whale whale whale it's Wednesday, May 29th PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

whale whale whale it's Wednesday, May 29th PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 am

Sorry couldn't resist! :D

It is a new day!

what is on your horizon for this Wednesday?

Don't forget your SHE GPS (all of us), when you get off track in your day - we are here for each other to help. :D

Well (whale) good day to you!!! hope it's great!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed May 29, 2019 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: whale whale whale it's Wednesday, May 29th PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9go0-q2UMU
(around 8:61)

I found this idea under Minimal Mom and thought it was a great idea.

She suggested, Instead of keeping all the keepsakes of loved ones etc that cause you burden,(instead of happy memories every time you see it), you can keep a picture album/scrapbook of photos of the things that your loved ones give you (or left you), where it was in the house, the story behind it etc. This way you can unburden yourself and let someone else find joy in them like your loved one does/did. (a little story underneath etc).

I thought it was a great idea!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 29, 2019 7:31 am

Hi.

Dh and I had a very serious talk last night. Accountant never did call dh.

All the dishes are done and put away. Bed is made. 2 habits that seem to be coming together at the same time.

Roomba is doing her thing..

It's cold and wet here. Rain is in the forecast.

Edited to add supper. Because it's almost like November here, I am making Shepherd's Pie. We didn't have it last week and I want it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:17 am

I am praying for you d Cathy!

We have the cold (probably not as cold as you) and very wet here too. Sending you warm breezes.

Our ground is saturated and we have not been able to plant in our veggie garden which is highly unusual. If it were warm here, I would think we were in the tropics. We seem to have rain fall every day.

time for me to do more than paperwork.
I watched a national geographic school live talk about the Nautilus. So interesting. I wanted a little learning time before starting my day.

hopeful goals today:
clean out the ash in our fireplace
vacuum the inside of the couch
vacuum under the stairs

run to home depot with dh

hair dye appointment

depending on rain: plant the other planter
power wash part of the fence (or hand wash) - it might be dangerous with all the soaked areas to use my electric powered power washer

phone call - I have been waiting for the dentist to call re: cleaning
call on dr. appointments

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 am

ooooh, Shepherd's Pie! My menu for tonight is pork and potato stir fry (another winter meal) but I'll ask dh if he'd prefer shepherd's pie. Either way, there will be leftovers frozen for me for while he's away I have enough meals (or starts of meals) in the freezer already for the 3 weeks I'm here by myself, but could use a bit more variety since I'd rather not have the same thing more than once a week.

I still have to do the meal plan with dsil for the week at the cottage. I have one meal in the freezer already but he and I will have to write it out and split up the cooking duties and figure out if ds needs to be included as well. The fact that there is no restaurant or grocery store nearby means we really do have to do our planning well.

Today I'm babysitting dgd downtown while dd gets her hair cut. She figures this is her last cut for a while (6 months to a year) because hair cuts don't currently bring her pleasure. She doesn't have bangs so it won't be a big deal, although her hair is tapered at the moment. I understand her feelings, I used to get mine cut every 3 - 6 months when the kids were little. I had bangs so would do my own. It showed!

My back is out today so I'm glad I told dd to bring the stroller. I'll do a round of physio (which I should be doing daily) and wear hiking boots to help support my ankle which is 'collapsing' on my today (nerve pinching in the back is what is causing that.)

I'm up. Slept well. Woke up at 6:15 and felt awake, turned on the radio (dh was already awake), rolled into dh's arms and woke up 90 minutes later.

Cathy: if you want to discuss bookkeeping 'off-line' with me, we can set up a Member's Only thread. I'm not exactly a good example but maybe we can pull Harmony in to the discussion. And LadyM who used to do it for their business.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 29, 2019 8:51 am

Oh how I wish I had the ingredients for shepherd's pie, Cathy! It's very cool here too as you might guess. I got up early as there's a cardinal that keeps flying into our windows, pretty non-stop, from dawn on. Who can sleep through that noise. It's quite unbelievable.

Have gal coming at 11 with my "I've fallen & can't get up" button. Will also have GPS. so I'm able to go wherever. Then insurance nurse is coming at 3. Have to go up to the gate to let them in. Meantime I have a list of things I want to get done.

Can't wait for my computer to get here! :D Typing on my iPad isn't bad but........

Have a good day. Will try to get back later & read of your 'whale' day. :P
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:16 am

good day to you two d kathryn and d dee as well.

I am off to do my morning routine. I needed to map out my house on paper - first floor - to focus. ;) (this brain of mine 8-) ).
kitchen is number 1 and so on. timer in hand so I can focus. (oh my gosh that's a good one :lol: ).

Yesterday I spoke to kat (my appointment) because I assumed I hadn't gotten much done recently. I don't keep what I have done after the date I am working. I assumed that with dd younger home that my routines went out the window and that all that I had planned on, with her, hadn't gotten done.
She went through my plans I had made 2 weeks ago, during our last conversation, and I had done almost all of it plus cleaning out the gutters. I was shocked. that perfectionist brain and over-thinking/goal-ing fibbed to me saying that I hadn't done very much.
Rather eye opening on how i can convince myself that I am falling behind over and over again. (even if I get one thing done - that's a blessing - I know I am not eating bon bons (even if I would like to 8-) ) on sitting the whole day looking into space. It was a nice reminder to stop listening to the negative.
(oh I will do it again as it is an internal consistent dialogue of perfection but it is much better 85 % of the time).

timer in had - ready - stop procrastinating and get to work (my talk to myself 8-) ).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 29, 2019 9:41 am

I slept good last night. I woke up refreshed and ready to start the day. Fitbit shows I got 7 hr 45 min sleep which is excellent for me. I just noticed that my deep sleep is way under the norm for others my age. Hum....

Today DGD7 becomes DGD8. DD came and got her yesterday and plans to keep her all day today. We will gather this evening for birthday cake and open gifts.

My top 3 things today -
** Support to DH as he does DMIL care
** Celebrate DGD8 birthday
** Homeschool

I started the pump when I got up this morning and was able to get all the water out of the cellar.

My next water task is to pump water out of the swimming pool. It is about to overflow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 am

Water, water everywhere, LadyM! The same here- lots of flooded basements, etc. on the Lake Ontario shore there's lots of flooding & states of emergency. Sure Kathryn & Cathy can attest to those lake levels & the St. Lawrence. Here the water pump has been running non-stop ever since got here Sunday & well before that. We did have a nice weekend however.

I started remaking the bed. Had to pull off the cover so I could pull the blanket back up. But I had to take an actual 'breather'. Now I think I can finish the job.

Editing @10:10am: found the insert for over the sink & wiped all the surfaces in the kitchen, dining room & living room. Can we say "Dust"? Men never worry about such a thing. ;) Also got the bed done. I've picked up in front of the washer closet in the bathroom. Still need to do our dresser top, behind the bathroom sink & the vanity shelf in there
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 am

Grrr... we don't have any frozen ground beef. No Shepherd's Pie. Dh popped in for a quick minute just as I was coming out of the garage. I told him about how, after 15 months since we got our 1/4 cow, we had no frozen ground beef. I used at least 1 package per week. Dh hates roasts, so we had "Steaks, ground beef and kidneys".

New menu decision. Sausages fried with onions and penne in a red sauce. Dh's spicy sausages are thawing.

He finally made a comment about the dishes and how great the house is looking. He rarely comments on that type of stuff, so I was happy that it has been acknowledged.

It's raining here. Lake Ontario is at a higher level than 2017. There are pictures on FB showing broken docks. Local parks along the waterfront are closed or just not opened for the season yet. Center Island (a Toronto tourist attraction) has sandbags everywhere with water still getting past them. A neighbor is losing the end of his driveway over the ditch due to erosion. Much more of this and he will be parking on the street. The buds for the wine grapes opened 2 weeks later than usual.

Went to the local library and there seems to be no knitting group there any more. I will call 3 of the ladies later today and see what's up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”