Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Simple tuesday: will still gets things done PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 28, 2019 11:45 am

:lol: LadyM. Understand the questioning of your dmil's symptoms. They were sure I had a stroke the 16th, but I regained use of my left side within 3 hours. Then every stroke protocol I passed w/flying colors. Had an MRI which showed nothing & they did the Carotid ultra sound. It was after all this that my diagnosis of the UTI/Ecoli infection came up. Even though I don't remember any symptoms, the cardiologist told me that a bad UTI infection can really mess with the brain & neurological system. The only thing before collapsing that Thursday morning was that I was incredibly exhausted that Wednesday night. This too was probably caused by he infection. It's my hope that your dmil has that 'easy' diagnosis. Would be nice.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 28, 2019 12:09 pm

DH's "stroke" ended up being a virus (supposedly) that invaded a nerve up into his brain.

(LadyM) you are having quite a day. Sorry about the further problems with DMiL.

Nice to have you back, Dee. Don't work too hard.

I quit trying to get anything done for a while. Phone was ringing off the hook. DH has too much going on and he can't really manage it all and neither can I.

Anyone who thinks G oogle searches are random honest searches, doesn't know how the system works. People pay big bucks to get to the top of the list, or the first pages. We had a website at one point and DGS who set it up included the map feature (which we didn't want anyway because it is actually our house). So we got on G oogle's radar. Every company which you can pay for this optimization calls us over and over and over. Think 25 calls a day. Pushing the correct button to be taken off the list does not work. Staying on the line and telling the actual person to take us off their list results in them hanging up on me. I blocked 250 call numbers, then ran out of space; cleared that all off and I'm starting again. They change numbers all the time, so it really does no good to block these numbers. SO. Annoying.

Gotta run to the bank, then come back and wait for someone to bring papers over. Ties up my day.

I just wanta hide from the world today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm

I am sitting down for lunch with weighed and measured portions in the correct macros. Even if I do nothing else right for the rest of today.... I GOT THIS!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with stroke diagnosis (misdiagnosis). I've sent that to DH so he can ask the possibilities the next time he visits with the doctor.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Harmony - I so agree with you! I feel like we are being fed biased and/or false information on many levels. news, search engines, ariver reviews, etc. I trust little and verify much.

The groups on FB are being a valued source of information. Our local community groups are constantly asking & giving reviews and recommendations about everything from news, weather, food, contractors, etc. I believe most of those because I know most of the people who are giving reviews & recommendations.

Yesterday they delivered the yellow pages book (paper). It is so tiny now compared to what it used to be. I threw it in the trash. We never look at it because we find 99.9% of what we need through local FB groups.

After enjoying yesterday with no storms we are back into spring time yuckiness. They just gave this weather prediction for us...We are not at the RED ALERT yet because many things can happen from now until 5pm but models are increasing the chance and risk for a LARGE SUPERcell forming in or near our local area that could produce TORANDOE(s) today!
I'm tired of this weather pattern. Can we have a boring one, please?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 28, 2019 1:37 pm

I shook rugs and swept floor before store run. Glad I got that done early yea me. Food is unloaded and put away. Took freezer stuff to the basement.
Got some weeds lo aded in the trash can. More to go out later did those too.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 28, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Until we got with the program and put ourselves online, I had no idea how all this stuff really works. Yeah, I figured, hey, it's the internet, right? It's gotta be true! :lol: I had looked up all the eye doctors within a 50 mile radius. One who was personally recommended to me I discounted because someone posted a bad report. My DSMiL breezed through hers with this same Dr. Of course I was a tough case and I could put a biased review of my doctor, but it wouldn't tell the whole picture, so I would never do that.

Got my banking done.

Closed out the month. Figured since I was stuck at home today I'd do something productive. Been leaving some of it ride month after month since we were so slow...but now it's picked up so I've caught everything up to date.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi.

I went to the accountant's office today. When I left there, I felt like an utter and complete failure. I was hungry so I went to the mall near his office. I went to the food court and I was too upset to even look at the food. Got back in my car and drove home.

Woman next door gave me 3 black raspberry macarones. OH WOW!! She's an AWESOME baker! Yum, yum, yum.

Before I left to go to the accountant's, I ran the dishwasher and did most of the large bowls from yesterday. I have 2 large pots left to do and I need to go unload the dishwasher. I'm going to go do that now.

The accountant is going to call dh after 5 tonight. I am not looking forward to that phone call. According to the accountant, the reason I am having such difficulty with the books is due mostly to dh. He also wants me to go to the bank every day of the week if that is needed on the morning after a job is done here at our shop.

Supper tonight will be eggs and toast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 28, 2019 3:29 pm

(((Cathy))) Accountant hugs in case you are wondering. And yes, for now going to the bank every day dh is paid for some work is probably a good idea. Then it will be easy to match invoices to deposits. On the other hand, that's the sort of thing I'd do to make my life easier. If you are paying for bookkeeping services, then you are doing a lot of work to make the bookkeeper's job easier. Perhaps there is another way (i.e. a receipt book or having your clients email you payment.)

I don't think I've done much at all today except some pondering about the service on June 9. I went downtown with dh to his hair cut and got a bang trim. It was a nice, short, outing with dh. But despite that, I'm only at 3900 steps for the day. So I need to either go for a walk or hop on the treadmill.

There's been an accident below us, which we didn't hear at all. The lights at the intersection are knocked out. The police tweeted the intersection is closed until 6 but that's not true. Police are directing and only one lane is closed (not even an important one at this time of day.) They can't close this intersection because that would me 3 out of the 5 bridges to Quebec would be closed and that would be a nightmare. But more importantly, they don't need to close it. The police are doing a much better job with traffic management than the lights do. There is absolutely no honking, something I hear all the time at this time of day.

I'm off to find something to do. Tomorrow I'll be out all day so I need to get something done today. Dinner tonight is planned (leftovers.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:56 pm

((((d cathy))))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:07 pm

dh and I dropped off dd younger - she landed and is taking a taxi home. dh and I went to the the big garden shop about an hour + away. bought duplicates without meaning to. 8-)
Came home and dropped off dh - I picked up geraniums locally bc the ones at the garden shop were $$$
not a lot of choices of colour.
I got one group transplanted before lightening started. I didn't mind the grey sky and drizzle but the lightening and thunder is another thing.
we ate at dh's favourite place - it is not a healthy place - He wouldn't go anywhere else - again. I always feel yucky afterward. Let it go.

I have to get our screens.

I really don't want to do house work so I have to recheck my brain 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”