ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

Postby Nancy » Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 am

Happy anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Harmony.
I am up did journaling, had breakfast and meds.
Feeling rough today, Sinuses are a bit stuffy.
We had t storms in the night I slept through them.

I need to get the last 2 loads of laundry started. x
I spiffed the bed.
Got the seeds bagged up to go out next week 2 of them yea! XX
Tuna salad sandwiches sound yummy to me might be for lunch or dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 30, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 30, 2019 11:44 am

LadyM: when you said the other day that you had water in the cellar, did that include your storm cellar?

I've done 2 loads of laundry. That's it for the day but at least it is something.

Dh is on a call. I have stuff I should do outside the home but I don't want to leave because I want to be here every moment dh is here before he goes away. He's getting annoyed with my 'last meal' type talk but he doesn't enjoy most of the food in Tanzania so I want to send him off having had his favourites.

We really enjoyed the shepherd's pie in yorkshire puddings last night. It was a lot of work and dh doesn't feel it was worth it. I disagree, I loved every bite of my meal. Friday's dinner will be easy since there's the rest of the shepherd's pie for leftovers. Tonight is easy since it is either pizza at home or hotdogs at ballpark.

I have had my morning snack so I guess I'll go do a Konmari task now.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu May 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Bookie - What a disaster for that teen. Their chances of growing into a responsible adult are limited by their parents. That is sad for everyone involved.
Yes, I am very disappointed in the teen because I thought she was both smarter and more mature than that. She will have quite a shock trying to work anywhere else.

Our main competition in TinyTown for teen employment is McD's. They do pay a lot more per hour. However, the people who work there are in a vastly different environment - noise, grease, located in the truck stop so a wide variety of personality types, and they are open 24 hours so employee schedules change frequently. Other than McD's would be a couple of diners (waitress/dishwasher), the little grocery store or the dollar store (checker/stocker). Any of those places would have the issue of her being too young to serve alcohol or sell cigarettes.

And NONE of those places would allow her or her parents to argue with the boss. NONE.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Yes, water is in the storm cellar. Currently, it is about 6" deep and I'm pumping it out (again). When the tornado was close by on Tuesday night the water was about a foot deep in the cellar. So DS10 and I hunkered down on the cellar steps with the cellar door open. I told DS10 that if a tornado hit the house then we would have to stand in the knee-deep water so I could quickly close the cellar door. Thankfully that didn't happen! The water in the cellar is coming from under the floor because the water table is so high.

DD brought DGD8 and her puppy. The puppy is cute as can be. It is half lab and half Great Dane so it is going to be a big dog. DGD8 asked for the puppy to stay here. Silence happened. When I didn't answer her then DD said: "No, the puppy is staying at my home". So DD took the puppy and left DGD8 here. DD told DGD8 that she would bring the puppy here to visit her tomorrow.

DH and his siblings meet with a caseworker at the hospital this morning. They decided to move DMIL into a rehab facility for a couple of weeks so she can do daily therapy to help her regain her strength. DMIL is in agreement with this decision. Hopefully, she can get strong enough to walk again and become self-sufficient.

Daily LOL has been done and in the dryer.
Dishwasher has been emptied, refilled and is running now.
Roomba is cleaning the floors.
Daily pool chores have been accomplished.
DS10 ear has been doctored (drops, soak, suck out, antibody drops put in)

I can't get sidetracked while watching the water being pumped out. When the septic system becomes full then I have to stop the water pump and wait.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu May 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Happy anniversary, Harmony and Mr. Harmony!

We’re on the road, headed home. We’ll be there around 4:00 or so, I think, and then Music on the Square tonight at 6:00.
Had a good time but we are certainly ready for Tiny Town traffic again, LOL!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Happy Anniversary Harmony & DH!

The cellar is completely pumped out now. The water will probably return but for now, it is done.

I fed the kids lunch. Not a great lunch but it is done. I opened a can of Spaghetti O's and weiners and heated it up. This is one of my "OH NO. They are hungry and I don't know what to fix" meals. #MealPlanFailure
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu May 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Happy Anniversary to Harmony and DH! Hope you are doing something special today!

Hello everyone. I have been sleeping through the night and waking with the alarm better than I had been last week. The last few days have been busy. Tuesday morning dh had a blood test at the V.A. When we got home Ds#1 came in and brought some more boxes for packing. He was here for a couple of hours. Found out that their truck broke down while he was on his way to work one day last week. They are planning a trip to South Dakota, Mt. Rushmore area, in June, so he will have to get their truck fixed before then.

Anyway, yesterday the pharmacist from V.A. called with the results of dh's test and said it was good. We went over his RXs and she will send his refills out this week.

Our morning routines are done and after lunch I want to start the weekly chores, just to get a head start on Friday's routines. I used to be able to do all the weekly heavy cleaning and more all in one day, but not anymore! It is now two days. I also have a DPC to new homeowner and have to research a couple of methods of moving our furniture to new location. :? Not my favorite things to do. I talked to my dcousin last evening and learned she had made a trip to her home up north to get things ready for us; arrangements for utilities - which we will have to transfer to our name - lawn care, plumbing issue, a/c repair and a ramp up to the front porch, which has three or four steps, etc. Dh can step up one step, but more than that is a challenge for him. Guess it's just a matter of taking care of one thing at a time.

Happy 8th Birthday to Lady M's DGD! Nice to hear you will have some sunshine today!

Dee, I'm glad to hear you are feeling stronger. Hope you find your key fob.

I enjoy hearing the menu plans here also. Kathryn, I made your Hamburg Chowder a few days after you posted and it was filling and delicious.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather off and on during the day; thinking about so many here affected by the rain and storms. The weather pattern seems to be moving slowly eastward and now getting closer to Dfamily#3's area. We haven't had much, if any, rain in the last two weeks, and temps have been in the mid 90s. I'm wondering how Lilac and family are doing, since we haven't heard from her in a while?!

So, it's lunchtime; I'm going to get a bite to eat then start in on what needs done. See you all later!
Later....I got sidetracked, fixed my lunch and now need to start for real!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu May 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for anniversary wishes. We are 26 years today.

Dailies done.
Check to the mailbox, mail sorted.
Filled vitamin / med. boxes.
Helped DH out in driveway as he was prepping stuff for a job. My job was to stand on the other end of the metal rods so he could bend them. Sun was bright. It actually is painful to my eyes. 8-)

Washed sheets, changed a bed. Tackled another very lumpy pillow which has been that was for a long time. Got that fixed.

Sunny, if you are renting a box truck, make sure it has a power lift to move furniture up and down on and comes with a dolly.

Reading my book a little this afternoon.

Have a nice day!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi!

Back from Fort Erie with 2 stops in the falls on the way home. One at my favourite used book store to make sure he wasn't closing. He isn't, but suddenly announcing a 50% off store wide sale is very unlike him. He said he just needs more room to put all the books coming in. The other stop was our favourite grocery store. I got chicken wings for supper tonight. 2 "family" packs. My plan is to boil them and then throw them on the BBQ when dh gets home. I also plan on cooking perogies along with a side of onions fried in butter. Those get a quick sizzle in the frying pan after they come to a boil. We bought sour cream last week.

Bought 3 tops and 3 bottoms at Jayset. I got 20% off of my purchase. Black shorts, blue shorts (nice bright cobalt blue) and white capris. One t shirt kind of top with 2 parrots with a splash of blue behind them. A long sleeve top that had blue flowers and a blue/white/black t shirt type of top. (The black is all near the bottom)
Last edited by CathyS on Thu May 30, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Lunch x
After lunch weeding session done today.
Cleaned the seeds off the patio.
First load of laundry is done.
2nd load in the dry now folded and put away.
Moved a half bucket of dirt & sod had been putting that off. Glad to have that accomplished.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”