Friday PWYC Would you rather?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Friday PWYC Would you rather?

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 am

DGD7 is going through the "Would you rather" question phase.

Would you rather dance or sing?

Do you have a "Would you rather" question today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday PWYC Would you rather?

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 am

Yesterday I was practicing for today. :D :lol: :oops:

Happy Birthday Dee!!
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 am

:D Thank you, LadyM! That's great -I get to celebrate another year of waking up again today! Dh and dd went together in March and bought me a F itbit for my birthday & Mother's Day. I'm absolutely loving it. So different than having a pocket pedometer. I'm slowly regaining my step count. Made 7,200 yesterday, but I'm really concentrating on it -without pushing too much. Finished my last antibiotic for my UTI yesterday morning. So hoping it's cleared up. I'll go for another set of labs up home next Thursday or Friday.

Have a visiting nurse coming to our RV on Wednesday afternoon. All part of the follow up for my heart attack. Wednesday morning someone is coming from a hospital to set up my 'life alert' button. Have subscribed to one that will be good wherever I go. At this point we figured that would be the best for me since I'm quite mobile at this point. But also, spend a lot of time up there and here alone. If dh hadn't been here last Thursday I would have been lying on the floor for several hours.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am

Happy birthday Dee!!

Bed is made. Dishes are totally and completely done. I was up early and had a long, hot shower. I really want to absolutely clear the island today and finish the paperwork.

Supper tonight will be subs, AKA Hoagies (?) in the States I think. Dagwoods? Dh suggested this a few days ago. Order them for a 5:30 delivery and leave for bingo at 6.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here. No rain in the forecast and the temperature will go up to 68 degrees F.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 9:55 am

LadyMaverick wrote:Yesterday I was practicing for today. :D :lol: :oops:

LOL!

I'm up.

I woke up at 6:45 which is much better than 8:30 (the normal lately.) I took melatonin last night but was still fairly clear headed this morning. I took a while to get to sleep, though so am short a bit of sleep despite an early bedtime.

Dgs got off with his daddy this morning and will be back in 6 days. Dd is X-ing the days off. She is not convinced she can handle herself and dgd all alone. Lunch and dinner for today are prepared for her and she'll come for dinner at the pub with us tomorrow night. She may or may not sleep over. I'll figure that out in the morning.

I have worked out a plan for today which is mostly paperwork but also includes a walk to the bank. I'm still not s2s and dh is on an unscheduled call so I'm not sure when the walk will be. We need to stop in at a new shop on the high street which is handing out samples of their ice cream today. That will be one of my snacks. Dinner tonight will be sweet and sour pork. Easy and quick to make (the first instruction on my recipe is "Start rice"!) I won't be having the rice but I have tons of veggies to sautee up and serve the pork over. So I'm looking forward to that.

I've done two tasks off my list already so I'll get dressed now, tidy the bedroom and then have my breakfast.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

Sounds good to me, Kathryn. I see dd has boneless pork chops out thawing so guess we're having pork as well. But the sweet 'n sour sounds really good to me. Know dh, dd and I would all like it but not dsonil. He is one VERY finicky eater. Won't even try something. Anything with lemon is a big no-no and we all love lemon anything. And there's plenty more he doesn't like or refuses to try.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 am

Waving Happy Birthday to Dee again!

Dcleaning lady is working her magic here.

I'm working on a shopping list for groceries for today, and another for when we get to the beach on Sunday. We leaving are here tomorrow and driving part way tomorrow and "might" go off the interstate to the peach orchard that is near the nursing home where my sister was (this is near Macon GA, so they are in season already.)

Li&t for today:
-groceries
-clean out car (done, I didn't vacuum because I figured it would be worse when we come home from the beach, but I did wipe things down with armour all and clean up.
-bank: $ for dd who is dog sitting, and quarters for the toll booth at HHI

I think I am taking protein powder and stuff to make my breakfast smoothie there. I can't remember if I've done it before and if the blender is up to it there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 am

My day started smoothly. Sunrise walk at the park accomplished. While I was walking I drank the 24oz bottle of water and picked up a WM bag of trash.

Swimming pool dailies done.

Breakfast prep/served/cleaned up accomplished.

LOL done to put away status.

Monitored kids getting dressed. I brushed and braided DGD7 hair.

DH launched to the hospital to be with DMIL.

I need to get a summer schedule in place for homeschool lessons. I don't want it super strict. Yesterday we ended up doing homeschool in the evening. I'm not a fan of that so need to try something different.

I'm going to take the kids to see DMIL in the hospital and then take them clothes & shoe shopping.

Would you rather.....go clothes shopping or clean toilets?
i would rather clean toilets!
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 am

I am up have been up and down since 3 ish w low bs. Had a nap.
Sheets and bed clothes are in the wash.
I painted some rocks they are drying.
Did my planning last nite.
They nailed it with the fo recast of morning showers.
It is now time for the rest of my meds this morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 11:07 am

I'm s2s and had breakfast. Having my snack now too. I just weight my container of nuts and it is just under an ounce so 150 calories, 3g protein, 2g fibre. No wonder the tiny container of them is so filling! From my WW days and low fat days, I used to avoid nuts so am still a little nervous about making them a regular part of my diet but they work to satiate me (much, much, better than peanut butter.)

I have a load of laundry on. Dd called to confirm our hair appointments on Tuesday (she was going to add one for herself since we'd be there to take over with dgd.) I pointed out she has a therapy appointment that day and agreed I'd go down on Monday or Wednesday and meet her there. I actually don't have an appointment this time, just a drop-in bang trim so I can skip Tuesday entirely if I need more time.

OK, next up will be ironing and mending. Dh needs his favourite shirt mended before he leaves for Africa. And also folding the laundry from Wednesday.

Return to “Post When You Can”