Flexible Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Flexible Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:28 pm

struggling today - I need to focus on my yard work and not feel bad that I am not doing my morning routine and daily vacuum etc. I have fish for dinner for us that I will cook simply at 5:00

I want to do both the inside and the outside but I have to see I am limited on what I actually can do today. I have to be okay with it. ;) PIE

heading outside again to work
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello. Yes I must stay flexible, and I work hard at not being annoyed at the interruptions.

My day is started, all the usual stuff done. Ran the sweeper a bit. Shredded (by hand) a few papers. I still need to go buy another shredder. I have S2S and since my hair is so short I can fix it with blow dryer and little round brush.

No real plans for the day. I guess I should stop and think of something to do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRIET!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Happy birthday Harriet.. ;) Wishing you a wonderful day .
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 31, 2019 3:13 pm

Have a very merry Harriet!!!

I am very flexible too!!! Already been to Wally World, UPS and the post office and it just turned to noon time. Sorting out laundry and need to star the wash.

Need to remember to got to the gym this afternoon... due to the holiday, I almost forget to go on Wed.

Waving to y’all!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 31, 2019 3:38 pm

Happy birthday, Harriet!

Today has been flexible. Stuck in rush hour traffic now. It will take a very long time to get home. I have frozen things in the car.

We are in stop and go traffic and the transport truck beside us just rolled back almost hitting the car stuck behind him. That car is leaving lots of space now although, given how the truck jumped when slammed on the brake after realizing the honking was for it, the truck might not make that mistake again.

I got up at 9, and showered as soon as I was steady on my feet because someone was coming over. They were delayed to 10:30 so I had tea and chocolate before they arrived.

While they were over, the school called me as the emergency number because the 17 year old daughter in my first refugee family has not been to school since May 6 and the family wasn't responding to phone calls.

I immediately texted her and emailed the whole committee. Then I made phone calls after my visitor left. Her mom had been visited just a few days ago. So that person called and asked point blank if she was ok. The mom said she was skipping school for Ramadan, which is 30 days. Eventually someone talked directly to her and while she is fine, that person feels something is not right. At least she is safe.

Apparently she has been doing school work and is in touch with teachers so the school panicked me before inquiring from the teachers if they knew something. So I will be writing a letter recommending a change in their procedures before calling emergency contacts.

My sister called about coming next week while I was making calls. Then I had my breakfast at noon and we went to visit dgs so dh could see the kids before he leaves.

Then shopping and now an hour drive home in traffic.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Hellooooo! And a large Thank You for all the kind birthday wishes.

Dd20 took me to brunch to commemorate 3 years without meat or fish, at the same nice Mexican restaurant to which she's taken me 3 birthdays now. We brainstormed about her artwork and my interests, too, chatter chatter chatter.

Ds was on the phone to say happy birthday as we walked back in the house. I have two cards in the mail from dd39, so don't yet know what's up with that. Will wait on dstepson to come over and open them with him.

HRH's present was detoured because application for the course I want to take has been postponed by a week. It was going to be perfect if today could have been the day to pay for that, but he can give me an IOU ! Just happy to know it's coming.

Wish i could say he feels well, but at least some of the side effects are gone.

Thinking about going out now to get him the tart juices he's been craving. For some reason, fruits and juices are just the thing for him these days. I can put a few more errands together and accomplish them quickly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Just when I thought I'd have an easy day with nothing pressing to do....

DH called to ask about filter sizes. Yep I have a chart right in my Household notebook, showed DH where the chart is in the book (which I'm sure he'll forget). So up the ladder, reached nine feet up to the ceiling, changed 5 a/c return filters and cleaned those grills inside and out. DH running back and forth for the spray bottle, the paper towels, the filters, the butter knife to pry open the little catches that aren't user friendly. All done and I'll bet my a/c system is just basking in all the clean air it's getting. :lol:

And in the midst of all that, fixing the copier. Couldn't get the 'no paper' message off the display, so I couldn't print or copy. Read the manual. Read online tutorials. Cleared the queue, cleaned 6 rollers, changed the drum which is on its last legs but still have some life left, turned it off, pulled the plug, turned back on, reset everything in the computer and on the menu on the front of the machine.... still wouldn't work.

DH came in and looked at it all, listened to my story of what I did, reached up to the machine and hit the print job cancel button and all is well again. :roll: :o :x Jeminey Cricket!

Ok I'm burnt out from all that. Going to go sit down somewhere quiet.

Harriet, 2 cards: 1 from DD 1 from DGSs?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:03 pm

I watered early bc of comment this evening.
Spiffed up the dining room but a new to me vintage table cloth on the table.
H said he will get ac going this weekend.
Some of the beds are looking better with the weeding I have done.
I hung up the shirts I laundered today yea!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi everyone! I had to be flexible today because my email crashed AGAIN. I have problems every time I change the password. And the system requires a password change every 60 days. Most of the time was taken by uninstall and reinstall of Office. Turned out that wasn't even necessary! Email was up long enough for me to send some queries for a report due Monday.

I am worried about Briggs. He is not bouncing back from his dental work and it has been two weeks. He now looks OLD. His fur is unkempt and he has lost weight. I am taking him to clinic tomorrow, primarily so the cat coordinator can take a look. I know he is drinking ok.

Last night, DD17 wanted to read instead of going out to eat. I was disappointed, but my budget was not. We worked on a list of things we need to do/pack/plan for camping at the end of June. I am having dinner with a friend rather than go to the paint night at church. (This is not a workday where we paint walls of the church - I would have gone to that. It is where participants are taught a painting and complete it there. Fun, but clutter generating.)

We found another stupid user trick obsolete business practice. We are calling it Nicodemus children. The scenario is: Family A applied for benefits for child A1. Sometime later, the benefits ended. Family A then applies for benefits for child A2. Instead of entering a new person, some users are editing the information for child A1, giving a new name and birthday. To the system, it appears that one child has been born twice and due dates and thus timeliness for child A2 are calculated based on the application date for child A1. Nicodemus was the temple official who asked, "How can a man be born again?" Two thousand years later, we can give him an answer.

Happy Birthday Harriet!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Fri May 31, 2019 7:14 pm

Happy Birthday, Harriet! And congrats on avoiding meat and fish for 3 Years. That's great!!

Return to “Post When You Can”