Friday PWYC Would you rather?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Friday PWYC Would you rather?

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi everyone! I have only 8 minutes left to post so I cannot CUOP. Today was the most boring workday ever and Tuesday will be just like it. Yep, annual training time. At least it is payday and 3 day weekend. DD17 wanted to spend Monday with me but the x said no it was his time. Which is true. I just hope he has something planned rather than having DD and everyone else in the house on hand in case he wants to do something "spontaneous" (usually sitting on butts watching screens). Last night she wanted to pick up supplies for her summer bullet journal and we did. She made her first debit card transaction and I showed her how to log it. Sunday, she will go with me to the planner meeting and then to amusement park. Lunch was with coworkers, so one bright spot today.

I can stop putting eye meds in Ziva YEAH! Tonight, I have decided to go to dance class instead of paint night at church. I need more exercise, I do not need more clutter. I would rather see the church people because my commute means less time with them, not because I don't like the dance class people! But I think my reasoning is sound. Gotta go, carpool awaits.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm back on storm watch for the next couple of hours. Another group of supercells are headed my way with the potential of producing tornadoes. I made the kids come inside and have turned on the digital babysitters to keep them entertained.

DH is home from the hospital. He met with the doctor and the results from today's test sound encouraging. DMIL is sleeping peacefully while new meds are being given.

DSis called and chatted for over 30 minutes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Dinner was easy to make and I have two containers of leftovers in the freezer now for while dh is away. He commented on how good it tasted. There's no sweetener in the sauce, just the pineapple juice and fruit. And the soy sauce will have some sugar in it. The sauce is also not bright orange (it is brown from the soy sauce) and the pork is just browned, not breaded and deep fried so it is quite a healthy way of having sweet and sour pork.

Dh is cleaning up for me and I'm having some tea and watermelon now. I didn't add enough extra veggies so was still hungry after I ate (and waited 30 minutes.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri May 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Happy birthday, Dee!!! :D :D :D Hope you're having a great day!

Would you rather... clean the bathrooms or dust or vacuum? (Apparently I have a lot of trouble with all three of these!)

Would you rather exercise indoors or outdoors? (I haven't seemed to settle on either of these, so I do nothing.)

Today, not much to cheer about but I did manage to
* go to doctor for yearly wellness check-up and then across the street to hospital for bloodwork
* go to post office, pay a bill at City Hall drop-off window
* get lunch for dh, ds, dgs, and myself -- dgd won't eat steak sandwiches and ddil was working (Local cattlemen's assoc. was having their usual Memorial Day weekend sale.)
* go to drug store
* ride around a little while with dh (who fortunately is feeling better today)

In a few minutes, we will go get ddil and dgrands, and go to graduation party for one of dh's cousin's grandchildren. None of us have ever said more than half a dozen words to this boy, I must say, LOL... but the grandparents are close friends as well as cousins, and they are extremely generous to our dgrands on birthdays and Christmas. The grandmother is dh's first cousin, and is also dgs's Sunday School teacher. The mother of the graduate also works at dgs's school. It's just that the graduate & his family don't go to our church, and we don't do a lot of big family gatherings anymore, since dh's parents and aunts and uncles passed away. Sad.

I hope my cousins and I will continue to do things together, even after we become the oldest generation. I think we will, because there's only the two sets of us -- my brother and me and my three cousins who are siblings. In dh's family, there were five sets of siblings, eight cousins total (and only one girl in the bunch) and two have passed away already. One of the remaining cousins lives about three hours away.

OTOH... I'm kinda hoping dcousins DON'T invite to a Memorial Day pool party... because it is SOOOO hot here right now. Unseasonably hot!!! 95 degrees Monday. We leave Tuesday for Atlanta, and dh definitely does not need to do anything strenuous/outdoorsy Monday, but if they do a pool thing, I'll want to take dgrands with ddil... so... I'm hoping I'm actually hoping I'm overlooked this time, LOL.

LadyM -- hope you don't get any additional storms out of this front... and I hope your dmil continues to improve.
People still pull over while a funeral procession passes here, and like you said, no one passes a procession! I'm so glad people still show this measure of respect, even for strangers.
I'm wondering what size shoes dgs wears. NOT 12s, that's for certain! -- but I want to order him some socks I saw with George Washington on them, and I don't think they come in children's sizes.

Elizabeth -- good decision *see above -- I definitely need more exercise!

Blessed -- yeah -- I don't have the heart to do any of it either. Glad I got my vacuuming and bathrooms done, but the dust is still OMM!

Kathryn -- our local "specialty" ice cream shop is very expensive, too! We never go there because it's kinda ridiculous. But mmmmm... chocolate & maple does sound soooo good to me...

Nancy -- so glad you had a nice time with your dfriend!

(((Sunny))) -- packing... ugh... Would you rather PACK or UNpack? ;)

Cathy -- dgs says Subway is his favorite place to eat, and Taco Bell is his second favorite.

Harriet & HRH -- hope your day settles down and you can both have a nice evening!

Dee -- WTG on BS numbers!

This is as far as topic review lets me go and dh is about to be ready to leave. Better sign off for now!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Just bought two tickets for Come From Away. I would have loved to have seen it in NYC but can't go so this will be my consolation prize. Geez these things are expensive! The equivalent of 2 nights at a hotel. I'll try and remember that and do something to make the night more special than our usual dinner out at the mall food court!

The seat selection was minimal. Today is day 1 of the presale period (but Amex presale has already happened) and on opening night the only two seats together were in the last row of the third balcony! We are going on a Tuesday and got box seats so I'm pleased. The boxes are very comfortable, even if you have to share with strangers, since they only hold 8 people. This is a dancing in the aisles show so that means we'll be able to get up and dance.

OK, off to bed now. Dh is pleased because I spent some money on something frivolous.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 24, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi! Very odd day here. Would I rather get up or go back to sleep? Figured out that one quickly today.

Bunch of paperwork this morning, then made a trip down to get my Rx. Pharmacist talked to me about the increase in dosage. Well, someone ordered it off the card I provided with the info on it about my meds... and I had gotten confused and put 20mg instead of 10mg. :o Someone from Drs. office ordered 20mg and she thought maybe Dr. increased it. I'd had blood tests done but she didn't have the information back yet...so someone ordered from my list instead of checking.

I can cut them in half, a pain, but that's what I'm going to do. I'll check for sure in 2 weeks when I go back to see doctor about my lab reports. They shouldn't make mistakes like that. This one wasn't life threatening, but still.. I got confused because they give me 3 bottles for the 90 days and I put them together in a bottle all together with one of the labels. When I figured out DH's meds I mistakenly threw one of my empty bottles out and that was the one with my label on it. I hate when they give me 3 separate bottles for 90 days of meds.

So, I noticed my left eye was sore, a dull ache and felt better when I closed it. So I went to bed and closed my eye... and got up 4 1/2 hours later after a very very nice long nap! At least my eye is 95% less sore now!

I did get a LOL done and hung up and 2 folded.

Return to “Post When You Can”