Friday PWYC Would you rather?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Friday PWYC Would you rather?

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 24, 2019 11:09 am

Morning y’all...

My sunnies need their morning watering. Should be a tad warmer today. Then I need to bath Willis which is easy because he loves water, but it does take time. New shampoo the vet gave me to use to help with is allergies. Then it’s another trip to the vets later this morning. Willis is limping on his left front foot. He’s not in pain when you touch or move it and the vet says it’s a symptom of his Valley Fever which can effect Willis’ muscles. The vet retest Willis to see how he is doing with his meds and has decided to double it to see if it will help with Willis’ limping.

I’ll need to make a quick grocery run and then head to the gym later today. I also need to do some laundry.... but,

I’d rather be at the beach :D

Happy Birthday Dee!!!

Perry is calling and so is my second cup of coffee. Happy Memorial Day weekend! Find a way to celebrate and have fun...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Not warm or sunny here. Because the windows are open due to the off-gassing of the carpet, I'm in jeans, a sweater and a shawl. It is 65 in the living room. It was 62 in the kitchen when I got up. On the other hand, the bedroom was 75 because we slept with the windows open but the door shut (to keep out the chemical smell from the carpet.)

I should have done my light therapy this morning but thought I could skip it. That was a mistake.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm

I am struggling to stay focused today. I have been on vacation mode with dd younger home. today I am going to try to do my morning routine and my focus. I haven't vacuumed the first floor in 5 days :shock: ;)

hello

I would rather be sailing on a nice breezy comfortable day! we were supposed to go sailing today, but i had to cancel as the lake air is 45 degrees and it is raining. by my house there is lightning and no wind.
they were nice enough to give me a credit.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 pm

happy birthday TODAY d dee!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 24, 2019 1:16 pm

I'd rather be at the beach too! Or at the Fam History Library, as a facebook friend just posted. I did my errands - realized I also should top off my car with gas so I'll do that in the a.m. I think dh is going on to Torah study and we'll try for noonish get away. I also went for a walk through Tar jay and realize really didn't need any of the little floofy home decor things - I did go ahead and get sunscreen there and a couple of other things.

I'm enjoying my clean (er) car so much!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 24, 2019 1:26 pm

i'd rather not be waiting on meds procedures.

We are much further along than usual in timetable for today. Don't know if the paperwork we brought ourselves made a difference or if complaining to the Dr worked. But it couldn't come at a better time. Hrh is feeling really tired today. If we could get home earlier than expected, that would be great.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri May 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Spent what felt like a very long time cutting the grass in the back and the front. Looked at the clock when I came in and it was slightly over an hour. Maybe an hour and 5 minutes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm enjoying all these b'day wishes -two days in a row. :lol: Practice away, LadyM.

BTW, think I'd rather be dancing -or at least able to do that. I can sing anytime I want to I guess, but dance? not so much.

Just took some t ylenol for a headache I've been fighting. Been doing pretty well with that, but this one just doesn't want to go away.

Dh is getting ready to do the dishes and I think I'll head back to checking what I have or have not packed. Finished putting up my meds for a week, put up meds for Saturday & Sunday in separate containers. I'll put the week's worth in an outside pocket of my suitcase & trust my suitcase follows me home Sunday. I am leaving my computer for dd to bring with her plus another bag. It's too heavy for me to carry & I just don't trust it in my suitcase. Want to be sure it makes it to NY. I plan to take a very light carry on bag this time. Have a LOL already to throw in the washer in the morning. Was going to change the sheets but decided if dd wants to use my bed after she returns here in August, she'll have to change them.

I did send off an order to W mart to be delivered up home -probably Tuesday. Needed new slippers, some paper products, a couple personal items & vitamins & calcium. Figured it was easier to order the slippers than to go buy new ones down here. Hopefully they'll fit.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 24, 2019 1:46 pm

Dee ...
I always carry my meds with me. Your suitcase might make it through but your meds may not. Have a friend who works for the airlines and says some luggage handler look for meds. Just a thought.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 3:03 pm

I got the mending and ironing done. It took longer than planned because dh wanted 2 sleeves sewn for his computer and travel monitor, using the batik material he brought me back last time. So he cut out what he wanted and showed me and we bickered a bit about how it should go together and I did the sewing.

I needed to make a bobbin for my sewing and the clutch wouldn't release. I got dh to try as well and he couldn't get it. I showed him the manual and that it was what I had to do so he eventually got vice grips and loosened it that way. I have no idea how it got over tightened or ceased. Anyway, everything worked fine and the clutch tightened back in place when I was ready to sew so I guess it was one of those things.

I don't sew and pull my machine out only a few times a year but for some reason it is instinctive to me. So when dh questioned if I was trying to turn the right part that blew everything out of my head and I couldn't thread it properly when it was time to sew. The machine broke the thread 3 times before I finally pulled out the manual and followed the instructions. When I changed thread colour later, my body did the threading without my mind engaging, so my instinct returned.

Return to “Post When You Can”