US Memorial Day, PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: US Memorial Day, PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:46 pm

lucy - exercise self compassion for yourself - forgive yourself when you feel down about yourself - it's a negative habit.

nobody's perfect - perfectionism is what we heard from others - no one is perfect!!!

take the pressure off yourself

and listen to everything we say about you YOU ARE A JOY!!!

say something nice about yourself when you lean on the negative. it's a habit.

5 minutes a day - not sundays toss only one thing a way - toss in a bag for donations - anything! it slowly gets you into the habit!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:54 pm

worked outside until it started to pour. thrilled that I got plants transplanted. (not all)
shower is done!

I have to vacuum the bathroom as I brought dirt from the outside to the inside 8-)
I think I will do my paperwork
maybe do some summer planning

worked on chapter 1 on math book
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 27, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 27, 2019 3:17 pm

I've done everything on my list except "get out of the apartment" and mop the kitchen floor. The latter can wait. I had suggested a walk earlier to dh but we had to wait for his A-river order to arrive.

I also went through my indoor plant stuff bin and took out items that didn't spark joy so that's a small part of Konmari done.

I will take out the meat to defrost now. Dd is trying to decide if she wants to bus or drive. It is a minimum of 45 minutes to bus (best case) and will be packed because of rush hour commuters. The highway will also be packed and about 45 minutes, but her drive home will only be at most 30 minutes, whereas the ride on a bus will definitely be 45 minutes and that's only after she gets on the bus (she has to time her departure from here to coincide with the correct bus.) The bus will cost $7/ The gas for the drive will be $3. So, for me it is a no-brainer. On Saturday she bused but that allowed her to have a drink at dinner. Tonight there won't be alcohol so that's not a reason. She is just so opposed to taking the car anywhere.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Clutter is not a big problem here — I mean there is LOTS of space all around. Dgrands actually chase each other all around the house riding a Cozy Coupe and like-size three-Wheeler!

My main problem is finding the energy and motivation to get moving. I truly am quite happy reading a book, watching tv, of playing on the phone/surfing the Internet.
And yes, since ddad was such a hyper-active workaholic, with very high expectations for me (and everyone else in his circle) I totally have this inner voice always criticizing myself.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOO SOOOO MUCH for your reassurance!!!!

I DO HAVE TA-DAs TODAY:
My top 3, all done —
* packed clothes for tomorrow
* talked to dmom, found phone number she needed, got her advice re: some land we’re selling
* Swiffer-dusted den and hallway while watching Hoarders (approx 30 min)
PLUS
* exercised while watching Hoarders (15 min)

LOL — still sitting here in the T-shirt I slept in, but I AM proud of me this morning!
You ladies are so wonderful. Thank you again!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Home from the city.

I picked up DGS22 and he went with us. By the time we were done, DGS22 was more than ready to get out of our noisy vehicle.
DGS22: "How can you stand the noise of them all the time?"
Me: "I turn my Nana filters on and I don't listen to most of it. "
DGS22: "They talk too much!"
Me: "They remind me of how much you talked when you were a child"
DGS22: "I'm ready to go home where it is quiet"

We visited DMIl in the hospital. She looks worse than she did 2 days ago. I told DH to see if they have hair stylist services available at the hospital and to hire someone to do her hair. DMIL has always kept her hair done perfectly and I know it would make her feel better to not have it in a mess.

List buy at Sam's was quick and easy. I gave the kids $$ to buy lunch at the deli and eat while DGS22 and I filled the cart. We all finished at the same time.

DGS22: Why are you buying so much stuff? You just bought some of this 2 weeks ago.
Me: Because we have 83 thousand hungry kids at our house and the food evaporates.
DGS22: Why do you let them have friends over all the time? DGS24 and I didn't have friends over all the time when we lived with you.
Me: We lived in the country then! There were no neighborhood kids to come over!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Dusted dining room during commercial.

LOL at dgs22, LadyM!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon May 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Lucylee when I first moved out of Mike's and got my own place, I could "hear" him telling me to "get up off your lazy ... and do something!" even if I had worked for 14 hours driving all day and supper was about to be served. He honestly thought that I should be cleaning out drawers and cupboards and closets to wipe them down and then put it all back in AFTER a 14 hour work day and getting up at 5 a.m. My mantra to do anything, even skip making the bed or doing dishes was "I'm allowed!!" I cannot tell you how long it took for me to untrain myself from the way M treated me for 20 years. Honestly, I used to break down into tears because all of a sudden I didn't have to buy a certain brand of toilet paper or a certain dish soap. My dh would tell me that blue looked good on me, and I would cry because M never told me I looked good in anything except oversized black clothes that hid my figure/body/shape. Buying colourful clothes became "I'm allowed." and so did buying clothes that I wanted, even if they were form fitting. I finally found stuff I loved... sorry I went off on a tangent.

When you "hear" the negative things in your head, remind yourself that you are allowed to sit and read for 30 minutes, or you are allowed to watch Jeopardy, or whatever YOU want to do. We all only get this one life, and we are all allowed to rest and relax.

My dh literally took the day off yesterday because he had to. He hadn't just slept/napped a day away in a while. I feel guilty when I do it 2 days in a row, but sometimes the house can just coast. As long as you give yourself a deadline to get up and get doing stuff again, take it easy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 27, 2019 4:31 pm

After lunch h. Grilled unsuccessfully cooking burgers to only half done, dog was thrilled to score these. I told him last time mine was this way as well
the homemade ones just take longer bc they are thicker. I had him come back into the kirchen while I cleaned up after coasting with breakfast chores so we could talk.

Then I did some journaling, used up a pen, glad I had a refill on hand yea for planning adead.

I did another rou d of decluttering on the paper tiger, it is almost down to a managable size now yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 27, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Cathy — (((HUGS))) — YES!
My ddad is not critiquing my life anymore — and truth be told, y’all, I KNOW with 100% certainty, my ddad was so proud of me he could have burst! He was proud of my work, he was proud of our home, he was proud of ds — he LOVED to tell people I was his daughter whenever he met someone I might have taught in school or anything like that.
BUT... the man was a perfectionist.

A quote from Gone with the Wind fits — perfectly, ;) — according to my dmom:

Whom Mammy loved, she chastened. And, as her love for Scarlett and her pride in her were enormous, the chastening process was practically continuous.

Dmom says that totally sums up how my ddad felt about me.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon May 27, 2019 5:19 pm

I filled in the June monthly calendar. There isn't a single day without scheduled activity. No really what I wanted to see but it is what it is.

Before I get too focused on June I need to keep my thoughts on this week.

Two birthday parties this week. I've given up on trying to buy gifts for the kids' friends. I put the green paper in a birthday card and consider the gift done. I haven't heard any complaints or seen any disappointment when they see the gift. #KISS

Two doctors appointments this week. Plus supporting DMIL while she is in the hospital.

Both kids have a day camp to attend this week.

We have a day off from bad weather! Nothing bad predicted for today. I'm ignoring the storm prediction for tomorrow and Wednesday. Maybe they will go away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”