ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:10 am

“Confidence is a skill I’ve built over the years by practicing acts of everyday courage.”

It's a new day! Even with emotional struggles that we are facing, it is still a beginning of a new day!

Is there something that you would like to accomplish today? Remember, We are not tackling a mountain but enjoying a simple walk through our day.

Happy Thursday to you (morning or evening)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

Postby CathyS » Thu May 30, 2019 8:16 am

Hi. I have been up since before 6. I slept all night without getting up at all.

Bed was made before dh left for work at 6:40ish. Dishes were all done before I went to bed last night.

No idea what to make for supper. We are going out with someone dh works with tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am

Happy Anniversary, to Harmony & Mr. Harmony. May you have a beautiful day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:59 am

good morning d cathy and d dee!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR HARMONY AND MR. HARMONY!!!!

I have been up since 5:30 - sat in bed until 6:30 and have been putzing since then. time for moving forward. ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 30, 2019 9:08 am

Somewhere along the way we seem to have lost my key fob to our car. I'm quite certain I gave it to DH before he left FL in March. But it is nowhere to be found. Even had dd looking for it down there. I've checked all the bags that came up, dh's toiletry kit, pockets galore! Beats me. I'm trying not to think about it, believing it will turn up. We do know it can't be in the car as the car wouldn't lock if it were.

Got my life alert button yesterday. Has a GPS so I can go anywhere. Dh feels great relief. I don't even feel it on around my neck. Not the way I want to spend $44/month but guess it's time.

Hope HRH finds himself feeling better every day!

Looking forward to my computer arriving this weekend. Only can type one handed & I certainly prefer both.

Feel better & stronger each day. Was going to go for my blood work this morning but forgot & took my mess too quickly. Tomorrow I have to!

Off to make the bed & hopefully do at least a short walk.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 30, 2019 9:42 am

Dee: I'm glad you have the alert button now. You could go down in the laundry room mid-week and no-one would find you for a while.

I'm up, dressed, and had tea and chocolate. Focus today continues to be packing for dh. We need to get some hand sanitizer for him. And I need to check his medicine kit. This year he's taking more stuff than last year. Simple things like rags to wash stuff off. And a cup to clean his mouth guard in. There is no potable water and it is a cholera zone so he's bought a shower head to fit on a bottle of water so he can rinse his hair with clean water. He was afraid some would get into his mouth last year.

The ballgame is in question since we are expecting thunder storms late afternoon/evening. And Mike Pence is in town so there will be major traffic messes due to the motorcade being on the road during rush hour.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu May 30, 2019 9:50 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I had good intentions of starting the thread this morning. I had planned to name it, "Don't Panic, it's only Thursday!" :)
But First, though, I had to check Email and there I found messages that needed immediate attention. Typical.

Buzy summer is already here.
* Home life is up and down as we are waiting on contractors for porch, siding, and gutters. Inside I am frustrated by lack of available time to do the cleaning that I want to do.
* Work at the library was already crazy gearing up for summer, but is even worse now because our teenage worker quit Wednesday night. More info below.
* My sewing group has become quite active with events every month in addition to the regular meetings. Lots of fun stuff, but also a lot of extra work.
* The weather is continuing wild here as it is all over the country. It is such a huge relief to have the new roof! :!:

I started to write more about teenage worker but it was too long -- so summary: Teenager decided she didn't like doing some parts of the job (for example, helping patrons) so she shouldn't have to do them. Complained to her mom. Mommy came in to yell at the boss, so the boss cut back on what the teenager was expected to do, but that also meant not scheduling her for as many hours. Then both mommy and daddy came in to yell at the boss. The boss decided that teenager (who had already been given lots of special treatment over the past year) needed to either do the job she was being paid to do, or quit. I wasn't there either time the parents came in, but I was told that there was a lot of yelling and some threats to the boss. Not a good situation. Bottom line was an employee who was not only not doing assigned work, but she decided to straight out verbally refuse to do the work. Not ok. (And even my summary version is long but I'm out of time for editing.)

Must get off the computer and do home chores before library work. Need more coffee!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 30, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks, Kathryn. Think I feel some relief as well. Could use it for any emergency really. Saves getting phone out, etc.

Going to take my B12 & go out for a walk. Later>>>>>>?>???

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 30, 2019 10:20 am

Cathy: I've got the bookkeeping thread up

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6216&p=179753#p179753

Harmony, you don't need to weigh in at the moment but I will definitely like to pull you into this thread (or a more generic thread in paper tamers) once I get an idea of what help Cathy will need. I admire your work for your husband greatly and your experience is likely closer to what Cathy needs, than mine.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 30, 2019 10:41 am

Blessed - Thank you for the start today.

Cathy - I appreciate you posting your menu plans. It helps me think through what I'm going to make.

Bookie - What a disaster for that teen. Their chances of growing into a responsible adult are limited by their parents. That is sad for everyone involved. We have teens that work at our local library but it is done on a volunteer basis for a few hours each week. Our library is smaller than yours. We only have one paid position and everything else is volunteers.

DS10 and I went to bed late and slept in. I didn't wake up until 8:45 am. Our home schedule is all out of whack with DH being with DMIL in the hospital, the storms and the end of school. I'm trying to just tread water while making sure the basics are done.

This morning I pumped 5" of water out of the swimming pool. Now the back yard is flooded....again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”