Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue May 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Thank you for the hugs and understanding. I should have hired a bookkeeper back in September. I honestly thought I could do this. Hopefully we can make a change and make this work. I really hope the accountant, who is a friend of dh's doesn't rip much of a strip off of him. It's not going to be a fun conversation.

I unloaded the dishwasher and washed all the dirty pots and lids. Table is already set.

Cat has been snuggling AND at one point licked my wrist after a delightful head bunt. (AKA a head butt, but I was corrected on a FB page many months ago regarding the "real" name. My cat rarely licks me unless I have a teeny tiny dab of butter on my fingertip. Either that or cheesie dust. We had nice cuddles which helped me feel better.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 pm

We are in our hotel in Atlanta. I drove the last 2.5 hours, missed my exit because GPS was confusing me, got really nervous, etc... but we’re here now, resting before the game.

(((Cathy)))

LadyM — (((Hugs))) re: dmom and dmil.

Thanks for the start today, blessed; perfect thoughts for me to hold in my mind!

I’d say my best tools are the
OMM master list for the week,
daily top three, and
daily checklist.
I need a
monthly calendar to keep everything on track,
and the declutter checklist (borrowed that idea from LadyM!) will help me see what I’ve done and what comes next.
My 3x5s serve as reminders, especially for tasks that are not daily/weekly. It’s easy to forget when those were last done without the 3x5 to document it!
That sounds like a complicated system, but I think I’m learning to manage if a little better, with the help of you ladies!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 28, 2019 5:45 pm

I have done a few odds and ends here. H. Is home. I need to think about dinner.
I am enjoying a show on Netflicks called High Seas, it is a murder mystery.

I got the beds watered in back.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm

DS10 has been complaining about his ear hurting for the past few hours. I called the pediatrician and was able to get him worked in this afternoon. DS10 has an ear infection. The doc gave him an antibody prescription. When I took it to get filled the pharmacist said "let me check because I think this is going to be expensive" He had me use my phone to go online to the medication place and apply for a discount. I appreciate him taking the time to reduce the cost. Instead of $269 we paid $30.

While we were in the city I went by the hospital to check on DMIL. She had just returned to her room from MRI and was being evaluated by the therapist. They spent almost an hour with DMIL asking questions to evaluate different symptoms. DMIl passed them all.

I came home to get DH some fresh clothes, his meds and phone charger. DH is going to spend the night in the hospital with his DMom.

When I got off the interstate to come home the sides of the highway was lined with storm chasers. It is never a good sign when the storm chasers are in your town.

So I'm stuck at home because ANOTHER STORM is over us. I'm waiting for it to pass so I can go back to the city and take this stuff to DH. Currently, there is a tornado dropped down 4 miles from me.

While we were gone to the city this afternoon the dogs destroyed the back storm door. They tore a metal door apart!! We didn't get here fast enough and they were freaking out from the storm approaching.

Overall this day is going well, in that it could have been disasters that haven't happened. But OH MY GOODNESS.....it has been one thing after another the entire day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Oh! ((LadyM and frightened dogs)) ((other hugs for LadyM, dh and ds10)

Cathy, in the midst of a tough day, you got such a nice baked gift. That's 8-) . Hope the rest of the day is good.

Today has been difficult here. I have given up on several plans. Dd is going out with me when she gets home, because HRH is running out of some med stuff. He will probably be asleep by then. He's had to take the second of the really tough nausea/pain remedy he's been trying to avoid. We found out a few days ago, when he first tried it, that it knocks him out. So he made sure to have a pretty good supper early - a few small simple servings. So I made stewed potatoes, variety toss salad and great northern beans with onions.

A friend visited him today with several small tech/computer gifts, very nice. Friend was cheery and didn't stay too long.

Anyway, I got a second load of laundry done, spiffed the front bath, changed a set of linens, swept the front rooms, fielded phone calls, got a get-well card into the mail. Doesn't sound like much. Oh, I renewed my driver's license online - that was progress.

Tomorrow I have my physical. They called today to tell me I'd been told wrong in being asked to come 15 minutes early; it's not necessary because I'm not a new patient. I appreciated that - every 15 minutes helps.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 7:22 pm

For the first time this year we went into the cellar. The tornado sirens were going off in our little town. The person who does the sirens doesn't sound them unless he actually sees a tornado.

I found another use for the security cameras on the outside of the house. I used them in live mode while we were in the cellar to see what was happening outside the house.

ANYway, we came through another supercell storm without damage. I haven't checked our rain gauge yet (it is still raining hard) but they said we got another 2-3" of rain so flooding is our worst problem.

I'm going to load up the stuff to take to DH and head back to the hospital. I want to be back home before dark in a couple of hours.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 28, 2019 8:30 pm

LadyM! Eeeek! Hope this is the end of the scary weather!

Y’all... I just hate to be sitting at a ballgame when it is so hot that you feel like you’re sitting in a wet bathing suit. SMH... maybe other people don’t have this problem?
We are in the shade and there’s a little breeze, but still. Ugh.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 pm

LOL — sorry if that was TMI...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 10:34 pm

LucyLee - I hope you don't get a sunburn. Sending cool thoughts your way.

I'm back from the hospital. I took the items to DH and got him situated for the night. He will be sleeping in a chair tonight next to his DMom's bed.

I drove through water running over the road. I don't like doing that but it was less than a foot deep and I'm in a tall vehicle. We have so much water. There isn't a place for it to go. Our little town sewer system is flooded. You can smell raw sewage when you are outside. eeewwwe. The sewer manholes have water & ??? pouring out of them and running down the streets and ditches. Definitely not good.

Our cellar has about a foot of water in it. I've never seen it like this. I pumped water out of the cellar for about an hour until the septic system was so full that it wouldn't take anymore. I'll try again tomorrow.

I got DS10 ear doctored. It took about 30 minutes to do it (soak, suck, soak, suck, then saturate). The doctor said to do it every 2 hours but I'm exhausted and don't think I can stay up. DS10 isn't in pain now so I'm going to sleep.

Sweet dreams
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue May 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Thanks for the updates, LadyM, even though some sound very worrisome. Sounds like you and dh are handling the hospital situation the best you possibly could.

Glad to see Lynlee got to check on us today.

And glad (because I checked to see) that Sadie got to check on us a few weeks ago. She was on my mind.

Now I've got Dove on my mind. Hmmm... ..

Return to “Post When You Can”