Friday PWYC Would you rather?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday PWYC Would you rather?

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:40 pm

totally understand d harriet!!! praying that your dh's energy comes back today. I know it's worrying! Praying everyday for him!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:44 pm

my home can get so dirty so fast.
I cleaned the door trim in the kitchen
cleaned the door to the garage (inside and out) - it's been 6 months since I did it and it seems like the door had 10 years of dirt and grime.
vacuumed the laundry room and only washed 1/2 ;)
cleaned the top of the fridge
cleaned the cabinet (again) above the stove with dawn soap. I think it helped.
cleaned the inside door again in the laundry room (I had cleaned the 1/2 screen door recently). (to the garden).

time to hand wash the kitchen floor - it's so discouraging how gross it gets - I wish dh would take off his shoes when he comes in the house.
paid taxes and 2 other bills.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Home from a trip to the city. It was a slow trip home because I followed a funeral procession for about 20 miles. They were driving about 50 mph below the speed limit. Traffic was backed up for miles. Even though it was on the interstate with passing lanes available no one passes a funeral procession. The other side of the interstate (going the opposite direction) pulls over to the side of the road and stops their vehicles. Many get out of their vehicle and stand with hat off while the funeral procession passes. I've seen & heard comments from non-local people that this way of showing respect to a funeral procession isn't done where they are from.

I took the kids to see DMIL in the hospital. I was a bit shocked about how bad DMIL looked. She hasn't been able to keep anything down for 6 days. She was laying in bed with her eyes closed and groaning from the pain of the potassium going into her IV. We didn't stay long. DH will stay with DMIL in the hospital until she gets better.

I took the kids PJ shopping and was successful. Then I took DS10 to the shoe store where he was fitted into a SIZE 12 mens shoes. Ugh. Really. Bigger than size 12 shoes get harder to find in stock. Maybe his feet will stop growing. >>>adjusting my rose-colored glasses<<<

I stopped at a DFriends BBQ place on the way home and had him make us a family platter. We won't need to cook this weekend.

Would you rather have big feet or no feet?
Hum,,, change of perspective....suddenly DS10 size 12 feet seem like a blessing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 24, 2019 4:23 pm

I called and got DGD7 signed up for a workshop tomorrow at the library. She will build an alien (stuffed). She loves all kind of stuffed things so I think she will enjoy this workshop. I showed DS10 a picture of the purple alien they will be making and he had no interest in attending the workshop.

DD called and she will come to get DGD7 tomorrow night and keep her overnight. She will return DGD7 Sunday morning.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Yes, I normally do as well, RR. Was checking to see -most of my meds will travel north with dd. I filled 3 week's worth of containers and sent them north with dh back the end of March. I've ordered my new scripts which are waiting up home. Just not sure if I have 2 of them up there so will probably carry those 2 bottles with me. (My diabetic medicine & my cholesterol one). Not sure I said the other day, but I also take 500mg of metformin at night. But when I went in with the heart attack they took me off it (It doesn't like the kidneys) and was still off it when I went back in last Thursday. However my BS has been mostly well below 100 every morning and barely over a few other mornings. Dr. up home has decided I can stay off it till I see her on June 5th. I'm keeping track daily and will take my list to her. My hope is to discontinue this one.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm

hello d rose, d birthday girl dee, d harriet, d lady, d kathryn, d cathy, d nancy, d harmony, d lucy, d everyone!!!

finished my home blessing in the dining room.
finished the washing of the kitchen floor
flip flopped laundry
I am not enjoying myself 8-) when i don't do the dailies - my home is harder to keep up with.
next home blessing in the front hall.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Happy Birthday Dee! ♥

Hello everyone. I am taking a short break now. Today I have been going through my clothes and packing all my winter clothes (sweaters, blue jeans, winter PJs, etc.) I have another basket started for donations. I would rather be doing almost anything else than packing! But we are making progress.

Our county's schools last day is May 29th. Ddil#2 says she can't wait!

I have also been keeping an eye on the weather. It is currently 91*, no clouds here. TWC mentioned a forest fire in the northeast of our state, so I guess our fire season has started. Still thinking of all who are experiencing severe weather and/or flooding.

Cathy, dh and I call them Sub sandwiches also; never did use the term hoagie. Once in a long while we will get a foot-long sub from Subway and split it in half for either lunch or supper.

(((Harriet & dh))). hope you are able to get home quickly so dh can rest.

Lady M, I am sorry to hear your DMIL is still in the hospital.

Well now, my break is long over; I was cuop while typing. However, DMinnie is telling me it is time for her supper...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Coffee with a friend went well decided we should do that again.
I am working on putting sheets back on the bed.
Putting away clothes also oops found a damp spot with a not dry t shirt in it.
H called while I was on the way to the store had lunch with him instead.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Dh and I went over to the bank and I paid a bill and he picked up the cash for his month on Africa. It is a cash based economy, based on US$.

Then we checked out the new ice cream shop. I had a maple/chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream cone. It was very good. I had gone for the free samples and had one with Turtles candy coating. Then dh ordered a regular sized dipped cone, not understanding that all of the dips were chocolate based (they just said the non-chocolate ingredient) so he couldn't have it. He ended up with just a caramel sundae, nothing exciting at all. It was expensive ($9), we will not be going back.

From there we went to the outdoor store to pick up his new hiking boots. He's wearing them now inside to see if they'll do. I wore mine this morning (running the sewing machine pedal in hiking boots is hard!) After about 1/2 mile of steps inside, they seemed fine so I wore them on the 2.5 mile walk this afternoon. They are comfortable but a bit warm. Still, they feel like I've worn them for ages, not just today. And they are staying tied up (my current boots are untying all the time.)

I also picked up some bike/hiking accessories (new light, reflective sash, tick puller) and dh got his electrolyte tablets for the trip.

Next was to pick up milk at the store. And the mail from the mail room on the way upstairs.

It was low 60s and dreary when we left but the sun came out and warmed up things while we were out so we were both overdressed.

I'm taking a break in the shady side of the apartment with every door opened wide. I've also started defrosting the meat for dinner. Not hungry due to the cone, but must start cooking soon if I'm to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:22 pm

I just don't have the heart to do the bathrooms or the upstairs home blessing. I figure I will just have to let it go until next week.
flip flopped laundry again
folded and put away done
emptied dw
cleaned sink again
surface home blessing done in the family room.

Next: take shower
clean out purse for tomorrow - put tickets in purse
give girls a 1/2 earlier time for leaving
figure out what time to leave at
do paperwork

hi d sunny!

Return to “Post When You Can”