Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 am

Our perfectionist thinking from past experiences makes us think that we are not doing enough. Don't listen to that!!!! That's someone else voice that isn't you... you don't need to reinforce the negative.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING!
YOU CAN'T DO EVERYTHING - EVEN IF YOU TRICK YOURSELF IN BELIEVING THAT OTHERS ARE - THEY AREN'T - TRULY THEY AREN'T!*

Today: Simplify what you actually can do. Don't over-goal!

Remember Kimmy of She's in her apron: PIE progress is enough (but simplify what you think is progress - it's not everything!).

*my dearest d sil is super born organized. She doesn't try to do everything but she has a workable plan. I used to think she worked non stop on her home, her fitness, her projects. Not at all. She informed me that she does a little at a time (she actually does that). She has a basic flexible routine and plan in place but she still has fun, (visits with friends )and her home is lovely. Don't think the other side of the septic tank is greener on their side. (erma Bombeck years ago.) (in other words - the grass isn't greener in someone else yard.

What works for you to keep it simple?
5 x 5's
planners
decluttering
not having so many things on your calendar sot that you don't get buried

Simple will still get things done (no perfection!)

'
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue May 28, 2019 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Re: Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 9:50 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start and excellent reminders.

Our day didn't start well. The phone rang before 6am to tell DH that DMIL has had a stroke. He got dressed and headed to the hospital.

I couldn't do my sunrise walk because no one was here to watch the kids. Later DD came to spend an hour with DGD7 so I took that opportunity while she was here to go for my walk.

DGD7 accidentally knocked her new cup off the counter and broke it. That greatly disappointed her and the tears flowed.

DGS11 called and asked DS10 to play a game with him. When DS10 turned on the TV screen half of it is dark. I'm guessing the TV is about to quit.

We need a reboot of this day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:55 am

hi!
Dh and I are taking dd to the airport. Prayers are starting :D :!: trying to look at the good for her. dd older stayed her last night so she could say goodbye to dd younger.
then heading to the flower shop as I want a couple more white phlox.
then heading to hardware store (pick up screens) and home depot (geraniums - there is a place here that has 49cent geraniums; so we may stop there first.). I am looking into drip systems, as well.

we can't seem to get out of the rain cycle here. Our ground is soaked.

today my hope:
dailies
if rain: work on family room
if no rain: work in garden

I have 2 phone calls

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:56 am

oh my gosh - I am praying, d lady, for your dh's dearest mom!!!

I am officially re-booting your day. It's new - start again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 28, 2019 10:11 am

Blessed: whenever we get a grey day (today is another with rain although apparently the sunrise this morning at 4:30 was spectacular) I think of you. I'm pretty sure I've had a few more nice days than you but I can hear the weariness in your posts and I'm sure dd younger leaving isn't the only reason you are feeling bleak.

I'm up. I've had tea and chocolate.

Worked on hymns for June 9 while I had that and have a list of 6 to choose from (need 4.) The hymnbook this church uses doesn't have rousing Spirit hymns, just the slow ones. To me the Spirit doesn't waft in, it blows in violently and grabs your attention, making you focus on what is important. I love Pentecost. Now I have to figure out how to infect this dying congregation with the stirring I feel.

In related news, I switched my givings from my old church to the new one. Now to apply to have our memberships moved over. Last Sunday was BBQ after church and I just couldn't stir myself to drive all the way out there. I love my church family but not enough to visit regularly. I feel like a young person who has moved away from home and still loves their old home, but not enough to ever move back, just visit very occasionally and then grumble about the changes.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 am

I am trying to do things "simply" -1 thing at a time! I was very tired Sunda/Monday but feel pretty good right now. Slept quite well. Didn't even hear dh this morning. Got a lot of preliminary stuff done Sunday night & yesterday. Obvidh had been a bachelor for 2 months. I had told him tout my stuff by my bedside & he did. The living/dining/kitchen area were disastrous. But I got everything unpacked & put away. All the surfaces were done. I just finished cleaning the living room & dusting.

Next up is the dining room which is only taking care of a few things. Still need to make the bed but need dh's help to pull the blanket back up. Kitchen needs very little now.

Yesterday do-A, dilemma, dgs6' dsgd19 came out with their motor home. Would never have recognized it. They had it wrapped with a brown color scheme, put an electric awning on & did an outside speaker via Bluetooth. Nice & they got a very good deal to boot.

We were to have dinner with friends here last night but he called to see if we were going over to Ds-R's for dinner & I had just found out that DS-R was having dinner for us all. It ended up being a surprise birthday dinner for me. Dinner was fantastic! Corn on the cob, smoked chicken wings (I had 1), and the cake. The cake! Was very light with a low cal whipped cream & strawberries/blueberries on top. Was just enough. Was so nice having family all around. Our friends were so gracious! He & dh are true "brothers" albeit dh is white & friend is black. They are such dear friends & the people we stayed with after my heart attack in October.

Have to say I was very dismayed after my heart attack May 11th -a mere 6.5 months after the one in October. I was doing all the right things. My LDL was 47, total Cholesterol was 122, all my other lipids very good! But!!! Found after the stents were put in that the 2 they put in January 2017 had "collapsed" or as cardiologist told me they'd re grown tissue inside & blocked. So not my fault at all. They did balloon procedure on those & put in 2 new stents -different manufacturer. Remember this happened with dh's first stent.

Back to pacing a few laps inside -it's raining! Then to do 10 minutes in the bedroom.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 28, 2019 10:36 am

I am up s2s x
Journaling accomplished.
I spiffed up the place.
Floors are up but they will have to wait.

I have my chores on a specific page on my planner I will refer to this later.
It is a lovely day here.
Tues. trash day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 10:58 am

Dee - It is so good to see you posting again. Now that you have made the trek to your summer home you can settle in and enjoy time with family and friends there.

This morning I've made a dozen bags with 6 oz of fresh vegetables (baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cut celery). I need them to be a no brainer, easy to grab and eat.

Now I'm making a big pot of salsa (Tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers & herbs). I will put it in small mason jars in 6oz portions. That will be another vegetable serving that is a no-brainer.

I make horrible food choices when I don't have things ready to eat.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 28, 2019 11:01 am

Dh just brought me the mail from here. Had 12 bottles of mess from med co. 2 smaller bottles were met for in -the extra diabetes pill I've taken for years. But when you're in the hospital for heart problems you're taken off it as it's hard on the kidneys. I was supposed to go back on it the 16th at night. But that's the day I went back in. My blood sugars have stayed 70-110 & mostly near 100. So I called my friend, the health coordinator at my Dr's office last week. She talked to the dr & she agreed I can stay off it for now. I see her the 5th & she'll look at my #'s then. Hopefully I can stay off it. I'm hoping to be able to skip it & maybe, just maybe the #'s might go even lower. But even if it stays at 1.1 I'll be happy & so will my doctors.

Our neighbors (the very dear friend, Di, who has lung cancer stage IV) were able to rent their site to a contractor for the summer. A win/win for them since she's getting chemo for the foreseeable future in FL but they didn't want to give up their site. Actually there were probably 4/5 other contractors who pulled their campers onto seasonal sites yesterday. That's another win for dcampowner. No idea what project they're on but I can guarantee dh will know by tonight. :lol:

Thanks, LadyM! It's great to see all my family again. Dd will be here next weekend & we can have several family gatherings. I'm so happy to be htoo. Posting from my iPad till computer arrives with dd.

Meant to say I received a bill from June, 2017!! Today. It's obviously from my cardiac rehab that summer but as far as I knew I'd paid it all. Going to call on it & it's a NEW bill. May not owe it at all.

Editing: not sure why but I still owed the $45. HOWEVER: I somehow overpaid them by $75! So she took the $45 from that leaving $30 in my account. For 2 years?? She was going to credit it back to me but I'm quite sure I'll be going back there for cardiac rehab a real soon! So had her leave it. I'll be sure to tell them I have that $30 credit!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 11:31 am

I found another day camp being held at the closest university. I told DS10 about it and how I thought he would enjoy it. His reaction was an immediate and passionate plea to please not make him do it. His reason is when he is around kids that he doesn't know then his Tourette's tics get much stronger and frequent. He doesn't want to go through that experience and begged me to not make him do it. Pick your battles.....making him attend camp isn't mine. DS10 thanked me for giving him the opportunity to attend camp. He then thanked me for not making him do it.

I've talked to DH about DMIL. It has been an eventful morning. The initial tests showed DMIL had a stroke. This hospital doesn't have abilities to remove blood clot in brain so they moved her to the area in the hospital where the helicopter pad is located with plans to fly her to a bigger city hospital. While waiting for the bigger city hospital to accept the incoming patient the doctors at that hospital disagreed with the results of the tests and said DMIL did not have a blood clot/stroke. The local hospital doctors are now preparing DMIL for more test - MRI plus evaluation by a physical therapist. Earlier this morning DMIL didn't know where she was or who anyone was. Now she is clear-headed and knows everyone.

DMom called wanting to argue about the test her doctor has her scheduled to do on Friday. I told DMom that it was her choice to have the test or not have it. But IMHO if she didn't want to listen to this doctor and do what he suggests then she needs to find another doctor that she agrees with. DMom is in drama mode (IMHO). I told DMom I support whatever decision she makes. If she wants to be her own doctor than do it. If she wants to listen to this doctor recommendations then do it. If she wants to find another doctor then do it. DMom decided that she would do the test. I didn't say this to DMOM but I will say my opinion here to get it out of my head....... OH MY GOODNESS. It is a simple test like having your blood pressure taken. CHILL OUT.

I need to reboot again.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”