Getaway Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Getaway Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 25, 2019 8:19 am

It's Getaway Saturday for me and Dee. She is heading north, and I'm heading to the beach. It's a holiday weekend in the U. S. too.

We can make our own little getaway by taking a little extra time today for a nap, or meditation, or a walk in the outdoors. How do you "Getaway" when you need a break from it all?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Getaway Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 25, 2019 8:34 am

Dh has gone to Torah study and will be home around noon. I need to do my a.m. routine and pack and do the last minute things on my list. I've left a note for dd and house is in good shape already.

I had to reboot my fitbit yesterday and I suspect it's exaggerating my steps now. I'll hit my goal for the week if I get a little more than 3K steps today and tomorrow. I'm still deciding if I want to ditch the goal for the week at the beach, or get up early for walks. I love sleeping in, and it's just too hot and sunny to walk later in the day.

I need to be careful not to go on too many tangents this a.m. I don't have a huge amount of stuff on my list, but need to keep my mind on what I'm doing.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am

DD & DH were off to the Orlando airport about 4:30am. Too early for me. Guess dh got off alright. He had a tough time in Security in Rochester when he flew down. Had to take everything, including his hanky, out of his pockets. Then his belt, then had to drop his jeans. He has 2 knee replacements and the reverse shoulder replacement from last summer. And they don't give out cards any more showing where/when implants were done. It's my turn in the barrel tomorrow. But my flight doesn't leave until 1:45pm from Orlando. It's a direct flight & I should be in Rochester by 4:30. Our neighbor is picking dh up today. DS-R had planned to pick him up when he was to fly this past Tuesday. But then all my hospital stuff happened & dd was able to get him on a flight today. DS-R is refereeing box lacrosse games today out toward Buffalo.

Youngest DS-A called Dh yesterday to see if he would 'come over' to dewinterize their motorhome. He was surprised to learn dh was still down here. I did tell dh, "You need to tell him -watch what I do so you can do it. I might not always be available. -like now?" Dh has to work when he gets back to camp this afternoon. But he'll go to ds's later today. Plus he has 4 weeks work to do in our RV in less than 24 hours. :lol:

Put a large LOL in first thing and it's time to rescue it & send it to the dryer.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 am

Had to take everything, including his hanky, out of his pockets. Then his belt, then had to drop his jeans.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh my.

My day is off to a good start. Sunrise walk, 24oz bottle of water drank and trash picked up making a full WM bag. I am pleased that the trash on the ground in our little town park is almost zero now. I feel like I have made a teeny-tiny difference. The school kids spent days in the park this past week and they picked up after themselves mostly. But there were little pieces of trash here and there. Little pieces of trash add up when spread over several acres.

Last week the lady who is coordinating our NYC trip (in September) asked me what sights we wanted to see. This is probably our only trip to NYC in our life so I'm wanting to see everything. Seeing everything won't be possible because of time limitations but hopefully, she will arraign it so we can see and experience as much as possible.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 25, 2019 10:20 am

Hi!

I would like to get away from all this rain. We had a massive thunderstorm earlier with one lightning strike within a mile of us.

My hall is finally finished!! Painter came over and put a second coat on the inside of the door. With the 3 of us here, we also re-installed the shelving unit.

There are no dishes to do at all. I am not making the bed, as dh naps on and off during the day.

We are having something with ground beef and ground pork tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 25, 2019 10:25 am

LadyM, Here's my list of low-cost/free things to do in NYC:

I love walking along the Highline Park. That's not necessarily a 'site' but it is a lovely way to see some of the city from a different angle.

Take the Staten Island Ferry.

Go see the Winnie the Pooh original stuffed animals that belongs to Christopher Robin at the NYC Children's Library.

Take the cable car over to Roosevelt Island.

I like going to the farmer's market in Union Square (you can use washrooms and grab more to eat off the hot buffet from the Whole Foods that faces onto it.)

The Tenement Museum is neat as well for something off the beaten track. I've honestly never been to any of the 'big' museums or galleries in NYC because that doesn't interest me.

Walk around a section Central Park.

Mainly just walk, walk, walk. There is so much to see and the scenery changes every block or two. (So not like driving through Texas!)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat May 25, 2019 10:29 am

Swimming pool daily chores are done. Later today I've got to spend at least an hour at the swim pool dumping water. So. much. water.

We got 2.3" of rain during the night. My FB is full of DFriends posting pictures of flooding. We have been spared in this part of the state when compared to other parts of the state. Our state has had over 50 tornadoes this week. Because the air cap was cool most of the tornadoes were little ones. It could have been much worse. Most of the damage is from flooding. It's not over yet because they are predicting rain every day in the 10-day forecast.

Time to take DGD7 to the workshop. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 25, 2019 10:34 am

I woke up after 7:30 with a start. So a long sleep (almost 9 hours with just one pee break.)

Since then, I've done nothing.

My getaway will be preparing getaway locations today.

I'll get my bike ready to ride. It needs to be cleaned, tires pumped and then lubricated. Once the cleaning and tires are done, I'll take it to a bike repair station 3 blocks away and mount it on that so I can do the lubricating. Please note, I have no idea what I'm doing, only that it needs to be done.

I'm also finally ready to get the balcony set up. Over a month later than usual and I'm not sure I'll put out plants yet. We have finally broken our streak for days with low temperatures under 10*C (50*F). Yesterday the low temperature overnight was 10.4*C so after 244 days we finally had a warm night. The heat normally doesn't get turned off until the lows are over 10 but they turned it off on Wednesday. Please note, the heat is normally turned off the first week of May. And my balcony is set up (without plants but so we can sit out) by the end of April. Today was the first day that I would have considered sitting out to have my tea and chocolate (it is not quite 60 but sunny.)

Cathy has now warned me that the rain in the forecast is likely to come so I'll have my breakfast now and then get to work on the balcony.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 25, 2019 10:42 am

I believe blessed also has travel in her day?

Bon voyage to any and all who are treking today and tomorrow.

Well, there's no getaway here, but there's gratitude for being home. Yesterday's "getaway" was to a stressful location, I guess. However, HRH and I have gotten so good at this we know some helpful hints. Also, we had an attentive nurse on duty (last time we had someone questionable, who took little responsibility). We also had a very experienced tech we've had before, who handles her work so efficiently. And, possibly, having the hard-copy of orders in hand helped - don't know.

But we were home by 5:00 p.m. The earliest time ever, and a very welcome change.

We arrived to see dstepson mowing our lawn - he had intended to get it done and disappear before we got home.

Something else that helped me was never having to go in search of food. I had carried a huge salad with baggied toppings that were filling, and a big serving of kitchary casserole, brought some fresh fruit also.

Dd and I went out for an evening grocery run for some things HRH thought would make him feel a little better. Number one on the list :
watermelon, lol. Dd either talked a mile-a-minute about her friends and school, or insisted I listen to some new music she likes. it was rest because it was a change of occupation.

This morning has normalcy (happy sigh)
Morning Daily Card is done well
Exercise accomplished

I'm a little at loose ends about my "Next Up", and I think that a good thing. It means I've jumped the hurdles of preparation and come to rest on the other side without knocking anything over.

Yesterday as we turned onto our road, HRH said, "Well, YOU got through all MY treatments." ;) - it has felt like that at times.

Obvious "Next Up" direction ... .. my house looks a sight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:53 am

happy travel day for d twins and d dee!!!

waving good morning to you all before I head out!
hello d harriet - yay on normalcy, d twins, d dee, d kathryn, d lady, d cathy, and all that come in and all of our d SHE'S

I knock on wood will be going to see a play downtown.

dd younger is out having coffee with a df and hopefully 8-) ;) be here on time to go downtown
(I gave both of them the wrong time that we have to leave (I never do that - there is a bit of guilt in that but both dd's push the time limits and beyond without meaning too - it's always last minute - "my hairs not dry", wait 5 minutes etc. ) - a half hour early).

heading to finish my morning routines, bathroom routines, and laundry routines.
clean out my purse and use another and put tickets in it.
maybe if I have time --- finish my home blessing upstairs. (I didn't do home blessing on Monday (on purpose - skipped the week). and am did it early for next week).

wishing you the best!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”