges that broke loose last night arent' near me. They had no way to control the barges (no tugs). They were afraid the barges would hit a dam and bust it causing catastrophic damage downstream. The last I heard they found the barges this morning stuck in a creek. This is wonderful news. Although they still don't have any way to secure the barges because everything they could tie them to is underwater.

DGD7 end of school program went well. She was the top student in 2 subjects and also got another award. She did not want to leave school after the awards program. We visited her classroom one more time and gave hugs to her teacher. DGD7 has thrived in this school environment.

aut oh......I need to check my records for Dee birth date. I had it marked for today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am

Happy bday Dee!
LM glad to hear the good news about the bargdes.
H loves the pie iron I took pic and posted on fb. I need to look up the website for info.
Ddog helped me shase off squirrell.
Journaling & planning done.
Had breakfast.
Spiffed up the bed.
Next up start laundry.
Take Rx done.

6 min. Success story today ~
I was up 1st @ 6:30, h fell back asleep after turning off alarm. He got ready 4 work in record time, getting clothes out and making lu ch the night before saved the day yea for a plan that was successful!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 am

Better a day early than a day late, right Dee? I'm glad you are here to enjoy another birthday!

Working on laundry.
Desk chores done.
Phone calls in and out handled.

Waiting on washer to get done then 2nd load goes in and 1st hung up. 3 loads today if I have enough drying space.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 23, 2019 11:35 am

A Very Merry Unbirthday to Dee, to Dee!

I'm up. Slept really badly last night. Shortly after 2, I downloaded a book and listened to that for the rest of the night. Some mystery set in Wales. I will have to go back and actually listen to it but for now it gave me lovely dreams of village life in the UK. (Probably visualizing Broadchurch, Shetland, Yorkshire, and the Cornish coast from watching too many British shows.)

On my way to dd's shortly with dh for a quick visit. Tomorrow dsil and dgs head away for a one week trip to visit his family. I'm not hopeful this is going to go well. I did attachment parenting and didn't ever leave my kids for that long until they were about 6 (ds) and 9. And that didn't go well. Dd attachment parents and she's worried this will wean dgs (he still nurses at night and through trauma.)

My childhood best friend called to say my parents' house is for sale. If you want to look at where I grew up, here's a link. The inside isn't quite different (except living room and dining room) but the outside is closer. We had a sheltered patio in the back and two huge weeping willow trees, one in the front which sheltered my bedroom from the sun and one in the back which I 'lived in' during the summer. The empty bedroom with no carport in the pictures was my room.

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-For ... 05913.html

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am

I looked through the papers DGD7 brought home. She made all A's the entire year in every subject. She scored greater than 97% of others her age nationwide. DGD7 and DS10 are on the opposite ends of how easy it is for them to learn. DGD7 breezes through everything the first time she is exposed to it. It takes DS10 weeks/month/years to get an understanding of many concepts. They each learn at their own pace.

DD called and congratulated DGD7 on her success.

I wish I was better at planning and had thought of something special to celebrate DS10 and DGD7 graduating to the next grades. They will be 100% okay with no celebration but IMHO any reason to celebrate is a good one.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am

Happy birthday to Dee!

Storm has come and gone. For all the lightning strikes showing on the lightningmaps dot org website, we got maybe 2 thunderclaps off in the distances. No visible lightning here.

Dishes are all done and put away and dishwasher is ready for more to be loaded.

I actually did 3 months of expenses while I had the computer off. Putting stuff in date order took me the most time.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 23, 2019 12:17 pm

The barges broke loose again. They are currently floating free heading toward the dam. live video This is like watching a disaster happen in slow motion. The barges weigh 300-400 tons and nothing can stop them. The water is too high so the tugs can't get under the bridges to get to the barges.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Minor change of plans for supper. Dh asked if we could go for fish and chips tonight. I said yes. Meat can go into the fridge.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 pm

I need to check my records for Dee birth date. I had it marked for today.
And as Harmony said, better early than never! A very merry 'un'birthday for sure, Kathryn. I am also happy I am here to celebrate another year on the calendar, Harmony. After all, it's only a number.

Just went out to get the mail. Sent off our change of address from here today. Still battling over the $39.95 I somehow got charged for changing my address for up home for another month. At least it's still a 'temporary credit' on my bank statement. I had disputed the charge and obviously it's taking some time to complete it.

Think I'll fix my lunch, albeit I'm not really hungry at the moment. But I don't want to eat much later.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 23, 2019 1:00 pm

The barges hit the dam and the dam held. Both of the barges sunk. WOW. Who knows what the environmental repercussions will be. They said the barges were loaded with fertilizer.

I need to step away from the news & videos. The good part of having so much access online is that almost instant reports from multiple sources. The bad part is it can become addicting.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”