Getaway Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Getaway Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 pm

I would love to see NYC. It’s strange, because I’m generally so paranoid and timid about everything, but I do enjoy a day or so of what y’all refer to as the “energy” of the city. Even Nashville, Atlanta, or New Orleans — and that is sooo strange, because anyone would know that my prudish Southern Baptist roots can find MUCH to disapprove of in New Orleans, of all places, but I love it! I love being by the river, the history, and of course, the FOOD! ;)

No energy here today, that’s for sure. If it is possible to d less than I have done today, one would have to be a snail. An incredibly lazy snail.

And we were not out late at all last night — although we stayed up late watching a movie on tv. Had a wonderful time at the cousin’s grad party. Mostly family. I love dh’s family.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2019 5:27 pm

I am in the prpcess of painting a sm. shelf, and tool kit child's sized box.
It has been fun. H got the mower ready to use, grass is still too wet however.
I weeded in front of one flower bed out front.
The sun came out & I got the mowing done.
Had dinner it was good.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat May 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 25, 2019 7:16 pm

We have had 3 major storms in terms of torrential rain, thunder and lightning. It's also humid/"sticky" out in between the actual stormy parts, so not a fun day weather wise.

Dh fixed the BBQ and we had hamburgers that he made for supper. Dh thought we needed a new BBQ after a fire inside of it the other night. He went and bought a new hose for around $80. Better than the price of a new BBQ. Dh has wanted new parts for quite a while now, but we can't find the thick grills that he wanted. He found thick ones today but they weren't large enough.

I ran the dishwasher earlier. I have to empty it. I might do a load of laundry later IF we retain power. We lost the tv signal off of our antenna a while ago, but it's back now.

My dd and my sister both love, love, love NYC. I've never been there, nor do I desire going there. Honestly, I don't really desire travel to anywhere ever since that non vacation in March. There was some discussion regarding a possible trip somewhere in September, but then dh mentioned that a friend has invited him goose hunting in the fall. Right now I don't even want to go to Cuba.

A bright spot in my day involved sitting in my recliner in my library with my cat in my arms during an earlier storm. I could smell the lilacs that dh brought home with him last night and I honestly felt like I was in paradise in that moment in time. The sound of the rain on the steel roof, the cat purring against my chest and the scent of my favourite spring blossom... Heaven!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:47 pm

hello dear ones! just got home (7:39pm)

We saw west side story - great cast and I hope to see the young man who played the character, Tony, at the Tony's one day :D. The girl who played Anita was perfect. really good! It wasn't my favourite movie but the girls and I really enjoyed the play! the choreography was amazing.

The city was bustling, in a good way. There was a large gathering of police, military and people having a Memorial day celebration.

We ended up eating at an Argentina restaurant. In the end, it was a really lovely day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Lovely Cathy:
A bright spot in my day involved sitting in my recliner in my library with my cat in my arms during an earlier storm. I could smell the lilacs that dh brought home with him last night and I honestly felt like I was in paradise in that moment in time. The sound of the rain on the steel roof, the cat purring against my chest and the scent of my favourite spring blossom... Heaven!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 25, 2019 9:38 pm

We had a nice dinner with dd and dgd. She had to rush at the end because buses to her neighbourhood are not frequent and one was leaving in 7 minutes. She made the bus.

On our walk home, dh found a sock that had shaken off dgd (she was in a carrier, not a stroller) so I texted dd and she thanked me for letting her know we had it because it saved her the walk back to her bus stop once home in case it had fallen off on the last part of the trip.

Dh and I watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (first two episodes) and are enjoying it greatly.

Now to bed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Success dgd stopped by with her graduation announcement, I was glad I had her gift and card ready so we could watch her open it!
Yea! She liked the note books, journal, purse sized planner, pens and eversharp type pencils, and various school supplies I had for her to use in collage.
Told my friend about it and she thought that was a great idea!

I made deviled eggs this evenig. Made muffin s this morning.
Cut pages for my day planner for June.

Return to “Post When You Can”