ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: ta - Da Thursday - May 30, 2019 PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:17 pm

a quick hello!!!!
I finished all but 1 errand.
I ate a piece of chocolate cake - why? :oops: :x

there is sunshine out and I think (even though I am tired) I should work outside. dh had been busy. he did laundry - towels and folded them and put them away.
he put the new tires on my garden cart (I had them fixed at the bike shop).

Hello d book!
hello d sunny!
hello d cathy!
hello d rose!
hello d harmony!
hello d lady!
hello d kathryn!
hello d nancy!
hello d lucy!
hello d dee!
Hello d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu May 30, 2019 6:42 pm

tada Friday
Not a whale in sight here but the bees are in a blooming tree.
Yesterday I read that the whales have set up a nursery off the Gold Coast this year. The usual spot is in a bay behind the large sand Island to the north, but a few had problems in there last year, and stingers are that far south though that is more a summer thing, and I'm not sure they worry whales anyway.

Thursday might have been a determination day betwixt me and pdoc.
Walked home. Its more downhill than the other direction would be.
That might have been part of my dis-ease in recent times. I need more action in my life, remembering the words - Physician heal thyself. - that were spat at me by a long ago clinic chief. I didn't care for them then, but perhaps I'm at a stage to renew my determination for a way beyond this stuckness, and those words are just the ones I need to believe in.. His response to my intention to follow a well used book, then be led to my own healing using its suggestions of daily writing was telling. No wonder I've been stuck and not at all coping with life. He wants more of the same. Not happening if I want a decent chance at a reasonable old age, and I have to get started now.
I'm thinking of a novel approach.

I've been doing bed staying in bed, light and radio off, last night at least. Still woke at dark oclock, still I'll accept the sleep I get and be thankfull.
Tmeds
LOL on.
stood in sun by flowering tree. I must take a bees photo as it does its business. I'll do that now before the washing is ready, and next lot on.

PS - prayers for dd, who is booked for surgery next month.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 30, 2019 6:56 pm

I'm thinking of a novel approach.

LynLee - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this.

I made pulled pork and mashed potatoes for supper.

DS10 has 3 friends here. The boys volunteered to empty & clean out the dog water tub (60 gallons). I gave them a long handle brush to use in scrubbing. I'm sure the boys will be soaked when they finish but they consider that type of cleaning to be fun.

DH came home for a few hours to sleep. He is preparing to go back to the hospital and spend the night with DMIL.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:54 pm

good for you d lynlee - happy Friday to you. I will be praying for your dd!

d lady - I am sure those boys will be soaked! what fun for them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:55 pm

I needed to shut off for a bit as I was getting a bit of a headache. my guilt tells me I should work on the yard and the house but my realistic bones tell me it is 7:00 pm and it's okay. maybe I will read a bit and list my spending.

I am a bit sad - even though I know better - just a bit of adjusting to dd younger being gone again. it's a good thing to move forward.

I think we should have sun tomorrow so that will give me time outside.
I bought fish for tomorrow night.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu May 30, 2019 8:06 pm

LM - I want to write, without constraints.
I'm thinking arch lever folder for handwritten storage, and possibilities of editing.
I want to step away from the internet as I don't trust it, after reading my laptops terms and conditions of use.
A novel approach hopefully will help. And won't upset family if they or others ever see it.

I've read a variety of 'books' and literature to see how others have attacked both bios and 'I swear this is a novel , 'no one but coincidences here' approach.
Ru, a prise winning bio/memoir I found in the library fiction section showed me there can be a hugely different approach. No need to attempt an autopilot a-z approach.

blessed - best wishes for your family. I think its right for dd younger to try her wings. Her experiences may have been different from many teens/ young folk, but that doesn't mean she hasn't grown and developed through them.

tada
online mtg of sorts
LOL out and on.
bfst eaten.

next load to go out.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 30, 2019 8:54 pm

I think tomorrow is planned and prep'd.

8am - DH is teaming up with his siblings to move his DMom from the hospital to the Rehab facility. These 2 places are only a couple of miles apart.

9am DS10 and DGD8 are attending a science day camp. I just took them to the store and let them pick out items for their sack lunch. Other items they need to take are ready and sitting by the front door.

9:30am DH has an appt to get fitted for diabetic shoes. This is only a couple miles away from where he will be so that should be doable.

10am I'll pick up DMom and take her to WM and shoe store. Then we will eat lunch in the city.

1pm - I'll take DMom to her doctor appt.

3:30pm - pick up the kids from day camp. I'm hoping I can make it back from DMom's doctor appt in time. DH told me to give him a call if I couldn't and he will break loose and pick them up.

It's a plan.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 am

Lynlee, those kind of folders always seem both protective and potentially full of interest! I like photos of blossoms with the insects they "match". Sometimes it can be a surprise which ones search out which. Hope you get a good photo of the bee.

I know Ken in Canada is busy as a bee getting ready for meaningful travel.

Happy Anniversary to the Harmonies.

Happy 8th Birthday to LadyM's dgd! Best wishes to LadyM's in-laws for a good day tomorrow.

I was disappointed to find out that because our large hospital authority here made changes, has a new name, I am no longer in their database of patients who can access their information online. The info's there, I just don't have a "current" identity because I accessed this last about 1.5 years ago. A frustrating thing to find out a day AFTER a physical appointment. It would have been nice if someone had noticed this and mentioned it so I would have known to handle it in a timely manner. HRH got me put in as a request today and now I wait a minimum of 3 business days before they'll admit they remember me.

Whoops this was supposed to post a long time ago and interruptions happened. nitey nite!

Return to “Post When You Can”