SOARING SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SOARING SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 am

Well it's soaring above the clouds for me at any rate. To what heights are you "soaring" today?

I'm up, s2s, T-med taken, bed made & have things ready to go in my carry on bag. Nobody else is up yet. DD and I plan to leave here shortly after 9 (it's 7:30am right now) so have time to slowly get ready. Plan to stop in Lake Alfred for breakfast and then on to the Orlando airport. Reminder to self -need to text dh of arrival time & flight #. DD is going to go in with me so she can take the 2 suitcases. I'm supposed to have a wheelchair and expect that will happen at the curb. DD's hoping to be able to wheel me all the way to my gate. I never could manage walking all the distance, shuttle, then walk again. Last time I almost paid extra for the 'early bird seating' and ended up not doing that. A good thing as Swest boards their wheel chair customers first & you have the pick of your seat. My one fear is having to take that potty break. I'm not real good on level STILL ground, but when it comes to walking in an airborne plane -not so much.

Wanted to do this last bit on my computer and then will close it up and put it in the living room. DD will bring it with her next week. I will take my Ipad in my carry one. For all the angst dh went through in security coming down, he told the TSA agent he had 2 knee replacements, 1 shoulder replacement, 10 heart stents, and wiring from open heart for his aorta valve replacement. Right on through. He has always said that the toughest security for him was Rochester, NY and Israel. I hope to sail through as well.

Have a good day everyone. Hope to be able to post at least some from Ipad throughout the week. Hoping Twins had safe travels yesterday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SOARING SUNDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:58 am

Good morning d dee! Thank you so much for starting us!
have a wonderful Flight!

congratulations to d nancy's grand daughter on her graduation!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:23 am

I woke at 5:35 am and everyone in my home are sound asleep.
dd younger came down for cough drops as her allergies hit home when she came home ;)

I really have to start! dd younger is visiting with an old friend today but I will attempt to have her really look at her stuff that is left in the 3 season room.

On Sundays I don't vacuum the floors throughout the house but I may since I didn't do it yesterday.
I may go and buy new clippers for the garden - I had no idea but my old clippers (I didn't clean them after each cutting - spread canker disease all over my beautiful climbing rose. I have to finish cutting down the dead canes but the constant rain has made that project difficult.

I am not sure if the rain will hold off so that I can work outside. Something tells me the mosquitos are going to be very busy this season! I am glad I got my screens fixed.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 26, 2019 9:05 am

I'm up with a slow start. I don't exercise on Sunday so it seemed strange to not get out the door first thing.

DD called last night and postponed getting DGD7 until this morning. She will come to get her and spend a few hours together later today.

I'm going to pass on going to church today. We have a guest speaker that I've heard a couple of times before and his sermons are so dry and boring that it was a struggle to stay awake.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 am

I'm up and was out on the balcony to cheer on the first of the marathon runners that go by underneath me. Then I sat down to have tea and chocolate. It was idyllic for about 10 minutes and then the wind shifted so I came inside.

I could not decide about church so made a decision not to go. I reserve the right to change my mind and show up for the bbq after.

I will get dressed now, then breakfast.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:34 am

HELLO D LADY, HELLO D KATHRYN TOO

how fun - cheering on the marathoners.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:35 am

spent most of my morning clearing out space on my computer. I had norton scan my computer and it says I have 4 items that they can't seem to delete. I have been having trouble with my computer. I think I have to stop by apple.

ta ta for now. best day to you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

Up around 4 ish, the dog has been getting up with the birds needing out to pee.
I sat there for a bit aited for her but decided to stay up.
Journaling & planning is done.
I have been slowly doing a pupa getting craft & painting stuff put away.
H is still asleep.
Have a great day everyone as you soar about!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 26, 2019 10:09 am

The storms last night were fierce. More tornados. None touched down in our immediate area. There was a tornado causing 2 deaths about 50 miles from me. I am becoming numb to the storms. There is a limit of being on high alert and then it just doesn't register. We are in the target again today. Our weather forecast.... Risk today (Sunday 5/26) is substantial. I cannot remember a pattern like this. Not when considering the level of risk and relentlessness of day after day in the same areas.

DD came and got both kids and took them out to get donuts. Then she brought them back, gave hugs and kisses then left. The kids are happy because they have donuts. That is a rare treat in our home. DGD7 seems perfectly okay that DD didn't spend much time with her. I prefer to look at the blessing side and ignore the other viewpoint. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Dee - I hope your travel goes smoothly today. Twins too!

I harvested 6 plants of broccoli this morning from the garden. I washed it and put into the freezer to be used in a stir fry. Freshly harvested broccoli is incredibly tender when compared to store-bought.

Menu planning is heavy on my mind. I am totally failing at it and feel the need to have improvement.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi!

We went to Rona and Home Depot looking for heavy duty cast iron grills to replace ours. We ended up with stainless steel ones. Looked at the barn doors again. Looked at the louver bi-fold doors again. Hope we get them done before too long.

Dh will be having a fish that a friend gave him. I will have either tuna or salmon with mayo and chives from the garden.

Roomba is doing her thing. I have burnt a lot of cardboard and newspaper this morning. I have a large load of dark stuff going in the washer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”