whale whale whale it's Wednesday, May 29th PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: whale whale whale it's Wednesday, May 29th PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:17 pm

loved that d Harriet!
well done on getting your yearly physical out of the way!
yay on family fed and animals and flowers being happy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 29, 2019 2:18 pm

I am back, walked dog and pruned suckers off the purple leaf plum tree & the napl e tree out front.
Watching a gardening show. Having a break now after those 2 rounds in the yard it is coming along.
Laundry is sorted and the washer twins are going now.
I pressed some fabric for projects to seam up later.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 29, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:21 pm

I am at hair dye place right now.
I contacted the chimney people to clean our chimney on friday.
(same day as mouse repair people come... hope that won't be a problem.
I looked at my checking account. ;) 8-) win the lottery anyone? :D

called brother check
called and made 2 dr. appointments (yearlies) - end of July and end of October
waiting for call from dentist still.
tomorrow is a blood test and errands fingers crossed

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm back home now.

Dgd doesn't take a bottle so the plan had been to feed her before the hair appointment but she was more interested in charming me at that point. She had two meltdowns with me. One was a bumped head when on her tummy. The other was just a meltdown. Boy she can scream! We were in the children's section at the central library and security came, she was screaming so loudly!

She calmed down by the time I got her in the elevator to take her out and we walked a couple of blocks then went to the salon. Her mommy was almost done but she didn't even see her mom, she was just fascinated with all the bottles and people making a fuss over her.

She was fed at the salon after the appointment and then we went to the baby shop where she spit up all over me and herself. Her mom was buying another bottle style to try. On flaw in her attempting to get dgd to take a bottle is that she's having dsil give it and he won't put up with the crying. I'm much tougher and more stubborn so I think I should try next time. She might give in to me. Anyway, I had her an hour. We need to get up to 2- 3 hours so dd can go to a movie or a nice dinner out.

I'm home. Our radiators were cleaned while I was gone so I have a lot of furniture to put back. And I need to pull out the vacuum as well.

Dh has chosen shepherd's pie for dinner so at least one SHE husband will get it today!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:43 pm

I am home too!

hello d kathryn! Welcome home! I know your dd was happy you were there!

how old is she now?
I know dd younger never went to the bottle...at 6 months we started slowly learning from taking liquid off a spoon - like the ones they use in India to help her learn how to sip. she was able to go to a sippy cup/not the big holes one - cup with help from us - so that others could be with her when I couldn't be there.

dh and I went to home depot - he used up my fertilizer bags I had after all. :D He only had to buy 2 bags.
we picked up the screens - yay

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Our pastor just dropped by for a visit. He is visiting all the elders' homes this afternoon to tell each one that he is resigning as our preacher. He isn't leaving because he is mad or having conflict. Our church is growing and doing well in all areas. But he has been here for 10 years and now feels called to start a church about 45 miles away in the town where he lives. He said he must be crazy to leave a growing thriving church with a good paycheck and go to a startup. I'm going to miss his unorthodox way of doing things while still staying true to his belief. He will stay at our church for a while to help in the transition to finding another preacher.

I harvested sugar snap peas and tomatoes today in the garden.

DD canceled DGD7 party this evening. She said we would do a birthday cake on Saturday.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Just checked the weather to be sure it wasn't going to storm, so I could put some of my portable container plants off the porch for the evening to catch the morning sun. Lo and behold, it is 94 degrees at 5:30 p.m. Whoa. I hate to see August. In trying to find the high of the day, I see that right now it is 99 about 30 minutes south of here and that station says "feels like" 100. Am I right - this is May 29, isn't it?

I need to start putting ice into the chickens' waterer.

HRH is feeling poorly and napping.

Dd sent a photo of her canvas' progress in class today, which was only primed this a.m. It's the second time I've said, "Whoa" today. They were only given an emotion to convey. I don't know the emotion she got, but my ... .. it emotes. Someday, sooooomeday, kittens and flowers.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 29, 2019 5:41 pm

Whale, that's 3 of us with churches in transition now. What's going on? Don't drink the water!

Whelp, (and how's that for a well word?) I've done one thing all day: cleaned up after DH.

But that's quite a big job. Organized, straightened out, filed, etc. etc. all the papers all over the kitchen table. Went through all the files in the step file where we keep bids in progress, proposals waiting decisions, etc. etc. Looked all those addresses up looking for permits, etc. One has been done by the homeowner, others not done at all for months and months and months. Those are filed away in the "old" maybe never file drawer.

Then DH comes in all hot and bothered from his work in the heat and he was looking for a small piece of paper with a name and phone number. No job name, couldn't remember the person's name...and of course I was to blame since I tidied up. Several rants later he found it in his wallet, he sheepishly told me :oops:

Then I straightened up emails and receipts. Plus vacuumed where he shakes out his sandy shoes over the waste basket (only part of which makes it into the basket) washed the top of the basket, vacuumed, mopped. Also wiped the table where he sits and cleaned up the injury to the arm spots all over and on the floor...

Sigh.... he used to go to Youth group Wed. nights and I got a break for a few hours. That's over for the summer. Things would be looking pretty good around here except that he dragged out a banker's box of files back to the kitchen and now has papers all over the counter again.

Cathy I don't know how your DH is to work with, but I'd never get anything accomplished unless I keep asking DH a hundred questions every day. Where's the receipt..what job was this for... where's the check you said you got... and a stack of notes for his things to do for the morning...

Men tend to think the actual work of building or changing tires is the work and the rest is just unimportant stuff. Until it doesn't get done. Then the mud hits the fan. Sheesh!

Dinner is leftover spaghetti and salad. I'm off to pretend today never happened.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Four of us with churches in transition.

Dh said our Rev called today to say he'd received our request for membership transfer. I'm glad dh handled the call. I've already told the Rev that it feels like I'm divorcing my church family but I really feel drawn to this other church. It fits more of who I am now and a church community like that is a great part of why I moved to city. I felt the Spirit was calling me to do more with my life and I couldn't do it in my little village, I needed to be in the city where there was a need for social justice support.

Our Rev also asked delicately about our financial support. Dh didn't have it quite right so I'll have to update the treasurer. We intend, at this point to 'flip' our contributions so the city church will get what the village church received and vice versa. Since we're halfway through the year, our support for this year will only be 2/3 our support from last year and then next year, I'll commit to doing 1/3 and then no more steady beyond that. Although, by then, the church might be closed.

We're doing Shepherd's pie in Yorkshire Puddings tonight for something different. We had that at a chain roadhouse restaurant and loved it so are trying to replicate at home. That will use up half the mixture, the rest we'll package up and have for another meal.

Tomorrow night we'll be at the ball park. It is dollar hotdog night.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi everyone! It's DONE! All those mandatory trainings took two days. I am good for another year. I had my performance evaluation done, and it was excellent. That means I will be getting the state workers' 4% raise in July. I need to catch up on both work and home email. Think I will do the work ones after I post this.

Monday, DD17 and I wanted to go to the amusement park, but the x kept her instead, promising to take her himself. She even took her season pass from my house so he didn't have to buy a ticket for her. Instead of father/daughter amusement park, it became father, daughter, stepmother, stepbrother aquarium trip. Neither she nor step-bro were consulted about the change and neither wanted to go, but they were stuck. I wonder if he even consulted the other woman or simply told her where to be too? He tried the authoritarian change of venue on me when we were married, but I always told him he could go wherever he wanted, but I was going to the original destination. He never asked DD what she wanted to do during the summer either, but at least she likes camping.

I could have gone to the amusement park by myself, but chose to paint in the hallway instead. The contents of the hall closet are in my LR now, because it needs a second coat. Here is what is left on the painting project: 2nd coat of north trim, south trim, 6 doors, and the alcove. I also need to decide what to do about the laundry room doors, which will not stay hung.

Turns out that paint night at church is THIS Friday and the dance studio is closed this week. I don't need clutter in the form of a new painting. Maybe I should call a friend for dinner?

Return to “Post When You Can”