JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:43 am

Just because it's June, June, June! Get your "happy " on & start your day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 am

For some reason this song is now stuck in my head.

I've evidently caught a cold & most likely from the plane. Started Wednesday & by last night I was running a fever of 101. I never have a fever. Dh left about 8pm & went to Wgreens to get me some Co ricidin. Didn't dare take anything else. I sipped water through the night. We were supposed to go to a picnic at church commemorating our 200th anniversary today. Not happening. Tomorrow is our anniversary service with past pastors. Also not happening as we have dgs14's confirmation. I'll go if I"m significantly better tomorrow. The only place I've been is the plane Sunday afternoon. Going to make my reservation soon to fly back to FL in October. Ian somewhat better this morning. At least fever is down. Not "normal" for me but down.

Dh just left to go to town for some R icolo for me. Got to get hummer food ready so dh can hang them today or tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am

oh my gosh - I loved the opening d dee!!!

I do hope you feel better soon! Both my daughters have gotten that cold. dd younger thinks she got hers on the plane as well and then she brought it home to us :) I am glad your fever is down.
Congratulations to your dgs 14 on his confirmation tomorrow!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:15 am

We had rain bustin out all over. For a second there was an orange sun and then kaplooey we got thunder boomers.
I am switching my focus to the inside (I have been neglecting my daily routine and it shows).
waiting for the basement guys to fix our basement walls. they should be here soon.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:39 am

I just couldn't resist, Blessed & now the song is stuck.

I'm s2s, mess & breakfast done. Hoping the cold med kicks in soon.

Dd "face timed " me last night from the hotel. For some reason her phone had no signal but her iPad was able to contact me. I'm sure she's well on her way now -stayed in Dunn, NC last night. That reminds me I need to make sure my cc isn't billed. I guaranteed the room with mine but she paid with hers. Going to check right now while it's on my mind.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:49 am

I, also, have that song in my head now. :D
praying those cold meds do wonders for you d dee!
glad you were able to talk to your dd!

I have to get started. I still have a bit of a background headache. I am sure the weather has something to do with that.
time to get productive :D

I thought I would get so much more done outside this week but I now have to move things to next week. The garden is taking longer than i thought.
I am off to look at my calendar and see if the weather will cooperate.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 am

I am over goal-ing for next week. I have so much to do in the yard and in the house that I am trying to do it all. I looked at the calendar and the weather predictions next week and I am getting stressed by all the things I should do. (perfectionist thinking). I have to adjustment my attitude to know I can only do so much. I spent the morning stressing as I looked at my week. I have to remember that I am not a crew of people.
So trying to simplify my vision instead of stressing about it.

I didn't get my kitchen zone work done that I had planned for this week. I am trying to spread my kitchen over the month bc with summer sunshine I can see that even though I clean once a month cabinets fronts etc. that it is not enough. The garden is taking more time to work on than I had expected but I can see that I need to adjust my expectations.

Simplify to the path; not attack the mountain.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:24 am

So, I didn't know the song.

Googled it.

Was watching it. Meh. Reading the comments, they kept talking about the dance sequence. Again, I'm thinking meh. Then it finally got to the dance sequence. Even so, it took a minute to get special. Then it was special. Dh then watched it on my recommendation (skipping the first 4 minutes of meh!)

So now I know the song.

June is meh here so far. And today is supposed to be the beautiful day of the weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and measurable rain. Today is thick cloud and we are up to 54*. Whoopee!

I keep meaning to get my bike road-ready. Then I look outside and think why bother? On the nice days (for instance Thursday) it is too windy to ride.

I didn't post much yesterday or follow up on Thursday night.

Dh and I went to the game. The ballpark still doesn't serve tea and I gave them the benefit of the doubt and didn't bring any. I did bring vegetables. Anyway, had 2 hotdogs in one bun, then, later because I was cold, I had a hot slice of pizza. I had on jeans, long sleeved shirt, fleece sweater, then added my rain poncho to cut the wind once it changed (plus it would drizzle.) At the 6th inning I went and put on my rain pants and winter coat because I was getting cold in the wind. It would rain a little and then stop and we were up against the suites (only 200 people at the ballpark, which seats thousands) so we weren't getting wet.

Our team was ahead 3 - 2. Top of the 9th. As dh says, only 3 more outs and we can go home. The rains starts and the pitcher starts throwing balls. Walks the first batter, the second batter, the third flies out, the fourth is walked the fifth is walked so that brings in the tying run. Great, now we're here for longer. The umps put in a rain delay.

Dh says, "we're going home." So I buy him a 62 & 5 month birthday present of a new hat for the team because his current hat is for another team AND doesn't fit. Then we go home. The rain stops on the way home and the end score is 3-5 so our team lost. I'm glad we didn't wait. Even so, I got to bed at 11:30.

At least now we can listen to a play by play (local community college) and there's also video, just not shown in the park but it meant I could watch the bits of the bottom of the 9th before I went to bed. They actually had the winning run at bat with 2 outs but he struck out.

Yesterday, I posted about the day and the evening was unproductive and quiet.

Today is quiet so far. I'm still not dressed although I finished my breakfast while cuop.

My bike and a couple of other tasks are my main focus. Plus getting dh all packed, dinner at the pub, and an early bedtime.

Dh is going to suspend Netflix while he's gone. I'll still have two streaming services. Crave and Prime and have marked several series to watch on Prime, some classic, one current. Once again, I don't get all the content that you get because I'm not in the US. We can't suspend Crave (the online of a Canadian network) or else that would have been the recommended one. We prepaid for the year, then they changed their delivery model and the level we have is useless. They offered some HBO shows when we subscribed but now all those are a premium level. For June, they are adding 102 titles, we get access to only 14 of those. Veronica Mars, season 3 is the only one I've heard of, the rest are c-level horror or food/travel shows. Not much for $10 a month. If it wasn't prepaid I'd cancel now. Instead, I just warn everyone not to subscribe and NEVER prepay for a service since it wasn't this bad when we actually paid for it. They changed it 3 months into the full year subscription and we didn't know to cancel because we had no idea they'd stop added good content at our level.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:19 am

Good thing I had this rant here about Crave. I just went to sign in and my computer is no longer supported so I can't use my computer. My tablet is also no longer supported so I can't use my tablet. I could download an app to watch on my phone, but, no. Not interested in watching TV on my phone.

I ran to dh and said, "Don't suspend Netflix!" and he said it was OK, they don't offer a suspension anymore so he didn't bother to cancel. So I'm good. I told him to get rid of Crave next year. He'd already decided to just do month to month.

I found out I couldn't use Crave through the subreddit. Turns out a lot of people only subscribed to watch Game of Thrones and immediately unsubscribed (some during the last few minutes of the show!)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:44 am

A song about walking on sunshine is in my head today. I woke up thinking about plants big enough to go in the earth and the area I spaded up last evening at dusk. So I got the wagon loaded w plants in it to the out door kitchen area and inspected them got them ready to go in after we get the a/c going. I put pi cs. On fb. It is supposed to be 90* here today and tomorrow. My old fashioned pink roses are in bloom this week so lovely. I have a meal plan. Glad I cleaned and declutter the dining room yesterday.

Waving to everyone!

Might make it to farmer's mkt. & green house might not.

Return to “Post When You Can”